Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Meanwhile the CB value was simply too enticing for me to pass up, especially since Indy's only veteran DB is a slot corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
YOU BASTARD COLTS I KNEW IT. I knew you were going to do that to me 😡

Edit lol that’s why I was asking what the colts were doing. I realize now how confusing that is out of context. So close to the Jaguars #1 target and I KNEW Indy was my main competition

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 3, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
To be fair, I was really close to choosing Arnold at #13 so yeah he wasn't making it to you either way.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

YOU BASTARD COLTS I KNEW IT. I knew you were going to do that to me 😡

Edit lol that’s why I was asking what the colts were doing. I realize now how confusing that is out of context. So close to the Jaguars #1 target and I KNEW Indy was my main competition

Draft-sniping a divisional rival is a truly rare and beautiful feeling

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Eltoasto posted:

CB value was enticing, but the Saints OL is such a mess that even a guy who could be OT or OG works out.

A good and cheap DB would be great in a backfired that's old an expensive. Oline is a big ol mess though, so I think either decision was good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

A good and cheap DB would be great in a backfired that's old an expensive. Oline is a big ol mess though, so I think either decision was good.

One thing I’ll give Allen credit for is he’s been good at getting production at corner out of guys who weren’t drafted super high. Would much rather keep taking mid rounders there and focus on O-Line which clearly needs an infusion of talent and health.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

One thing I’ll give Allen credit for is he’s been good at getting production at corner out of guys who weren’t drafted super high. Would much rather keep taking mid rounders there and focus on O-Line which clearly needs an infusion of talent and health.

I was thinking this, but i hope that allen is gone after this year - so a db who is good without allen would be nice to have.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

Draft-sniping a divisional rival is a truly rare and beautiful feeling

Ultimate thrill

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the best player out there is still on the board

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

the best player out there is still on the board

Worst one too!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Was tempted to troll penix but with our RT knee being in question and literally nobody on the teams depth chart at LG; Fautanu is both good, and has utility and is a husky

Boring but safe pick

I also considered chop Robinson and Byron Murphy

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Homer rear end pick.

Truthfully I'm hopeful Fautanu falls to Baltimore. He's a lil undersized, but the aggression and versatility scream Raven. Based on recent mocks it seems less and less likely he falls to 20, let alone 30.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ShakeZula posted:

JJ McCarthy just wins games, and that trend generally continues in the NFL

Yeah the best quarterback in the NFL was a proven winner and *holds earpiece* actually I am being informed that he went 13-19 in college

All kidding aside I really like what everyone's done so far. Not only looks realistic but has some interesting deviations from the media hivemind that I think make a ton of sense.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Broncos didn't like my pick in the AFC West thread but in my defense we can't trade down and we have no 2nd rounder!! What is a young horse to do?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Was tempted to troll penix but with our RT knee being in question and literally nobody on the teams depth chart at LG; Fautanu is both good, and has utility and is a husky

Boring but safe pick

I also considered chop Robinson and Byron Murphy

Exquisite pick, comrade. A+

I don’t think it’s boring at all! It’s power and dawg; two great tastes that taste great together!

Mr Chop is pretty interesting though…

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Broncos didn't like my pick in the AFC West thread but in my defense we can't trade down and we have no 2nd rounder!! What is a young horse to do?

It was probably the best pick given your situation.

It's still bad and Denver is hosed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hard losing our top prize in the draft a mere 2 picks before ours, but we're happy with the remaining caliber of player's available to fill some needed skill players. I see a day 1 starter for Lawrence here, which is the best you can hope for.

We've got some enticing players in the 2nd round thats for sure

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If nobody actually wants the Panthers I can make picks for them.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

It was probably the best pick given your situation.

It's still bad and Denver is hosed

Harsh but fair

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

If nobody actually wants the Panthers I can make picks for them.

They're all yours

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
oh it’s my turn

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

great pick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when it gets made

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
didn’t take an offensive tackle because latham didn’t test and is from Alabama (big negatives) and Mims didn’t stay healthy. other tackles were off the board already

newton will eat the chili

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Here we go. AD Mitchell sweepstakes are here. Better not let him fall to the Chiefs!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Came oh so close to taking Byron Young, and I think he's gonna be an amazing pro plus he has all the badonadonk

Also briefly considered Penix as Stafford's eventual successor, but that's a bit too silly at this point even for me.

