Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
So I work for a hospital primarily and then also do "IT Work" for a small clinic near the hospital off hours. "IT Work" meaning making sure their servers are updated and replaced, keeping their network up to date and somewhat secure, etc.

However I've got a request now that is out of my wheelhouse and I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly, if it can even be done. The request is one of our scheduling teams wants access to the clinic's Allscripts systems to check on referrals and whatnot. The allscripts instance is hosted in-house and there's no direct external connection to the server or clients.

The clinic is behind a Fortinet FGT-60F. The client they're looking for is housed on a windows virtual desktop via a link. What the physicians currently do to access this remotely is to log into the VPN, RDP to the VM desktop via IP, and open the client that way.

I spoke to my NetSec super, and he suggested for our needs to have an SSL connection that they can open via a link on one of our desktop pools that would connect and open the client automatically. I've dug around in the firewall and see the settings, but I want to ensure that when they connect, they get to the specific desktop and not another one. It also looks like we'll need a certificate, of which we don't have, so I'm not sure if a self-signed certificate will work for this or if we're going to have to buy a trusted Cert and install.

I'm probably missing vital information to get this to work correctly, help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: wrong forum

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU