Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I'll take the Commanders if they don't have a dedicated goon yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Ok the Washington pick is in, Patriots are on the clock

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Me too! And I got to make a homer pick.

Great pick

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

was deeply torn between the next set of 3 OTs available but I figured I'd go with the dude who has the most pass protection experience, no injury history who also looked great at the Senior Bowl

Chargers are on the clock

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

well after the CBs i was targeting got taken I was able to go back to the T well

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It was between Braswell and Kingsley for me. I went Braswell because I think that’s what the titans will do. Good value though and nice to have both him and Patrick Paul on the same length of deal so you can keep whoever ends up better and maybe move off the other

Yea I double checked to see what tackles were on the roster and they released their best T bc he was old and injured. Everyone else is a JAG or a backup. The interior o-line is better thanks to FA signings but the tackles are garbage.

If the EDGE talent was better in this draft I’d have gone that route but gently caress it

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Relentlessboredomm is drafting right :clint:

I understood the assignment :smug:

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 8, 2024

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

With Penix off the board, I have a feeling Vegas will force a QB pick and I suppose Nix is the best available at that point.

they do need someone else in the mix, its not the worst value

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

Yeah I'm of the opinion that you pretty much just have to keep taking shots at QB until you get lucky because you're not winning poo poo without a top tier guy.

agreed, and poo poo the Raiders do have one of the best WRs in the game and a surprisingly good defense in spite of the talent. might as well take shots

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Melton, Beebe and Polk were the three I was looking at picking with the Bucs pick.

Beebe is incredible, I hope he ends up on the Bucs. I also don't think he'll last past the top of the 2nd.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

oh we got back to washington faster than i thought, alright pick is in

i suppose ill finally stop drafting offense to throw some bodies at pass rusher

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Debated Kneeland or Trice at 63, but opinions on them seemed so divisive I settled on a more consensus BPA pick.

re: Kneeland, yea for Washington they just have no one good at Edge after trading their two best dudes last year so it's just throwing athletic bodies at the position this year and hoping a rotation is sufficient while setting up the rookie QB in a good situation on offense

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

and even closer now, jags are on the clock

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Malik Washington in the 3rddddddd? Whoa.

was debating between a few receivers but id rather roll the dice on him. I wouldnt mind going defense but I don't love most of the defensive options in this draft and everytime my pick comes up there's just been a run on all the dudes I like.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

washington doesn't have a 4th round pick so im done regardless but it'd be cool to see

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Sinott, Stover, and Johnson are all upside guys so it's just whichever one you like best. Sinott's been jumping up boards bc he's so young while being big and fast

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Well that’s not great. Really bad year not to have a third 😡

idk, i think most of the TEs will be available in rd 4 so in the real draft Miami will likely have a shot at one of the athletic dudes. we'll see if im right tho

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

alright i feel pretty good about this draft for Washington

Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan
Malik Washington, WR, UVA
Theo Johnson TE PSU

Probably should've gone safety instead of Malik there in the 3rd, but I gambled that the 2 dudes I liked would both survive to the end of the round and I was wrong. From the perspective of giving the new qb the best possible situation though I'm happy with the results.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

If either Braswell or Robinson had made it to 40 (the 2nd of Washington's 2nd rounders) I was taking them but they both got snatched in the preceding picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

i overdrafted in some spots but got great value elsewhere. I did a better job addressing the o-line than the Commanders did but they got wayyyy better value across the board than me and the trade down to get even more 2nd rounders is a good choice.