Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I guess they must be getting grifted because this stuff never works in court and there are numerous examples yet they still try it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Vampire Panties posted:

Is four star like a rating? also do these people get paid commission on the licenses or something? I can't imagine anyone driving up to a US military base and demanding to be let on to issue tickets

As in it was where all the 4 star generals in the army worked, who made some pretty important phone calls they wouldn't like being listened to. The TV people are like a quasi-legal entity so don't get paid on commission, but they would still need a court warrant to be able to enter any property without permission. Where a police officer could walk past a window and see a person inside committing a serious crime and use that as a grounds for legal entry, The TV license authority couldn't see you watching TV and demand you open the door and speak to them.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Visions of Valerie posted:

I hadn't realized this poo poo extended outside the US. gently caress

There's a 2012 Canadian sovcit case where the judge wrote a decision so great that US courts sometimes cite it when dealing w/ sovcits. And it's pretty drat funny, as far as official court documents go

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

e: whoops, only linked to a summary, not the decision. Fixed

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 3, 2024

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

deported to Canada posted:

As in it was where all the 4 star generals in the army worked, who made some pretty important phone calls they wouldn't like being listened to. The TV people are like a quasi-legal entity so don't get paid on commission, but they would still need a court warrant to be able to enter any property without permission. Where a police officer could walk past a window and see a person inside committing a serious crime and use that as a grounds for legal entry, The TV license authority couldn't see you watching TV and demand you open the door and speak to them.

The TV license is the second dumbest institution in Britain besides the monarchy

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This dumbass participated in Trump's coup and tried to defend himself in court with sovereign citizen poo poo.

https://apnews.com/article/taylor-johnatakis-capitol-riot-sentencing-f97acd68b8860d36b212e408ac80abd4

Now he'll see exactly what power the government holds over him while in prison for the next 7 years.

Get hosed, traitor.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Lmao at 'coup' That's as much magically thinking as that dumbass you linked.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
A coordinated violent attempt at thwarting a legitimately elected government from taking power after a free and fair election isn't a coup?

Eat poo poo.

Edit: here's the Meriam Webster definition.

"a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics and especially the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group."

So I guess "attempted coup" would be more accurate.

deoju fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 4, 2024

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

deported to Canada posted:

If a TV inspector knocked on my door and demanded to inspect my house for an illegal TV I think I might die of laughter.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Poohs Packin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV7JYnHMydE - This guy "Fedsmoker" got famous from Your Mom's House with Tom Segura

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7p_l_JX40Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8GtDhhLQQI

He's not exactly a SovCit but just likes talking crazy trash to police and being a general psycho. He's had like 4000 youtube channels over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgasnv8P40U

Just wanna point out that we skipped over this fella, I must see more of his travels

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

deoju posted:

A coordinated violent attempt at thwarting a legitimately elected government from taking power after a free and fair election isn't a coup?

Eat poo poo.

Edit: here's the Meriam Webster definition.

"a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics and especially the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group."

So I guess "attempted coup" would be more accurate.

Sorry. I don't think a disorganized riot, no matter where it took place, is. And how it ended in an unplanned tour of the Capitol shows they were never going to be able to cast a spell and end the American Experiment. IE: how that women got a second mouth in her neck when she got too close to where the important people where.

Still this is derailing from laughing at Sovcits so feel free to have the last word in this convo if you must.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

lol look at this guy

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Yadoppsi posted:

Sorry. I don't think a disorganized riot, no matter where it took place, is. And how it ended in an unplanned tour of the Capitol shows they were never going to be able to cast a spell and end the American Experiment. IE: how that women got a second mouth in her neck when she got too close to where the important people where.

Still this is derailing from laughing at Sovcits so feel free to have the last word in this convo if you must.

lol

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

DickParasite posted:

If a TV inspector knocked on my door and demanded to inspect my house for an illegal TV I think I might die of laughter.

You have to eat the television.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
stop falling for such an obvious troll and read the username backwards

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

stop falling for such an obvious troll and read the username backwards

Kynzyzs?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Yadoppsi posted:

Lol shut up

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

let them cook

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Yadoppsi posted:

did you keep anything from nancy's desk?

