Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

The stand-up comedian?

ComediANT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Create-A-Wrestler jr. then I get a hockey gimmick as "Something Awful".

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

what kinda ant, we have 17 already and im habing hard time figuring out ant matches

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

ant-hony fan-tano
im an ant but all i do is watch the show in the stands and judge the entrance themes.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I'm the Alien Ant Farmer

Am I an alien with an ant farm?

Am I an ant from space who is also a farmer?

Am I a farmer who harvests alien ants?

YOU decide!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sandman from ECW posted:

I'm the Alien Ant Farmer

Am I an alien with an ant farm?

Am I an ant from space who is also a farmer?

Am I a farmer who harvests alien ants?

YOU decide!

And is Annie okay?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

all right boys who wants to be Glacier the Third?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm good alternate universe Mike Quackenbush. I support my fellow wrestlers, prioritize their health over kayfabe, don't sleep with trainees and don't call out individual workers on company-wide notifications.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm good alternate universe Mike Quackenbush. I support my fellow wrestlers, prioritize their health over kayfabe, don't sleep with trainees and don't call out individual workers on company-wide notifications.

Unfortunately you also made it to a big company, got hurt, and retired quietly to the suburbs to get a civilian job and did not have a social media presence

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ChrisBTY posted:

Loved that video you did where you're fake laughing for ten minutes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I’m New England Slam Chowder

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

I’m New England Slam Chowder

are you a giant clam or a giant can

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Outback Liam. My specialty is the Australian Hardcore match: no rules, just right.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotinaj posted:

are you a giant clam or a giant can

Yea

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Bob From Accounting, a CPA who became so infuriated by his clients that he took up wrestling to get back at them. Barely lampshaded ripoff of IRS, currently feuding with Good Mike Quackenbush over his refusal to cut benefits for the workers to save the company's bottom line.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Liquid Communism posted:

Bob From Accounting, a CPA who became so infuriated by his clients that he took up wrestling to get back at them. Barely lampshaded ripoff of IRS, currently feuding with Good Mike Quackenbush over his refusal to cut benefits for the workers to save the company's bottom line.

This you?

https://youtu.be/uamlVkKBHt8?feature=shared

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"Muddy Bottom" Sal Swampy, my manager is an actual live alligator that is very poorly trained. The entire locker room is sick of my poo poo.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Liquid Communism posted:

Ok look Good Mike Quackenbush might be good but I'm still an indie wrestling company promoter. No way can I afford benefits to begin with.
It's more likely that my payoffs are so high I accidentally kill the company.

rotinaj posted:

Unfortunately you also made it to a big company, got hurt, and retired quietly to the suburbs to get a civilian job and did not have a social media presence

No no that's Bizzaro Mike Quackenbush.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 31, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh, it’s nice to hear he got more work after Sealab

https://youtu.be/JvW-ZGNjBYc

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I won tickets to Tomorrow Never Dies in 2014 from some random Philly entertainment blog. The contest was to create your own Chikara gimmick. Mine was Wikipedia Man who had the Wikipedia globe as his mask. He never wrestled and would just interrupt interviews with “but, actually…” or when someone asked an open ended question. Finally after months of this someone asks him who he is, and he removes his mask to reveal a Vince McMahon mask while yelling “It was me Austin! It was me ALL ALONG!”

Some Chikara fan got really annoyed that I won with a Vince joke, since he had written a whole 3 paragraph convoluted back story for his character.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"Muddy Bottom" Sal Swampy, my manager is an actual live alligator that is very poorly trained. The entire locker room is sick of my poo poo.

with that gimmick you will always have a place in my card

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

syzpid posted:

I won tickets to Tomorrow Never Dies in 2014 from some random Philly entertainment blog. The contest was to create your own Chikara gimmick. Mine was Wikipedia Man who had the Wikipedia globe as his mask. He never wrestled and would just interrupt interviews with “but, actually…” or when someone asked an open ended question. Finally after months of this someone asks him who he is, and he removes his mask to reveal a Vince McMahon mask while yelling “It was me Austin! It was me ALL ALONG!”

