Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Please give me priority for whatever team doesn’t have a taker! Any orphan team will do. Heck I’d happily do any of the teams without a first. I’d even do Atlanta or Arizona. Whatever team is left :)

I love the Seahawks but I want a different seattle goon to have a chance. I did Seattle the last two years I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thank you for investing your time and energy into running this event, ShakeZula! We love you and appreciate you! This is one of the most fun community events of the TFF year!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nervous posted:

The Seahawks attempt to draft AR12 for the second time.

Lisan al Gaib!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t believe the above poster

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Look how equitable and sharing TFF is

Posting comrades, willing to let others enjoy the spoils

Absolute Chad community

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

Alright, I'll be posting the picks thread sometime tomorrow, with the intent still being to start things off on Monday.

For those of you who offered to pick for an unclaimed teams, I have assigned them as follows:

Ornery and Hornery - Giants
xbilkis - Cowboys
Solarjetman - Ravens
Sad King Billy - Falcons
Cavauro - Browns

We Are House Atreides. There Is No Call We Do Not Answer.

I will make the picks.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

Picks thread is now live, trevorreznik and the Bears are on the clock.

Once again I emphasize that you own and I am grateful for your efforts

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Darth Brooks posted:

Doing this again,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vkEzHViOj4S3ERKH5DObUDbHDwGOoLeho4MwCJP3c4U/edit?usp=sharing

It's a few draft boards off of fanspeak. It may at least give some ideas late in the process. I'll try and keep it updated.

Chad effort, Brooks. Thank you!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Malik is fast and danger, great pick

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Well well well, now the giants control the draft…

I’ll make the pick asap

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

pick a WR, you don't want to miss out!!!!!!!!!!

i tried but failed!!!

I wanted to do some more intriguing picks but I just can't avoid taking a decent qb prospect for the Giants... They have many needs but the biggest need of all is - da franchise quarterback.

Giddyup

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Drake maye would be an incredible pickup at 6. I think it is pretty clear that somebody else would probably trade up for him at 5 if he was still there but for the function of this exercise the giants would be fuckin thrilled lol.

Agreed :)

After the first few picks I was thinking I’d take Joe Alt for NYG because:
  • Blue Chip prospect
  • Giants OL sucks
  • Positional Value
  • it would have absolutely thrown a wrench in the draft in a really fun way because obviously the titans want a LT

Alas, I did the honorable pick of what would be best for the giants organization.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anderson Koopa posted:

Yeah, in a real world scenario trade back would have probably been the best option. The Pats offense has so many holes that we need to plug as many of them as we can. Plus Drake Maye is described as having: prototypical size, ability to make any throw, and questionable decision making. That reminded me a bit of Zach Wilson and I didn't want to repeat that experiment.

I am noted Jayden supporter and Drake detractor, but Drake is a better prospect than Wilson.

Still, respect the decision, my posting friend :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Oh the Jets… you blew it…

Needed to go OL with Olu and instead picked an undersized TE.

RIP to the Jets mock 2024 season

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I think the IRL jets would probably take fashanu there but I don’t hate bowers to them, mostly because I want Aaron rodgers to get injured again

I retract my previous statement and concur with Bismack, in light of this new perspective

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dexo posted:

I'm calling for my GM's head, after drafing Latu.

Send him into the sun. Goddamn McCaskeys

Agreed. Bad pick. Bears fumbling and stumbling after their Caleb pick.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

Here are the picks threads from the last couple of years:

There's some built-in error just because of no trades, but I think we generally get the broad strokes pretty close.

I did 2023 and 2022 for Seattle and I loving rock.

Even grabbed Charles Cross and Riq Woolen :c00lbert:

Two big whiffs so far are Edge Nolan Smith and Edge Andre Carter.

But heck even the fourth rounder I grabbed in 2023 was a decent starter that season before IR.

Hire me, owners, my power is limitless!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Black Sunshine posted:

All you pansies selecting fancy Quarterbacks, Receivers and Edge guys should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. Only a select few are proudly waving that goon banner by drafting offensive lineman and I'm proud to be amongst them.

