Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I have a message. Lieutenant Colonel... Grant Shapp''s plane... was shot down... over the Baltic Sea. It spun in... There were no survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Update, March 2023 :siren:

I'm not sure I actually reported the results of last month's committee elections here in the thread, so just in case I didn't:

Please welcome new Solidarity Fund trustee Chubby Henparty! He made a great pitch and secured the most votes out of any of us, and we look forward to working with him this year.

Meanwhile we say a fond farewell to Tsietisin, who has done sterling work as a trustee over the last three years but just barely failed to make the cut in this year's vote.

Times are clearly hard for goons, as our funds have dropped steadily since the amazing response to our big call for donations six months ago. As available cash tightens we'll have to be more parsimonious in responding to less urgent requests, so that we can always ensure people undergoing severe crises will have access to help. As always, thank you so much to everyone who donates each month - we couldn't have lasted this long (four whole years now) without you.

Monthly stats time!

February Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts graph:

Quarterly version of the above:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Captain Fargle, Chubby Henparty, Maugrim, or The DPRK.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Please Putin harden your heart, shoot down Grant Schapps plane.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Give the goon fund some your money! Do it!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

How's getting registered as a charity going?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

From what I understand, one of their previous members was a bit of a failure with getting the application in correctly.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Angrymog posted:

How's getting registered as a charity going?

Early stages but it is moving again so watch this space :)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

keep punching joe posted:

Please Putin harden your heart, shoot down Grant Schapps plane.

more like WWII japan when the allies actively avoided killing the leadership because they were so incompetent

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

quote:

Prince William compliments Kate's 'arty' side

The Prince of Wales has visited a youth centre in London and taken part in activities, including a biscuit-decorating session where he quipped: "My wife's the arty one".

What is it with posh twats and decorating biscuits

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
They get too soggy in my experience.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Didn't know you had that many friends

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

There's a small circle of us.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

"My wife's the arty one, who arty in Heaven"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maugrim posted:

Times are clearly hard for goons, as our funds have dropped steadily since the amazing response to our big call for donations six months ago.

tbf I think some of us in here wouldn't have left you in the lurch if we'd been aware the funds were getting low - you've got to get your Democratic Party Email game up

Once a week you have to be in here like THIS IS URGENT!!! WE ARE BROKE!! PLEASE SEND JUST FIVE DOLLARYPOUNDS OR SOMEONE WILL DIE

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

If you can't figure out how to get yourselves on the registered charity list maybe you could try out for gove's extremists instead.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Donate £10 for a Gove's Extremists gangtag, £20 for an avatar (someone who can make this happen make this happen)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is it official government policy that you can say the N word as long as you pay the 10 million quid fee

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

obviously slurs against malaysians are much cheaper right now because they’re so unused , so say them while they last!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

What is it with posh twats and decorating biscuits

"I haven't iced this many biscuits since I was at Eton"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"I tell you, this is the first time I've enjoyed eating them!"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:stonklol:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jel Shaker posted:

is it official government policy that you can say the N word as long as you pay the 10 million quid fee

not sure you need the 10 million quid fee part

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

money - - > mouth

:20bux: paid, gove me right up

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

These two clips are worth watching
https://twitter.com/NewhamIndParty/status/1768387038250709264
https://twitter.com/hacksupreme/status/1768396405247275016

The show of hands in the 2nd video is pure :allears:

e: :five:
Want, because I am.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 15, 2024

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The gift that keeps on giving

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Microplastics posted:

The gift that keeps on giving

I hope they don't get done under some sort of rule about rubbish in a bin belonging to the council or something like that?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Can't imagine the Glasgae council would risk the PR disaster tbh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lmao brutal

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1768396830620975577
https://twitter.com/Zero_4/status/1768374954586697830
https://twitter.com/NewhamIndParty/status/1768386484443197518

The Tories were allowed to be slaughtered on BBCQT tonight. Of course it's all stage managed, and it's to pave an easier path for Keith to step in to the role of middle management... but it's refreshing to see.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My favourite part of these BBCQT clips is someone saying something as uncontroversial as "murdering black women is bad" and then watching the audience during the applause to see the white people steadfast in refusing to clap.

There's always a particular demographic that refuses to clap for a statement but this is one of those cut and dry situations where Hester was cartoonishly racist and these dog fuckers still can't even pretend to decry him.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I hope they don't get done under some sort of rule about rubbish in a bin belonging to the council or something like that?

*Glasgow council puts on a purple hat*

You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

.... and ends with the councillors being ejected through the roof in a glass lift.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The great glass elevator flies out of the factory roof and onto the street outside.

Glaswegian Wullie Wonka: Right! Nae oval office leaves til we find out who did that !

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Sorry to trouble you all, but I could use the help of those of you in England.

My uncle died last year in Manchester. I live in Vancouver, Canada with my mum. We finally got approval from the solicitor (long story) to bring the family violin over, which is over 100 years old.

Does anyone know of a reputable instrument shipping company we can use from England to Canada? We can’t get over there at the moment ourselves.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

ChickenDoodle posted:

My uncle died last year in Manchester. I live in Vancouver, Canada with my mum. We finally got approval from the solicitor (long story) to bring the family violin over, which is over 100 years old.

Does anyone know of a reputable instrument shipping company we can use from England to Canada? We can’t get over there at the moment ourselves.

I'd suggest using an antique or arts courier company like this one. https://www.iscafineart.co.uk/fine-art-shipping

To be clear, I haven't researched this company specifically, but I guess you'll just want to make sure whoever you use has airtight guarantees, are insured to the hilt etc etc.

Speaking of insurance, if you now own the violin you should try to get it insured ASAP, then speak the insurer about what you need to do, and to get their advice as well.

I'm kind of operating under the assumption that this violin has a lot of financial value rather than just sentimental ; if that's not the case then the expense of the above may not be justified, although I think it's gonna cost you a bomb no matter how you do it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

ChickenDoodle posted:

Is it too simple to just buy a return ticket for a friend to do a round trip and come back with the instrument as unchecked cabin luggage? I wouldn't trust a shipping company with it.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

depending on the value, cabin luggage might not be insured that high. I'm also not sure that the dimensions fit the normal dimensions for that.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

My suggestion would be to contact antique and fine art auction houses and ask who they use for shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Chubby Henparty posted:

money - - > mouth

:20bux: paid, gove me right up

Please please please