Some Chikara fan got really annoyed that I won with a Vince joke, since he had written a whole 3 paragraph convoluted back story for his character.

And that fan's name? Mike Quackenbush

My name is Brad Fry, and my Chikara gimmick is I play in a cool obnoxious hardcore/noise rock band I'm not allowed to say the name of in Chikara because it's too naughty. Unfortunately I am too successful in my day job as a masked salaryman and retire from wrestling after just a couple of years.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A mixture of streak-Goldberg and the Brazilian "football player" Carlos Kaiser.

My gimmick is that I never lose, but I achieve this by finding ways to get myself out of wrestling by faking injuries, getting suspended (with pay) right before the match, or start a fight with members of the audience and get sent home before the match starts, etc. You can't lose if you don't wrestle. *picture of guy tapping the side of his head with a sly grin on his face* I stay employed with Chikara by convincing everyone I'm a hot property through "phone calls" with "Tony" or "Hunter" or "Dwayne" or "the Anthem Owl," and obviously and poorly photoshopped photos of me having meetings with people like that.

When I am finally forced to wrestle, I keep finding ways to have every match end in a no contest, or a double DQ or a double count-out, so something like that. I didn't win, yes, but I didn't lose and my gimmick is that I never lose.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 1, 2024

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Big Farmer Frank, I'm only shown in video packages doing mundane farm chores in full gear. Live crowds don't even know I exist because the packages aren't played at shows.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the gator ate my fuckin dog i think "sick of your poo poo" is an understatement

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

syzpid posted:

Hey man I worked really hard on those 3 paragraphs

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
"soft boy" shawn bobert, i'm really scared of violence and as soon as my opponent puts me in a wristlock i begin excessively screaming in pain and going "why? why?" like i'm nancy kerrigan and it makes everyone uncomfortable until the match is called off or they let me win

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ChrisBTY posted:

Ok look Good Mike Quackenbush might be good but I'm still an indie wrestling company promoter. No way can I afford benefits to begin with.
It's more likely that my payoffs are so high I accidentally kill the company.

I see an all-Quack trios team...

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Im the San Francisco Slam Chowder and I get a bigger pop cause I come out with a turtle shaped sour dough bread bowl as pants

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dial Up Dan Harper, my entrance is just me walking to the ring covered in obsolete internet equipment while I scream modem noises. Children are terrified of me and old people hate me. I am inexplicably booked as a face.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Kyle 2. I claim to be a clone of the original Kyle(who was never mentioned before now), who was defeated in an empty arena match by Ultramantis Black and whisked away to an undisclosed location, and I am there to have my revenge. I also print bootleg merch and sell it after the shows.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Krab Maga, the crustacean grappler who can't figure out why people think he's a Trump supporter.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Bob the Human. He is absolutely, 100% not from space.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
Jimbo Jett. A lightweight in a fat suit that does hurricanranas and high flying moves, yet everyone acts like he’s really 500 pounds and can’t lift him. Finisher is a 450 splash that everyone sells like death.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

stealing everybody’s trashbag pants to encourage recycling

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Spirit Halloween, it's like the Halloween gimmick, but every week I show up as a cheap knockoff of somebody else and need to be addressed as somebody else.

Fire Ant is a plastic hockey mask and I ask the crowd to call me "Red Insect Wrestler"

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m “The 1 Man Boy Band” Jay Woodriver and I’m here to break ALL of your hearts

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

And that fan's name? Mike Quackenbush

My name is Brad Fry, and my Chikara gimmick is I play in a cool obnoxious hardcore/noise rock band I'm not allowed to say the name of in Chikara because it's too naughty. Unfortunately I am too successful in my day job as a masked salaryman and retire from wrestling after just a couple of years.
I get this and enjoy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

clave hample jr.