Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I tried this not too long ago out of curiosity and it's just normal coffee except they use robusta beans which have more caffeine but more bitterness which is why it tastes like burnt garbage. The whole Death Wish skull and crossbones thing is just lame marketing for rubes. I'm gonna slap a machine gun on some green tea and call it Kill Shot and market to BJJ bros and make a fortune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Joe Rogan will be sipping my tea whie interviewing Kid Rock "This is good poo poo. It's the Insurrectionist Blend." I'll make a fortune

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

WARNING: M.D.K. - Murder Death Kill - is not normal Earl Grey. It contains HOMICIDAL LEVELS OF CAFFEINE. DRINKING WILL MAKE YOU EXTREME.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just shove a little shard of tina up my pee hole every morning to get my day started much better for you than all that caffeine

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Joe Rogan will be sipping my tea whie interviewing Kid Rock "This is good poo poo. It's the Insurrectionist Blend." I'll make a fortune

Even lefties market to this demographic. check out the young turks TOO STRONG COFFEE! I dunno what the demo name is but I'd imagine its millenial adolescents frozen in time.

E:

Also

Smugworth posted:

Plenty of real cops enjoy a good skull motif too

Imagine being in a car that you shout out of a bullhorn from, has flashing lights and a blaring siren and think, hmmm I wish I could be more obnoxious and tell people what a piece of poo poo I am too.

wit fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 25, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dial A For Awesome posted:

They should extend this naming style to other products. I’m sure wannabe soldiers would buy “Tip of the spear moist towelettes” and “Shock/awe gravy”.
It's not quite as extreme but the brand "dude wipes" already exists out of the need to make personal hygiene products seem more masculine to appeal to insecure men

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mulaney Power Move posted:

WARNING: M.D.K. - Murder Death Kill - is not normal Earl Grey. It contains HOMICIDAL LEVELS OF CAFFEINE. DRINKING WILL MAKE YOU EXTREME.

no endorsement from Nick loving Gage, no sale :colbert:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Instead of pursuing degenerate coffee blends, I just drink slightly more of my regular coffee when I want extra caffeine. Keep it simple, OP

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

mystes posted:

It's not quite as extreme but the brand "dude wipes" already exists out of the need to make personal hygiene products seem more masculine to appeal to insecure men

lol dude wipes and they also got artisanal soaps marketed to bros and shaving creams with a sasquatch on the lable marketed for shaving your balls

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cactus Loofa

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Smugworth posted:

ur not allowed actually

And I would have gotten away with it too.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Instead of pursuing degenerate coffee blends, I just drink slightly more of my regular coffee when I want extra caffeine. Keep it simple, OP

wow just wow

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

men need to be constantly reassured that their foodstuffs are sufficiently deadly and or manly. basically a foolproof market niche

edit: i'm honestly amazed that nobody has made a lucky-charms style cereal with little guns, erect penises, rambo knives, lifted trucks etc.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They don't sell a light roast. Light roasts contain the most caffeine. If their whole thing is being "hardcore death coffee" then they should sell a lighter roast.

They also sell flavoured blends which are clearly for children or adults who can't appreciate a coffee without it tasting like Costco pumpkin pie.

Yeah, sorry I'm way too much of a coffee elitist to gently caress with this.

American "coffee culture" is trash.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

emSparkly posted:

I keep confusing it with “Liquid Death” which is literally just loving spring water.

Oh, I assume that's made by Nestle then.

Also I just like good tasting coffee. I don't think I've ever been like "inject me with the most caffeine" and if I was and that was the primary goal wouldn't like an energy drink work better?

I just want my coffee to be nice and tasty. I like nice tasting coffee.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Honestly I can't get over how American coffee marketing has always touted its products as BOLD, ROBUST, DARK, AND STRONG and its always just the most over-roasted, over-brewed, single-dimension swill ever. Anything that you need to add a 1/4 of half and half and a spoonful of sugar to make taste good shouldn't exist.

I feel if you tried to market a really good single-origin light roast with words like "fruity, floral, complex, exotic, spiced", you'd be laughed out of town for selling gay coffee.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
What if you don't die though

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
The coffee doesnt want me today

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Harald posted:

Breaking into a coca-cola bottling plant and absconding with barrels of purified caffeine.

i hear if you dehydrate it and put it on your gums it makes you talk for hours and your dick gets limp

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

emSparkly posted:

I keep confusing it with “Liquid Death” which is literally just loving spring water.

Liquid Death has made it over to UK supermarkets now, it looks loving stupid on the shelves next to all the other bottled water brands, whose packaging all feature pictures of mountains and nature and stuff

Also it's £5 for 4x500ml cans

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
give me the silly gay coffee

I demand the silly gay coffee

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I moved past coffee and on to caffeine tablets a long time ago, OP.

I've gotten really good at staying under 1000mg per day, although lately I've probably gotten up to 700 or 800mg a few days.

I start my day with between 100 and 200mg of modafinil and 400mg of caffeine. The modafinil varies by how much sleep I've had and how fast I have to get up to full operating awareness, but the 400mg of caffeine is regular. I might try to reduce it further, but I've already reduced my intake by more than half compared to what I used to do.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I looked into caffeine pills one time, decided against it. Likely would wreck my gut. Is there any brand that is particularly reputable tho?

Amazon's OTC thing I think had some particularly amusing reviews, 1/2 were "works great!", 1/4 were "is this a placebo? what is in this poo poo? what is even going on?", 1/4 were "took one and I didn't sleep or stop licking my teeth for three days" no thank uuuu

Im sure a lot of it was people unaware that tolerance is a thing, but it was not heartening to read lol

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
black coffee? more like 'urban coffee'

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
oi, i wish i was dead

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

Plenty of real cops enjoy a good skull motif too

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Right wing coffee discourse is weird because they think flavored syrups and poo poo are elitist when in fact it's the most normie poo poo ever. Meanwhile all the real snobs are drinking it black.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im really curious about "right wing coffee discourse".

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
society was a lot better when everyone was on cocaine

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Don't talk to me before I've had my cocaine

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
no pcp, no workee

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i had a triple shot of espresso the other day and i felt like i was gonna die

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i use preworkout and have like 4-7 cups of coffee a day so my baseline caffeine intake is usually in the 6-700 mg range

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i want an anti energy drink, like a cannabis infused chamomile tea.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
there's def a market for that

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

"slow your roll"

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

hell yeah thats what im talking about

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

EXTREME https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0OY9680sNk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I usually get my coffee from one of the several sad cholo goth clown coffee shops in my area. That or I just drink the caffeinated poo poo water Seattle’s best they provide at work. I don’t like a coffee brands that seems to suggest I will have a heart attack after drinking it.