Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Gimme the Vikings.

(please)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Doing this again,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vkEzHViOj4S3ERKH5DObUDbHDwGOoLeho4MwCJP3c4U/edit?usp=sharing

It's a few draft boards off of fanspeak. It may at least give some ideas late in the process. I'll try and keep it updated.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I will post a picture later - my home Internet is out at the moment.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Sad King Billy posted:

Good value on Dallas Turner. I was considering him at 8, but went for Mitchell instead, since I think he'll have more impact. Could be a bit of an overdraft.

I'm as happy that Dallas Turner was available as I am that someone else took JJ.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd be pretty happy with this outcome as a Vikings fan if this happened in the real draft

Dallas Turner and Penix have been my ideal Vikings first round for awhile. If Turner isn't available at 11 then some other stud D-lineman,

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I am, and I did.

It's funny, the highest rated player on one of the boards still up is Bo Nix. The lowest rated player on one of the boards that was picked is J.J. McCarthy. Which one of those guys (or any of these is going to be the better player in four years I don't know. Due in large part to laziness downstairs I have a bunch of Pro Football Preview magazines dating back to the 90's. I was about ready to toss them but thought it would be interesting to look through them and see what they said about this or that player when they were drafted. I don't remember the Tom Brady one but I know it was short.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

We're ten picks from round three.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The Vikings have two picks in the first round and then nothing in the second and third. It really is all about who they get at the top of the draft.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

No trades keeps it sane.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I've been trying to keep up.

I still don't know if I'll be able to make another pick before the draft starts. The Vikings don't have any second or third round picks.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

It's funny to think that almost all of those "random players" have complete scouting reports on most of the NFL teams, all probably saying wildly different things.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Yay, I can pick again!

Um, it's the fourth round.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I just did a count and there have been more than twenty revisions of the draft sheet. I'm happy with how far we've gotten.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I was bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I almost nailed Minnesota's first round. Atlanta's unsolicited Penix pick messed it up.