Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Hazo posted:

How does Magneto fly

Like I guess the idea is that his suit is metallic and he uses his magnet powers to levitate it, but I think that’s stupid as gently caress because it’s equivalent to trying to fly by pulling up on your own feet

I’d like a crispy chicken biggie bag with ghost pepper ranch sauce

He pushes himself off of various mineral deposits and such in the earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Hazo posted:

…This is actually a pretty good explanation. Thanks X-Men nerds!

Now address my theory of how Tony Stark is definitely a mutant because of how he can survive massive impacts without liquefying himself inside his suit.

There's probably a dozen other ways he could manage it. His powers are more "control over the electromagnetic spectrum" or "controls magnetic forces" more than something like ferrokinessis. I remember getting a book about the X-Men in the 90's and part of his powers are "Can shoot any kind of energy out of his head or hands".

Dunno about big impacts but he once made himself a suit of ablative ceramic armor for working among hazardous space debris that would constantly make new mini ceramic plates from a kiln on his back to replace broken ones.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

How is Magneto so jacked?

Pumping iron

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

:lol: This is my first encounter with Surf Dracula and wow, that's accurate.

I swear some 90's comics had to do something major every issue. Introduce a new character, kill a character, revive a character, etc.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also lol that Gladiator is so very clearly Superman, even having similar animation and mannerisms to a lot of depictions of Superman in how he uses his powers.
The whole space empire angle is interesting, since both blatantly and subtly they're clear about the contradictions and questionable morality of the whole affair, and how the romantic angle (in a few senses) blinds both the characters and audience to them until they come to a head.

Technically Superboy, all the Royal guard members are based on Legion characters

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The Charles Xavier School for the Gifted/Unlucky gets a lot of donations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

Gargoyles was practically all Star Trek alumni

They got Avery Brooks to come do a voice. I don't know what kind of connections you have to have to get Avery Brooks to appear on your show, but this knowledge has been lost to time, and we are all worse off for it.

The crazy thing is that while a lot of these are small one-episode parts in either one or both, Frakes, Sirtis, Spiner, Dorn, and Mulgrew had main or significant roles in both.

Speaking of Star Trek Riker and Cyclops have a lot in common. Both guys from Alaska who take their orders from bald guys, have "brothers" they didn't know about that joined up with terrorist factions, date psychics, lost their mothers, are estranged from their fathers, and are skilled pilots.