Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Welcome to the New UK Chat Thread.

Jose posted:

oval office

(Low effort OP for now because I'm lazy and phone posting. I'll sort it out later.)

Solefald fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

:colbert: stop being a bunch of cunts

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jesus Christ lmfao LOOKE PLEASE

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lol

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Come back Learnincurve :cry:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's a shame solefald was so busy today she didn't have time for a better op

I'll get to it eventually

(no I won't)

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Nah I've set him free

Bobby deserves peace

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ratjaculation posted:

Make me ik again and I'll play ball if not it's tantrum mode

Nah, Dr Cool AIDS is staying on for a little longer and then I've lined up the next person for the job (it's not you).

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

The next guy in line isn't in the discord :colbert:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ah poo poo the rat has spoken. Time for another new thread.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Don't reopen the old thread otherwise I'm going to gas it and then it is truly lost. :colbert:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Wizard Master will be destroyed on sight

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lapsang Souchong

Annoyed that Twinings discontinued it and replaced it with some generic "Distinctively Smoky" shite

Like seriously, gently caress off

oh I picked that up thinking it was lapsang and I am so loving mad now

I haven't tried it eyt so idk if it's any good or not but fu cks sakeee

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Twinings also stopped doing just Camomile Tea (at least, at Morrisons) and instead is all different flavours so I've had to try their stupid "unwind/relax/time out whatever" mixed box so I could figure out which one was tolerable. The spiced apple w/ camomile wasn't too bad but still, it's frustrating STOP CHANGING THINGS

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

corned beef hash for tea tonight lads!!!!!!!!!!

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lady Demelza posted:

Ovaltine or Horlicks?

Haven't had Ovaltine since I was a kid and I bet it has a different recipe now and so sucks poo poo idk. Been drinkign horlicks more lately.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

yeh I call them a batch here

also this weather is doing my nut in

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

no >:|

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hot cross bun time. with PROPER CROSSES not the WOKE TICKS

too much fruit smdh

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

the sex ghost posted:

Want a HCB now

I had two just now but they were "extra fruity" ones and that was too much fruit as stated in my previous post

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

We had lamb quite recently so idk if I'm in the mood for it again. I'll pop to Morrisons and see what they've got in and maybe do a roast.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

i just went through a ton of the old thread to see if it was fluo but it wasn't.

rip fluo

:bighow:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Oh dear. I think it's time to rein this joke in.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Butterfly Valley posted:

Growing up with an alcoholic mother who would drink anything in the house if it wasn't hidden or nailed down (including some gifts to me from special people that I was keeping) meant that I actively looked forward to getting my own place so I could have a booze trolley for the occasional cocktail evening or dinner party or whatever because I like having a nice bottle or two of gin, rum, tequila, whisky etc to savour on occasion.

Feel this one man. Only problem was that when I did finally have my own place (as a result of my Dad dying of his alcoholism lol whoops) I had also become an alcoholic and my drinks cabinet was always empty.

I wasn't a big drinker at home tbf but if I knew there was a bottle of wine or some spirits in there then I'd be smashing my way through them as pre-drinks before going on a bender at my local or in town. It really sucked.

Overcoming my lovely relationship with alcohol has been amazing. :toot: me and djf have TWO drinks cabinets all full of different drinks and mixers and it's so nice to be able to just have a nice glass of whisky or a cocktail on the weekend.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Depends on where you get it from. I've never had a Baby Guinness with black sambuca in it, that sounds gross! :whitewater:

Locals round here just make it with Tia Maria and Baileys.

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Guinness

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Saw them nick someone else's phone about 75 yards in front of us too and the woman fell over, face first chasing after them.

THANKS SADIQ KHAN

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

That's what I was going for tbh. It's not broken, it's just twisted. She wants me to go A+E tomorrow and I'm "that person" who never goes to the GP unless it's hanging off and turning green..

So that's going to be an argument tomorrow. I really don't wanna be dragged to A+E for 8 hours.

Don't you guys have a minor injuries unit around or something? That's usually where I go for injuries that aren't life threatening.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care-services/when-to-visit-an-urgent-treatment-centre-walk-in-or-minor-injury-unit/

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

My glutes hurt so much that it's preventing me from sleeping

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Idk. Do different brands do better brushes or something? I just got mine from home bargains and it's lasted me 5 years so far

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Go and vomit on them.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

im waiting to be fed, like a zoo exhibit

Chicken Kyiv will be 20mins

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I've got to come down to Bristol in August and it's £105 for a return and I'm loving fuming. Like there's literally no justification for that kind of price lol

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

legit just checked flights from Liverpool to Bristol but that requires going up to Belfast to change lol. Still kind of tempting as it'll be better than the train change over at Birmingham New Street.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Nam Taf posted:

For August, you may well be checking too early. Anytime and off-peak tickets go on sale before advance fares. The Man touches on this. Also consider split tickets, they may save you some money for a slightly different (or sometimes not) route. Perhaps having a poke around a closer date on equivalent days will give you an idea if advance fares might save you?

That said, I still completely agree the rail prices are are beyond the pale.

I used to be a proponent of state-owned infrastructure serviced by competing providers (same as with ISPs, electricity, etc.) but I've come around to thinking that it may not work with rail and so far as I can divine, the difference is that the operators are competing over what amounts to a very lumpy and discrete schedule of capacity. 5 operators can't run the same train at the same time to compete, nor can they run just 5- or 10-seat trains in off-peak times to then use the rest during peak times. In the discrete to continuum spectrum, rail is way more lumpy in supply than data or electricity and so the whole concept of dynamic pricing provided by multiple competing operators is hamstrung.

e: clearly the solution is for the state to run the trains and the operators to compete on selling individual seats aboard those trains

Had a look at trains for next week and next month and they're all still £100+. I'm not gonna order the August tickets yet anyway, gotta save up some money that I was originally saving for driving lessons lol.

Oh well, it's gonna be worth it. I'm off to ArcTanGent!

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

ah, i see you've been reading the cass report

e: nvm misread

oh god LET'S NOT

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dysgenesis posted:

In all seriousness it's mainly the women who are ugly in the UK, kind of like an anti-Russia.

wow RUDE

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

i'm cute :c

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

loving hell mate

Anyway, I was feeling too ill to contribute to spoon chat.
As a big ol' sperg I am very fussy about my spoons and I will get proper upset if I'm using the wrong one.
Big spoon for savoury dishes, like I'll sometimes use a spoon for stodgy food like corned beef hash or some curries.
Big Spoon is also used for cereal.
Little spoon for all desserts unless it's a dry cake in which I'd prefer a cake fork but I don't actually own one BOOO, so I settle for little spoon.
Soup Spoon for Soup.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Oh no Roy is going to prison!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

#justiceforroycropper