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

I'll trade: more time at the grill if someone will explain what Funky See Funky Do's pareidolia saw in "isppodaY"

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Yadoppsi posted:

I'll trade: more time at the grill if someone will explain what Funky See Funky Do's pareidolia saw in "isppodaY"

Mazel Tov

e: This is your post?

Yadoppsi posted:

Uhhhhhhhhh, this is a very stupid position to take.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 4, 2024

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Unplanned tour, fake electors, refusal to certify. Very confusing stuff. Crazy coincidences.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Judge, if you ignore the speeding and intoxication I believe we will both agree I was arrested for simply traveling the land and this is an attack on my rights as a citizen

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Yadoppsi posted:

Being bad at crimes doesn't mean the crimes didn't happen. LOL

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Yadoppsi posted:

psi op day maybe

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
ok the ronnie dobbs catchline brought me in so I'll share my experience of 'where this came from'

the first time i was introduced was through a canadian weeed forum (oG) around 2005ish

it was like a 30 minute video (that took 2 hours to download cause streaming like that wasn't around at that point yet, so you had to be more invested in the bandwidth and time you just spent) of a canadian dude smoking a blunt in a park and getting let off the hook by filibustering some park cop who was mostly responding to complaints about the smell. Canada blunt man kept repeating about how he was a free man on the land and had a mostly civil conversation with the rookie cop challenging him the whole time while he finished his blunt. If you lived in the US and were watching this it was a mindblower cause the cops were not pulling guns and restraining and being aggro. I remember being ready to have my mind blown, and although the blunt guy didn't leave in handcuffs, it was immediately apparent to me who the minority cool and good people were in the forum cause they called it out for the bullshit it was and begged people not to try this bullshit and just lay low. From what i remember there were a few more posts but it died out of that culture pretty quickly, and i'm sure the people that were vouching for it were also posting 911 truth poo poo (when it was still mostly pretty innocent hyperbole)

seriously if you havent seen "run ronnie run" yet just do it

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

feller posted:

psi op day maybe

Omigosh thanks! I was racking my brain trying to make a pun appear in the reversed letters. I never considered the syllables were the semiotic unit.

tango alpha delta posted:

Mazel Tov
Uhhhhhhhhh, this is a very stupid position to take.

My position is simple enough. There was no way the events of June 6th could have led to Trump remaining president. If those young women bravely carrying the Ballot Box away were waylaid in the ballots burned, it wouldnt change the vote. If the rioters had captured Mike Pence to prevent him from certifying the vote it would only delay the ritual and not the facts of power transfer. If after Babbitt was shot instead of scattering like spooked horses those nearby had rushed the room and took hostage whoever was in there alot more blood would be shed, but the hostage takers wouldnt get their orange daddy re-elected.

The coercive arms of the state apparatus were not mobilized (police, military, intelligence agencies) and the owners of the means of production did not want a disruption to the very favorable order of things.

Could you explain how Jan 6 would have lead to a successful Trump autogolpe works in your mind. A=>B=>C?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Woolie Wool posted:

The TV license is the second dumbest institution in Britain besides the monarchy
Oh you're so wrong. Do you work at a place where people play the radio? You need a special license for that. Why? Well because music makes employees work harder or something. This was an actual legal argument that the UK court accepted.

UK Gov posted:

Get a licence to play live or recorded music
You usually need to get a licence if you:

play recorded music in public or at your business (including background music on a CD, radio or music channel)
Roughly ten years ago these vampires started calling where I work. At first I thought it was some weird scam so I just told them to gently caress off over and over and hung up on them.

Then they started sending letters to us which I tossed. Finally the owner heard about it because they were contacting everyone on the Industrial park about it. I think everyone else ignored it but the owner here is a real by the books kind of guy and actually paid it. They continued to harass us with phone calls and letters for about six months before they finally stopped (yes six months after we paid their stupid fee). And it renews every year.

Because the guys in the back room listen to the radio while they're working.

