Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Titan Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Drake maye would be an incredible pickup at 6. I think it is pretty clear that somebody else would probably trade up for him at 5 if he was still there but for the function of this exercise the giants would be fuckin thrilled lol.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think the IRL jets would probably take fashanu there but I don’t hate bowers to them, mostly because I want Aaron rodgers to get injured again

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I do wonder if the saints would go Fuaga or Latham at that spot.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think where they are at it’s a good pick but i feel like they will go a different route IRL. Also it doesn’t fit the Steelers MO of making valuable WRs out of day 2 and 3 picks…

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Laddy to KC is infuriating. Do not allow mahomes to have a welker.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Not thrilled with my options here but I tried to do what I ultimately think the team would do in that position. I was picking between four guys but the team has pretty strongly indicated that RT is probably not a priority this early in the draft and I like braswell more than Adisa Isaac ultimately.

The titans desperately will want to move back with either their first or second round pick since they don’t have a 3rd and basically need defensive pieces at edge, IDL, ILB, and maybe safety. They still could use one more WR but the spot is too rich for the guy I would take from the remaining early round WRs (legette over polk if anyone is wondering). I used to have a huge hardon for Troy Franklin but with the Calvin Ridley trade I don’t see the need there with the WR room as currently constructed. Would rather look at a guy like legette or polk for next year when Hopkins is probably gone. Xavier worthy was not a consideration here for me.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It was between Braswell and Kingsley for me. I went Braswell because I think that’s what the titans will do. Good value though and nice to have both him and Patrick Paul on the same length of deal so you can keep whoever ends up better and maybe move off the other

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol sorry man. It was either him or Baker from UCF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Operating under the assumption that there will not be a fifth round, here is my titans postmortem.

R1P6: Joe Alt. Fills a need with the consensus best tackle on the board.
R2P38: Chris Braswell. Maybe a bit of an overdraft here but it fills a need with the new coaching staff apparently seeing Arden key as just a rotational guy.
R4P106: Jalen McMillan. Can stay at slot or develop behind Ridley and Hopkins in preparation for next season to potentially fill a bigger role if Deandre Hopkins leaves.

I would be happy with all three of these players in the actual draft but I think the primary takeaway here is that the titans really need to try and trade down, either from 7 or 38, to make up their missing third rounder. They badly need an ILB and aren’t going to find one that can start without a third round pick unless they hugely overdraft one at 38.