Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Bozza posted:

someone told me this tastes like a tea crossed with a peaty whisky is that right

kinda want to give it a go as I like a peaty whisky (not the overpeated tourist stuff though that sucks rear end)

Fortnum & Mason Smoky Earl Grey.

It was apparently Her Majesty's favourite brew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm only w**king two days this week.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

that garlic butter dip they do is awful

I've never eaten it because the smell alone is so disgusting.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

the sex ghost posted:

Re: pub quiz gotchas, don't think I'll ever recover from Stockport county no longer having the football ground closest to the river mersey. It's not right

West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

How do you folks expect the dough to rise when it's so heavily laden with toppings? Give the poor dough a chance.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

When we were toilet training our dog I swear he was pretending to need to piss just to get treats as well.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

When we moved in I got my dog this chaise for my study so he can look out the window.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Torquemada posted:

It's got bits of akita and husky in it, by the looks

You could be a dog detective.

The father:

The mother:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Jose posted:

he looks severely unamused at being picked up

It was more being around his offspring - the owners had to go and fetch him as he was hiding away from his own puppies. Given the hassle we had with one I can appreciate how bad it was with 13.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm sorry to say an SLA on a service delivered to home means nothing - it's just a statement of confidence since the physical infrastructure is the same. SLA only means something if the last mile is subject to one. I've had both Zen business and home services to my home and they're exactly the same in terms of the technical side and also the support side. That isn't to say the business one is bad, just that the home one is good.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

When folks extolling the virtues of grilled cheese, are they speaking of one with actual cheese? Or one with what Americans call cheese?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

If you chase and catch a mugger, is it okay to beat them up a bit?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Dysgenesis posted:

Don't attack a doctor with a fire extinguisher so you can stuff him in the cupboard, pretend to be him and dish out all the lovely drugs to everyone.

This happened in the secure unit of Wythenshawe hospital whilst I was w**king their.

Sounds like something from the old SS13 thread.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

When I was looking to get my wedding suit made by Suitsupply I looked into going to the Amsterdam one because it was cheaper to fly there then get the train to London.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

tablespoon for cereal, teaspoon for yoghurt, wooden spoon for arse

It was a pressed steel dessert spoon for arse in that episode of Oz.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Dessert spoon for cereal.

Dessert spoon for yoghurt. I get through about 500g Greek yoghurt a day, using a teaspoon would be too slow.

Dessert spoon for ice cream.

Dessert spoon for soup. I don't like soup spoons.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Torquemada posted:

People still own soup spoons?

I think they're redundant, but folks might scoff at my cake forks. Personally, I just scoff with them.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

So sorry if I've ever contributed to a vibe of 'charity can gently caress off'. It was totally unintentional I assure you.

staberind posted:

I deffo dont speak for all UK Chat Thread Goons in GBS

Yeah, you don't.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Someone has this as their avatar don't they?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Captain Fargle posted:

grated cheese with paprika, cayenne pepper and a lot of butter.

This is the best answer I've seen so far and you are welcome in this thread any time.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Failed Imagineer posted:

You don't need the space if you just get a sous-vide immersion circulator

The least bougie of all the kitchen appliances, with an Anova Precision Oven coming in a close second.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I have too. However aside from the space issue, I've seen plenty of people go through multiple units because they've had several in a row come with faults.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Solefald posted:

Mughli wasn't too bad

Used to go here all the time when I first met my wife and she lived nearby. It was indeed good, but then it changed.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Are they not all vape shops now?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Starbucks posted:

Hawksmoor breakfast is one to try if in London.

A breakfast apparently only served from 11:45 to 15:00. What?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

mfcrocker posted:

Bone Daddies is an excellent backup

I went today. It was not bad.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Starbucks posted:

No really though who has the need to replace a shed with another shed and doesn’t have a drill?

The sort of person who borrows a drill and bits, then uses a loving brad point bit for masonry, thus ruining it.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Folks not living in central cities having uberlance take payment then it sits on 'finding driver' for 10 minutes before giving up and leaving you stuck.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Also the ambulance stinks of weed.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

NHS dentistry is why I'm still with the same dental surgery I've been at since I was 11. Which is a 2h drive away, to the town where my parents live.

Microplastics posted:

My loving conveyancer :argh:

Bunch of cunts.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Does that mean that if someone strikes up a conversation you must engage?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

When I had my first general anaesthetic back in September, it was great. Had excellent sleep for 24h after, too.

When I had my second one last Thursday, it was boring. I think midazolam was the difference.

The only downside was that when they get you to theatre prep and go through the checks like asking what you're having done, they did this AFTER giving me the midazolam. It was challenging to pronounce some stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Sew the pocket.