Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Sign me up for the leftover lottery. If there are more posters than leftover teams, I'm happy to be the one to drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
sweet. all i have to do is evaluate football players better than the ravens.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

There's always that one guy who falls because too many GMs want to get cute with their own picks and then the other GMs just assume he was taken already and don't notice he's still available.

Latham was in my "he'll probably be gone before #30" list, so I had to look him up a bit before pulling the trigger to make sure he wasn't a late faller or the wrong fit or something. That's the Ravens for you.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

2nd round didn't fall great for Baltimore. Based on who was available Melton is a good pick. I might've gone Malachi Corley, but that's a lot riskier proposition. Melton seems like a contributing depth CB at his absolute floor.

Thanks. I was also looking hard at Beebe until the Lions snaked him.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Apologies for the delay folks. Busy work day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Ravens have now picked their top 4, and didn't do any trades, so I can compare.

My picks:
1 (30): JC Latham (real draft: 7)
2 (62): Max Melton (real draft: 43)
3 (93): Brandon Dorlus (real draft: 109)
4 (113): Javon Baker (real draft: 110)

The picks by the "professionals" who "actually" make decisions for the Ravens:
1 (30): Nate Wiggins (goon draft: 19)
2 (62): Roger Rosengarten (goon draft: 107)
3 (93): Adisa Isaac (goon draft: 43)
4 (113): Devontez Walker (goon draft: 70)

So my only pick that the Ravens passed on is Brandon Dorlus; the Ravens' only pick that I passed on was Roger Rosengarten.

I had flagged guards and tackles-who-might-play-guard for the Ravens as they are thin at RT and guard; Latham was of course easy, but earlier I had considered Cooper Beebe, Fautanu, Mims and Suamataia; Rosengarten projects as a RT according to the beast so he makes sense for them. I hadn't gotten to the second round graded tackle prospects yet when Latham fell, so I switched to scouting corners and liked Melton as a complimentary corner to Humphrey.

Meanwhile the real Ravens, without the obvious Latham pick available, took what both Brugler and the goon draft considered to be CB3, which makes sense as 9 O-linemen had been taken beforehand.

Dorlus to me seemed like a decent 3-4 DE that would fit with the rest of the Ravens roster and compete with Broderick Washington, a $4m/year vet, for the starting role; they would keep their current young OLBs in this scenario. But they took Isaac instead as more of an OLB; at pick 93 he looks like a bargain, and he also has an opportunity to compete with the incumbents.

All in all I feel like I RP'd the Ravens pretty well, and I would endorse their real world picks.