Thank you for your service :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

Draft-sniping a divisional rival is a truly rare and beautiful feeling

Ultimate thrill

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Was tempted to troll penix but with our RT knee being in question and literally nobody on the teams depth chart at LG; Fautanu is both good, and has utility and is a husky

Boring but safe pick

I also considered chop Robinson and Byron Murphy

Exquisite pick, comrade. A+

I don’t think it’s boring at all! It’s power and dawg; two great tastes that taste great together!

Mr Chop is pretty interesting though…

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Look at all them OL :hfive:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

This looks not bad as far as "professional mockers" are concerned

Biggest reach is Jags picking powers at 17

Yeah tbh it looks darn good. Especially because we are operating under the assumption of no trades.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?or...26ovl%3DGeorgia

Ladd has a funny RAS. But he’s fast and can catch footballs from Mr Mahomes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Relentlessboredomm is drafting right :clint:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

NYG pick is in. Absolutely delighted that Zach Frazier was still on the board. Position of need and seems to be a good value, per mock consensus.

Amy Pole Her and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

If Worthy falls to 64 just take him too, no butt stuff

Unironically agree.

Pat needs deserves weapons.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

I had a really hard time with my last pick before landing on Polk. A lot of the targets I was looking at went in the previous 10 picks.

He’s a reliable sort. Good man. Good dawg.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Oh dang Kris is a lot smaller than I thought he was.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

why would we want that if there are 17 receivers in the top 100

This is always the issue when people start floating how team X should trade a receiver.

Unless it’s a AJ Brown tier receiver, there’s no way I’d trade away a pick from the first couple rounds. I’ll just gamble on a rookie pick.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

trevorreznik posted:

Yay, the guy I wanted managed to fall.

You used an excellent photo lol

trevorreznik posted:

With the 75th pick, the Chicago Bears select
Sedrick Van Pran, Center, Georgia

Pran seems like an excellent gamble in the third. He had some decent hype earlier in his career.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Time to start taking QB shots

Was hoping Kris Jenkins would fall there but not even really close so the hawks take their shot on a guy they don't have to start. Take shots jntil you find the guy

It’s good to gamble on high ceiling qbs and RATTLER *snake noise* is a great gamble.

Hissssss

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I, once again, tip my cap to ShakeZula!

Thank you for your efforts, my cherished posting comrade!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anderson Koopa posted:

4. (103 overall) - Joe Milton III, QB Tennessee. He's tall, strong, fast, and has a good arm. He is going to ride the bench year 1 and get a year to develop / acclimate to the NFL. Year 2 he's our starter and we see what we get out of him. Assuming he is successful, we found our QB of the future here. If he isn't good enough to make it as a QB in the NFL he has some athleticism that we can transition him to a different role for years 3 and 4. It's a fourth round pick, so if it doesn't work out it won't set the franchise back too far. Plus look at this spider chart!

What a glorious spider chart.

Young man could throw the ball through a battleship. Heavenly strength.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

xbilkis posted:

This fake draft has taught me that the Cowboys are in a wild position. They're ostensibly in win-now mode for the next year, but they're going into the draft lacking starters at LT, C, RB and LB, plus they could really use depth at DT and WR, and they've only got three picks in the top 170. I honestly don't know how they expect to be meaningfully competitive in 2024-25, but still, I went into the draft trying to prioritize guys who could contribute right away at positions of need (without reaching too hard, considering the team might get blown up by next offseason).

Tbh it seems like Dallas has (and had, in the last couple seasons) more than enough talent to be a contender and they were primarily failed by coaching/scheme/injuries/variance.

The potential 2024 roster seems talented *enough* that with a few swings of luck they could be a contender.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bismarck is a huge piece of poo poo goon who stole my prospect!!!

Lemme do some research and I’ll make my pick.

Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington - I will always love you

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I salute ShakeZula

F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m mobile, somebody review my picks relative to the real draft. I bet I was excellent.