Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its spelled constantinople

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

Zedhe Khoja posted:

when im not eating gruel my preferred way of eating simit (closest thing to a bagel i can get at a turkish breakfast) is with kaymak and honey or a bergamot jam

s'good

Ohtori Akio posted:

do turks just butter everything
if anyone is wondering how we got here

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
dont forget the horrifying gruel he posted

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

years ago i worked for a turkish dude who was super cool and he remains my favorite manager if such a thing exists

however he was openly gay and had to leave turkey because of how homophobic everyone and the state is there

many sides

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the best turkish food i ever had was in san juan puerto rico and i've been to istanbul

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
theres a nice turkish spot by an old job id go to a lot. however the plain truth is, turkish coffee is pure aids

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

istanbullshit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

istancuck

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i just wanted my gah dang ice cream

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Turkish coffee loving sucks

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

finally we are in agreement

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

i am reliably informed by hipsters that drinking gravel actually owns

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
(sucking on some river silt out of a little copper cup) i've always been adventurous

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
the place birthed Enes Kanter

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

oh arent i sooo cool i change up my vowels so that everything rhymes, that's the sign of a serious language and totally not just a language made up to trick children

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
what if we forgot to dot the i's lmfao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ohtori Akio posted:

what if we forgot to dot the i's lmfao

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i like turks

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
the most mockable thing about the turkish language is their excessive amount of loanwords, even for things they clearly had prior native words for. they then spell it in the most aggressively phonetic fonetik way possible so that it looks like a loving ork wrote it

brb I'm gonna go get my hair done at the kuafor

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
That's good, to me. Orks rule, the English and their benighted language with its bizarre pronunciation systems drool

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

ataturk wasn't that great

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sorry but alperen sengun ftw

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

turkish coffee is good, it just has to be prepared properly and you have to let it sit for a few minutes for the grounds to turn into sludge at the bottom of your cup, and then you aren't supposed to drink the sludge. it's so simple you can make it over a campfire, which checks out because it's also probably the oldest coffee prep method

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This guy rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd28Zq8y25g

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Zedhe Khoja posted:

the most mockable thing about the turkish language is their excessive amount of loanwords

that's mockable?

Nuclear Pizza
Feb 25, 2006
Talaat pasha wasnt very nice :(

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
oil wrestling

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

This post is Byzantion erasure

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
slava armeni

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

my feelings on the Turkish people are neutral-to-positive, op

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023
i always found bald bull to be the most frustrating boxer to beat on the wii's punch out, especially the title defense rematch

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Vox Nihili posted:

Yup.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

aw frig aw dang it posted:

my feelings on the Turkish people are neutral-to-positive, op

You have made an enemy of the Caucusoid races for life

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

oh arent i sooo cool i change up my vowels so that everything rhymes, that's the sign of a serious language and totally not just a language made up to trick children

swedish rear end language

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

turkish is a silly muppet sounding language but in a good way

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Cuttlefush posted:

that's mockable?
its not a result of being colonized or under foreign subjugation, or even a natural influence, it's an entirely deliberate and self-inflicted phenomena because they're desperate to suck up to the eurotrash and the amerikkkans

"I love to listen to akustik müzik when I read about astroloji. Gonna go watch the boksor maç, hope they don't have to put to many bandaj on. The ofis is so bürokratik."

o çok şık kültür

also they intentionally made their own historical music tradition go extinct because the nazi's said it was "like jazz"

a silly unserious culture.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

jive-rear end turkeys

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Hatebag posted:

turkish coffee is good, it just has to be prepared properly and you have to let it sit for a few minutes for the grounds to turn into sludge at the bottom of your cup, and then you aren't supposed to drink the sludge. it's so simple you can make it over a campfire, which checks out because it's also probably the oldest coffee prep method

i simply dont put the dirt in my cup at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

i simply dont put the dirt in my cup at all

there's also arabic coffee which is pretty much the same thing but they chuck a bunch of cardamom, cloves, and whatever other sticks they have around in there.