Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Hello everyone, my name is Fargle and I know I don't usually post here but with kind permission of your IK I'm here to do a fundraiser message for the UK Goon Fund, which is normally run out of the UKPOL thread in D&D and the associated Discord.

I'm an elected trustee for the fund (In order to make sure everything is fair and above board we have a committee of five elected members who need to approve any payouts and then a treasurer who actually handles the money separate from us) and in recent months, because of the state of things in the UK generally, we've had a large uptick in our outgoings and unless something changes we're going to have to start turning people away soon.

This graph shows the status for the fund as of March 31st. I'm afraid we don't have one with April included yet:

We've paid out over 1k since March 1st and are currently sitting at a balance of approximately £600 with £165 of that due to be paid out over the next couple of days.

Everyone has been very generous in the past and I'm sorry that we need to ask for more. We've been able to make a tremendous difference for a lot of folks over the past 4 years that we've been operating and we'd very much like to be able to keep it up if you're able to offer any support. Details of how to contact us if you have any questions, need to ask for our help or would like donate, along with our public records are available in the quote below.

Maugrim posted:

If you are someone that is in need, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Captain Fargle, Chubby Henparty, Maugrim, or The DPRK.

Thank you for your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i would give money if i had any :smith:

If you need help you can always get in touch. Large requests are being considered on a very careful basis right now for obvious reasons but we're not ever going to poo poo on someone who just needs a hand for trying to find one.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Dysgenesis posted:

Also, we can't realistically be expected to give money to someone without knowing their monster munch flavour ranking and jacket potato filling(s) of choice.

Pickled Onion > everything else and grated cheese with paprika, cayenne pepper and a lot of butter.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Gasmask posted:

Can the person we dm for bank details post itt because I don’t know how to find someone to send them a PM

I've asked him to poke his head in here sometime when he's available.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

goatface posted:

Still mad, just while I was in there I was lacking access to all the worldly stuff I might need to actually get better and not being improved any by the environment.

There's only so many wild and upsetting conspiracy theories, conversations that constantly change topic mid-sentence, and people having complicated and harrowing psychotic breaks that I can take before my existential depression gland goes into unchecked overdrive.

Hi Goatface! I remember you DM'd a game I was in once waaaaay back in the Skype days!

Hope everything goes well for you and you're able to feel better soon. :)

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Just wanted to take a moment to make another post on behalf of the Fund and give a big, big thanks to everyone who's contributed! You all have been extremely generous and a wonderful help. Our current balance has gone back up to almost 2k over the past few days which, even if the current very high rates of payouts continues, should be enough to see us through for another couple of months.

I've also been asked to make a statement to remind everyone that we're here to help and you should in no way feel guilty about coming to us if you need it. Any payments we make are fully anonymised and your messages are handled with strictest confidence.

We'd also like to mention that while we haven't managed to get official UK Registered Charity status yet we are currently set up to be able to send and receive scheduled payments. If you'd like to contribute in smaller amounts regularly instead of one large burst like has happened in the past few days that is an option available and our treasurer will be happy to guide you through how. Similarly, if you anticipate a long term need for support we have the option available of monthly scheduled payments and we actually prefer this over handing out a large up-front sum as this makes our balance sheet more predictable.

Thank you so much from the entire team once again for you all your support!

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

staberind posted:

I'm delighted, I was out of order before, mainly due to being a bit edgy about getting ripped off, cos I know Goons are great at supporting each other, and being scammed in the past, also, honestly, idgaf about subforum "rivalry" thats just weird, we're all dead and gay here.
I could have put "Solidarity is great, come on in and make yourself at home", better instead of being so caustic.

All good. Don't worry about it. :)

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Hey folks. I'm doing to be doing little monthly status updates here about the state of the UK Fund.

Here's the nice little graph our treasurer put together for the month of April. Thankfully we're not in nearly as tight a situation as we were the last time I did this.

On that note, I'd like to take a moment to talk about what the fund does and how it's been providing for people who need help. In this case: myself. I am severely disabled. I am autistic. I've never been able to work or truly live independently without a carer and have been on disability benefits my entire adult life. I suffer from panic attacks, intense difficulty sleeping, chronic migraines and severe sensory processing issues as complications from that autism. In order to help manage this I have a set of powerful noise cancelling headphones as a disability aid that I wear whenever I'm outdoors. I'm only able to leave my house as often as I do and enjoy the quality of life I have (ie: Not being a total shut-in) because I have them. I've got the ones that I do because the fund helped me during lockdown when I was at a severe low point and struggling to replace my previous second hand pair that had finally worn out. (If a committee member like myself applies we're automatically recused from the voting and our treasurer steps in instead to vote in our place. This is also declared in the public record of activities to make sure everything stays fair and we can't just vote to give ourselves money or avoid scrutiny.)

Anyway.

Last month I was assaulted and mugged outside McDonald's. Several people who turned out to be joyriding in a stolen car shouted homophobic abuse at me before jumping out of it, knocking me down, breaking my glasses and stealing the headphones I've been talking about. This turned into a severe panic attack in the carpark as some other customers who'd seen it called the police and before it was even over, as I was still sending frantic messages asking for help, the other members of the fund immediately pulled together to place and vote through a request on my behalf. Before I'd even made it home or even stopped crying and could properly ask for assistance, they'd already ordered a replacement pair (Which I absolutely could not afford) and arranged for the fastest possible delivery.

I can't possibly tell you just how much it all means to me and it couldn't have happened if everyone hadn't been so incredibly kind and loving generous with their donations. Y'all have made such a massive, massive difference for me during one of the most difficult times of my life and I think I'm far from the only person who's come to us for help who feels that way, even if they might not want to talk about it publically.

Thank you. Sincerely. Thank you all for making it possible.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

I have some noise cancelling earbuds but I've stopped using them because unless they sit just right then I can't hear any sound at all through one or both of them. It's weird because I have other wired earphones that I can use just fine, but something about the shape or whatever of the jabras means they either close up or create a seal or something. Annoying, maybe I need my ears syringed. Or just to get a chunky pair of headphones but not sure I cba lugging those around on my trips.

Sorry that cunts were cunts to you, no-one deserves that poo poo. Did they get caught?

Nope.

Stolen car with false plates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Dysgenesis posted:

Bah I missed all the crazy posts.

In other news Ryan the duck is doing well.

I would like to see pictures of the duck.