Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

There were some basic walls around the pylons but I mean is it even possible to build anything strong enough to stop something that big?

the bridge was built in 1977, the largest container ships at the time were around 75% the size of the Deli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Closer to 3x cargo capacity, 5000 vs 13000 TEU

we're also up to 24,000 TEU at the high end right now

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

excuse me, the classiest amongst us call them "lust bums"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Cable Guy posted:

:thejoke:

It's Liz Truss, whose tenure as UK prime minister collapsed after a VERY short span...

a lettuce would have done a better job of holding up the bridge

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I'm hearing good things about this B&B Enterprises and their construction projects.

we ain't gotta dream no more man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Log082 posted:

I found a neat live stream of them working on the bridge. It's the same one that caught the initial impact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83a7h3kkgPg

only sort of related, but I've always liked that Wilhelmsen livery on their vehicle carriers, much better than their older ones