Edit: oh I should add the only reason the harassment stopped was because we went to a website to register we had bought the license and leave us alone. You had to opt out of getting constantly called even after you paid them.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 5, 2024

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Yadoppsi posted:

My is simple

lol :allears:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Hello Sailor posted:

There's a 2012 Canadian sovcit case where the judge wrote a decision so great that US courts sometimes cite it when dealing w/ sovcits. And it's pretty drat funny, as far as official court documents go

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

e: whoops, only linked to a summary, not the decision. Fixed

Thank you for this, its an absolute banger of insanity

some insane canadian sovcit posted:

[304] Sometimes a ‘magic hat’ is accompanied by a theoretical context to explain the operation of the ‘magic hat’. Mr. Meads, for example, explained his immunity to state and court action via his choice to be subject to “God’s law”, the “Maximus of Law”, which applies to him as he is a “living flesh and blood sentient-man”.

:discourse:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

feller posted:

psi op day maybe

what the hell is a psi op?

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Using my telepathy to complete the mission.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Darkhold posted:

Oh you're so wrong. Do you work at a place where people play the radio? You need a special license for that. Why? Well because music makes employees work harder or something. This was an actual legal argument that the UK court accepted.

Roughly ten years ago these vampires started calling where I work. At first I thought it was some weird scam so I just told them to gently caress off over and over and hung up on them.

Then they started sending letters to us which I tossed. Finally the owner heard about it because they were contacting everyone on the Industrial park about it. I think everyone else ignored it but the owner here is a real by the books kind of guy and actually paid it. They continued to harass us with phone calls and letters for about six months before they finally stopped (yes six months after we paid their stupid fee). And it renews every year.

Because the guys in the back room listen to the radio while they're working.

Edit: oh I should add the only reason the harassment stopped was because we went to a website to register we had bought the license and leave us alone. You had to opt out of getting constantly called even after you paid them.

Isn't the rationale also something to do with the playing of licensed music in businesses? It's incredibly stupid and impractical to enforce.

Edit: yeah, it's beyond loving stupid:

https://pplprs.co.uk/themusiclicence/sectors/offices-workplaces/

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 5, 2024

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Yadoppsi posted:

My position is simple enough. There was no way the events of June 6th could have led to Trump remaining president....

Could you explain how Jan 6 would have lead to a successful Trump autogolpe works in your mind. A=>B=>C?
The original question was whether or not my use of the word 'coup' was an appropriate choice to describe that day. (I should have said "attempted coup" I guess.) Here's the dictionary definition again.

quote:

You are moving the goal posts asking for explanation of their strategy. Just because you think the effort never would have worked doesn't mean it didn't happen.

https://youtu.be/AQQPNQ0PFSc?si=-K2Z1J9t_vWs9oHC

deoju fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 5, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's not a "Coup" unless you declare it. That's the Natural Law!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
This thread is rapidly becoming Poup, I'll tell you that much.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
You fools, posting your opinions on an internet web page gives them ownership! Now you have to get all new opinions you dolts!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I am Vampire Panties Freeman-on-the-land, traveling legally through these forums

ORIGINAL CONTENT DO NOT STEAL

feller
Jul 5, 2006

listen I didn’t make the username

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Please post more sovcits getting owned please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hqCjtBlOg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Yadoppsi posted:

Omigosh thanks! I was racking my brain trying to make a pun appear in the reversed letters. I never considered the syllables were the semiotic unit.

My position is simple enough. There was no way the events of June 6th could have led to Trump remaining president. If those young women bravely carrying the Ballot Box away were waylaid in the ballots burned, it wouldnt change the vote. If the rioters had captured Mike Pence to prevent him from certifying the vote it would only delay the ritual and not the facts of power transfer. If after Babbitt was shot instead of scattering like spooked horses those nearby had rushed the room and took hostage whoever was in there alot more blood would be shed, but the hostage takers wouldnt get their orange daddy re-elected.

The coercive arms of the state apparatus were not mobilized (police, military, intelligence agencies) and the owners of the means of production did not want a disruption to the very favorable order of things.