Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I think it was a napkin or something? And then it grew into an item of clothing? Pretty trippy really.

e:

So cravat is from the french cravate which is derived from croat. This is from croatian mercenaries who wore neck scarves. Cool.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno

yung swamp thang
croat crush crew

Prurient Squid

I went through my entire school life without ever learning to tie my tie. I just loosened it and took it off when I came home and put it on the next day.

Turdo

I was always jealous of the kids in school with the velcro ties with the little rubber air pump

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
I like bolo ties as a concept. all just wrapping some string around your neck and going "eh, good enough"

Prurient Squid

The earliest ties were so different and so convoluted in their various manners of folding and tieing together that all the knowledge of such items were gathered together in a single tome called the Neckclothnomicon.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Visions of Valerie posted:

I like bolo ties as a concept. all just wrapping some string around your neck and going "eh, good enough"

:shrug: they say it's the tie that binds

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Prurient Squid

Ancient chinese warriors wore tied neckwear and also the ancient Egyptians believed that knots had magic power. I guess Egyptian mummies wore neckties or something.

Prurient Squid

Great Male Renunciation? Woah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Male_Renunciation

RavenousScoot

making it through the boobie-trapped labyrinth of a pyramid all the way to the burial chamber, just to find the mummie sitting frozen in time on the edge of his sarcophagus with his pud in his hand and a necktie pulled tight

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Prurient Squid

The lesser known sartorial dynasty known for turning out well styled pharaohs with perfectly ironed shirts. The shirts were made of papyrus and the irons were heated with coal fires. You don't read about them in the history books because of envy.

google THIS

RavenousScoot posted:

making it through the boobie-trapped labyrinth of a pyramid all the way to the burial chamber, just to find the mummie sitting frozen in time on the edge of his sarcophagus with his pud in his hand and a necktie pulled tight

Ah yes, King TugginKhummin

Finger Prince

There is an ancient account written in cuniform, of a battle between two evenly matched armies. Though they battled ferociously for many days, neither was able to gain the upper hand. Finally, when both armies lay decimated, the generals met and agreed to cease hostilities, accepting that while neither had triumphed, neither had they been defeated, and that was worth at least one point.

Prurient Squid

Where does the necktie fit into this?

google THIS

Prurient Squid posted:

Where does the necktie fit into this?

Between the chin and shoulders, around the collar uzhe

google THIS fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 26, 2024

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

croat crush crew

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastGhost

20% cooler
Star Wars: TIE Fighter is a 1994 Star Wars space flight simulator and space combat video game, a sequel in the Star Wars: X-Wing series. It places the player in the role of an Imperial starfighter pilot during events that occur between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

The game was produced by Lawrence Holland and Edward Kilham's Totally Games studio. Based on X-Wing's game engine, TIE Fighter supports Gouraud shading and adds gameplay features and craft not available in X-Wing. TIE Fighter was updated and re-released several times, and it was a critical success. It is considered by some critics to be among the greatest video games of all time.