Wiggins is gonna be a dude, I truly believe he will be the best cornerback in this draft. Great in off zone but can press too, very good plant and drive, fast feet, flips his hips in an instant, only 20 years old and nearly 6'2, very fast and athletic. He's very very sticky down the field and he trusts his speed so he never gives up too much space. Rams did pick up two CBs in free agency but Williams is 31 and Tre'davious White is frequently injured and no spring chicken himself. I don't really believe in the younger corners the Rams mostly played last year, so this is a pick for a foundational player that will hopefully be a key part of the defense for years to come.

If I had to criticize he can get a bit tall in his stem and lose drive because of it, and he has pretty short arms for his size. But I think the positives far outweigh those negatives. Edge and DT, and maybe O line are probably bigger needs but I just didn't love my options here apart from Young.

Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Russ needs weapons

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Thomas seems duplicative of Pickens in some ways but I guess you could do worse than two of that. Their receivers are like Patriots tier or worse after Pickens so yeah gotta do something about that

Mostly Russ needs a time machine back 4 or 5 years

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Can't fault the Newton pick at all. I probably would have run to the podium with Mims, but Newton is a wrecker and we'll worth 18th overall.

Play posted:

Wiggins is gonna be a dude, I truly believe he will be the best cornerback in this draft. Great in off zone but can press too, very good plant and drive, fast feet, flips his hips in an instant, only 20 years old and nearly 6'2, very fast and athletic. He's very very sticky down the field and he trusts his speed so he never gives up too much space. Rams did pick up two CBs in free agency but Williams is 31 and Tre'davious White is frequently injured and no spring chicken himself. I don't really believe in the younger corners the Rams mostly played last year, so this is a pick for a foundational player that will hopefully be a key part of the defense for years to come.

I really like Wiggins too. Immediate impact starter.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Docjowles posted:

the scientific geniuses who invented nanobubbles are working very hard on that, thank you

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Docjowles posted:

Thomas seems duplicative of Pickens in some ways but I guess you could do worse than two of that. Their receivers are like Patriots tier or worse after Pickens so yeah gotta do something about that

BTJR is Christian Watson 2.0, but more refined and more experienced as a WR. Pickens + Thomas is a deep ball dream.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Brian Thomas, good pick. I like him as an outside receiver.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think where they are at it’s a good pick but i feel like they will go a different route IRL. Also it doesn’t fit the Steelers MO of making valuable WRs out of day 2 and 3 picks…

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

Doing this again,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vkEzHViOj4S3ERKH5DObUDbHDwGOoLeho4MwCJP3c4U/edit?usp=sharing

It's a few draft boards off of fanspeak. It may at least give some ideas late in the process. I'll try and keep it updated.

Thanks for doing this! I've been a bit busy so just catching up now that the Bucs pick is coming and this made things much easier.

Perry the Platypus
Aug 7, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

BTJR is Christian Watson 2.0, but more refined and more experienced as a WR. Pickens + Thomas is a deep ball dream.

Pretty much what I thought as well, Russ/Fields can (almost exclusively) heave it and whenever we get the next qb project started the offense should be a pretty decent landing spot

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Dolphins coming up on being the first team to miss their pick

Edit: And miss it they did. Dolphins pick will be posted momentarily.

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 5, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

Dolphins coming up on being the first team to miss their pick

Edit: And miss it they did. Dolphins pick will be posted momentarily.

SHAME. They were even claimed by a real dolphan!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Thank goodness. Now we may move on. I have my guy already.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm going to bed. Will probably make my pick tomorrow afternoon.

Who's a super talented guy who committed crimes that made him fall and will make everyone mad that the Eagles somehow get him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm going to bed. Will probably make my pick tomorrow afternoon.

Who's a super talented guy who committed crimes that made him fall and will make everyone mad that the Eagles somehow get him?

An Eagles pick right now would be a DB or WR.