Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ran into some figures and displays in a Tokyo mall, the very excited looping commercial trying to hype me up yo play terminids of all factions made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m a Tau, look at me, I love diplomacy, here I go, being empathetic toward other life.

*RETCON*

We are all mind controlled by evil leaders.

The worst tau retcon is they no longer invented their own weapons so they are a faction without any non mechanical identity

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

They walked that back. But it’s still canon that they fought against mind control worms but made peace and now some Ethereals are frequently seen with mind control worm advisors

What? Tau lore never shuts up about the latest innovation from Earth Caste scientists.

Apparently the latest thing is the League of Votann (new space dwarves) provided them their tech

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Tau were funniest when they were a parody of NATO and now they're an outlet for people who wanna get hoof jobs.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Honestly if the Tau started getting units with a PDO Name and then a generalized name if you used a different sprue attachment and tournament Judges will hold you and your opponent responsible for using the names correctly I'll forgive GW for loving up this faction.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elukka posted:

Like, all tech? I haven't seen anything about that, do you mean the old bit they may have remembered where the Demiurg (now Votann) sold them ion cannon technology, which was a sneaky Homeworld reference?

I thought it was something more recent, but I dont get my lore fresh from the source so it could be wrong.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

Space elves and dark elves are the most boring faction. They're fundamentally static - the Space Elves are like "oh no we blew up the universe will all our loving, now we're sad" and the space dark elves are hot topic drow. Rogue Traders do pirates better than Corsairs

Exodites are vaguely interesting but AFAIK there is zero fiction about them, and Gee-Dub is too cowardly to release elves riding dinosaurs in space

New elf and dark elf lore is making a god of death to kill Slaneesh and experience the ultimate thrill, dying with your bank account at 0 so your heirs get nothing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

I remember knowing nothing about warhammer or warhammer 40k and then playing Dawn of War for the first time and being like "whoa this is a pretty badass game, it's got asymmetric sides like starcraft but it's 4 races instead of 3 this is amazing!" I was much happier then, I wish I could go back to only knowing Dawn of War

Not even with the expansion packs? I know the necrons were unbalanced as gently caress but come on, the imperial guard were fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Well that is just dumb. Gotta protect those good boobies

They are, those bad girls are lifted and separated.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Say what you want about Fabius Bile and his lab coat made of human skin, he's at least gender affirming.

With the power of chaos you can affirm all genders at once

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Bible posted:

I am constantly accused of being gay for running a Sororitas army and I don't get it.

Wouldn't I just be running Harlequins? Sisters aren't fabulous at all.

Well, except one.

Sorry, running anything except the super humans modeled by Tomulus von Finn'lahnd is gay

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Someone post the space marine tango(?) dancing art.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thank you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Benagain posted:

While the custodes gene-craft could easily alter women, not even at humanity's peak did the technology exist that could make that haircut look good on a twink

Paging Fabius Bile to the consultation room, paging Fabius Bile

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look if the 10 foot tall vaguely human shaped demigod that can crush a space marine like a space marine can crush a human says its preferred pronouns are she/her then Im not really gonna contest the issue.

I am, however, going to ask if she can give me a piggy back ride.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only thing still canon is that is how you must pronounce the word Dreadnaught.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xun posted:

I wana draw problematic space lesbians but sadly anime is all I can do rip

Problematic Space Lesbians was originally going to be a Thirsty Sword Lesbians strategy game but the licensing rights deal fell through.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There should be Krootstealer Kults, kroots fed a diet of humans until they can pass and try to convince human worlds to join the Tau.

They should also fight against genestealer cults, who also fight them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A hiveworld brawl between the various factions trying to secretly take it over between chaos, tau, and tyrannid only for them to find out there actually isn't anyone on the planet not in one of the cults.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Emperor preserve me, thats the second largest vaudeville actor Ive ever seen.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tragic beavis and buttheadification

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Tau are great when they're absolutely befuddled NATO commanders shooting dark eldar from extreme long range and wondering why all the kroot who eat dead humans start chanting incomprehensible poo poo like "The Greater Good Protects"

They are less fun when they get turned into "The Imperium but blue" and Im not yet sold on "big titty blue hoof jobs"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xun posted:

drat, I bet the world eater was pretty mad about the khorne red patina being rubbed off

Good news on how that slave can help restore the finish!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dads home and he said we can stay up late and dont have to do our home work and and and he let me invite all my cousins over so theres like a million of us having a party.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Straight Man of Chaos is the Emperor

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Worrying Warlock posted:

Weird question, but what is life like on the average planet? Is it just normal stuff, or should I be thinking more of a medieval hellscape like Hard to Be a God?

Up to you, writer of the particular world. The only consistent thing of the Empire is the Emperor and the inconsistency

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Emperor is the Chaos God of Tyranny, why would stopping himself be in his own plan?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Tau are engaging in a limited, peace-keeping operation in order to secure the well being of various peoples in conflict zones alongside their borders at the behest of persecuted ethnic groups within those territories.

<loads up a sick mech with a pinup kroot on the side while Fortunate Son plays on loop>

Barudak
May 7, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Everyone can agree that Tzeentch followers have it the worst, you have to be an ugly nerd cursed with the knowledge of how much of a huge nerd you are

You can shape change into an attractive nerd and woo those chads who passed you over for those vapid staceys right before you get multi-meltad because you forgot human women don't have glowing blue skin and birdfeathers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fabius Bile just wants to have kids and its nice that the Chaos Gods support his efforts to be a single parent

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like that Fabius Bile succeeded at copying his Primarch and then went "oh right, this dumbass fell to chaos once already" and sold him off as a weird curio for Trazyn.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

No they specifically don't have internal organs or an anus or anything

Yeah, those are Slaneesh demon things

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

a lot of all warhams is about the worthlessness of fathers in many many ways

Hey sometimes people have bad moms!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

I kind of regret reading the servitor human factory thing, thread.

Dont worry there is a way to end this. A cause that is just and right. Committed to the endless war that will be required. Ready to spill blood to cherish the sacrifice of these skulls.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tragically due to conversion issues from Emperor measurements to Metric all the templates for buildings are way too big

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Even if it is made of people, the psycho war god feels like the worst possible fit for eating so much government cheese you start seeing demons

Startch for the Starch God, Corpses for the Corpse Grinder I chant as Khorne Ram'say manifests its nightmare visage

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The average life span of an active duty imperial Guard* is measured in hours so no need to worry about the school thing.

*Im not calling them their current name, gently caress that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

a planet covered in ancient alien artifacts, any one of which would be a Deux Ex Machina on its own, and chaos just suicide bombs 1 starship into the planet and wins

Sometimes Tzeentch goes with the simple, obvious plan to keep people on their toes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

What do you think the purpose of Lorgar was supposed to be

"Hello I am the Emperor, if there's one thing I hate more than anything else in this entire galaxy it's women, but second place is religion. Welp anyway time to hand-craft my sons, I think I'll take one of them and make it so every fiber of his being is constantly crying out for something to worship"

This is my son Lorgar, we gene-seeded him wrong as a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No credit to Vashtorr? So much for the undivided chaos