Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

I was worried it would happen because I really wanted Odunze at 9. But when the Pats went WR the dominoes fell fast

Yeah, in a real world scenario trade back would have probably been the best option. The Pats offense has so many holes that we need to plug as many of them as we can. Plus Drake Maye is described as having: prototypical size, ability to make any throw, and questionable decision making. That reminded me a bit of Zach Wilson and I didn't want to repeat that experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Quinyon Mitchell gone at 8 drat.

I'm pretty pissed right now

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anderson Koopa posted:

Yeah, in a real world scenario trade back would have probably been the best option. The Pats offense has so many holes that we need to plug as many of them as we can. Plus Drake Maye is described as having: prototypical size, ability to make any throw, and questionable decision making. That reminded me a bit of Zach Wilson and I didn't want to repeat that experiment.

I am noted Jayden supporter and Drake detractor, but Drake is a better prospect than Wilson.

Still, respect the decision, my posting friend :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Oh the Jets… you blew it…

Needed to go OL with Olu and instead picked an undersized TE.

RIP to the Jets mock 2024 season

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Oh the Jets… you blew it…

Needed to go OL with Olu and instead picked an undersized TE.

RIP to the Jets mock 2024 season

ok

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think given the situation, Douglas makes the smart decision to take Fuaga, but I respect that this is fake and PF's decision to YOLO a cool offense is commendable.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think the IRL jets would probably take fashanu there but I don’t hate bowers to them, mostly because I want Aaron rodgers to get injured again

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I will post a picture later - my home Internet is out at the moment.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I don’t get why you posted a pic of some random JavaScript developer standing next to Gronk :confused:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I would have loved to trade down but I can't do that!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I think the IRL jets would probably take fashanu there but I don’t hate bowers to them, mostly because I want Aaron rodgers to get injured again

I retract my previous statement and concur with Bismack, in light of this new perspective

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Good value on Dallas Turner. I was considering him at 8, but went for Mitchell instead, since I think he'll have more impact. Could be a bit of an overdraft.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

You all f ucked up and let the best game manager QB in history drop to the best coach in history (sponsored by Wal Mart). Let's go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

JJ McCarthy just wins games, and that trend generally continues in the NFL

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm calling for my GM's head, after drafing Latu.

Send him into the sun. Goddamn McCaskeys

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

ShakeZula posted:

:hmmyes:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

That time Tebow owned the Steelers in the playoffs was so funny it pushes everything else out of my brain, so this checks out as far as I'm concerned

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dexo posted:

Agreed. Bad pick. Bears fumbling and stumbling after their Caleb pick.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dexo posted:

Tall, great production, can play the run unlike the others. Bears like to draft injury risks

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I like how this is going. Keep it coming.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Latu is a blue chip edge prospect, a good pick.

ShakeZula posted:

Desmond Ridder was just in a bad situation.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Sad King Billy posted:

Good value on Dallas Turner. I was considering him at 8, but went for Mitchell instead, since I think he'll have more impact. Could be a bit of an overdraft.

I'm as happy that Dallas Turner was available as I am that someone else took JJ.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Anyone have last year's goon mock draft? I'm kind of curious how accurate we will be as a collective.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Anderson Koopa posted:

Anyone have last year's goon mock draft? I'm kind of curious how accurate we will be as a collective.

Here are the picks threads from the last couple of years:

There's some built-in error just because of no trades, but I think we generally get the broad strokes pretty close.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

There's some built-in error just because of no trades, but I think we generally get the broad strokes pretty close.

I did 2023 and 2022 for Seattle and I loving rock.

Even grabbed Charles Cross and Riq Woolen :c00lbert:

Two big whiffs so far are Edge Nolan Smith and Edge Andre Carter.

But heck even the fourth rounder I grabbed in 2023 was a decent starter that season before IR.

Hire me, owners, my power is limitless!!!

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I did 2023 and 2022 for Seattle and I loving rock.

Even grabbed Charles Cross and Riq Woolen :c00lbert:

Two big whiffs so far are Edge Nolan Smith and Edge Andre Carter.

But heck even the fourth rounder I grabbed in 2023 was a decent starter that season before IR.

Hire me, owners, my power is limitless!!!

I've got better with time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow WOW some said Dolf maybe you should GM the team you’re such a fortune teller. Probably the greatest we’ve ever seen

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

All you pansies selecting fancy Quarterbacks, Receivers and Edge guys should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. Only a select few are proudly waving that goon banner by drafting offensive lineman and I'm proud to be amongst them.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Black Sunshine posted:

All you pansies selecting fancy Quarterbacks, Receivers and Edge guys should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. Only a select few are proudly waving that goon banner by drafting offensive lineman and I'm proud to be amongst them.

I…I may join you.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Black Sunshine posted:

No joke surprised penix didn't go to the raiders

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

You have to recognize the Broncos are bad and don't have a second rounder lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Black Sunshine posted:

Thank you for your service :)

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

EmbryoSteve posted:

No joke surprised penix didn't go to the raiders

IRL I can see going OT with #13 then trying to trade into the end of the 1st round/early 2nd round and grabbing Penix if he makes it that far.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Bring me the cornman

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ShakeZula posted:

Huh I could've sworn I did 2021 as well, guess not. Maybe I did 2020 and 2022.

Some embarrassing misses on there for me tbh. Best pick was probably getting Zach Tom at pick 79, and I did grab Sauce Gardner real high up and Alec Pierce in the second which I'm kind of okay with. zimbomonkey taking CJ Stroud for the Panthers at first overall is a tantalizing what-if and basically proves him a better talent evaluator than the Panthers themselves.

Still, it's actually cool to see these, bit of a reality check to be honest at how many players end up doing just about nothing in the NFL. Either out of the league, or in the league but just have barely played or haven't played well. Some guys names I don't even recognize.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Play posted:

Huh I could've sworn I did 2021 as well, guess not. Maybe I did 2020 and 2022.

Some embarrassing misses on there for me tbh. Best pick was probably getting Zach Tom at pick 79, and I did grab Sauce Gardner real high up and Alec Pierce in the second which I'm kind of okay with. zimbomonkey taking CJ Stroud for the Panthers at first overall is a tantalizing what-if and basically proves him a better talent evaluator than the Panthers themselves.

Still, it's actually cool to see these, bit of a reality check to be honest at how many players end up doing just about nothing in the NFL. Either out of the league, or in the league but just have barely played or haven't played well. Some guys names I don't even recognize.

Sadly nobody claimed the Rams in 2020, but you did pick for them in 2019. And you took Jeffery Simmons with the 31st pick, which in hindsight was pretty smart!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Colts wyd

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Don't look at me, we're about halfway through the Saints' time

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

CB value was enticing, but the Saints OL is such a mess that even a guy who could be OT or OG works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I do wonder if the saints would go Fuaga or Latham at that spot.