Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Really wild how such a large piece of infrastructure can just cease to exist in ten seconds.

I once lived in DC area and used that bridge many times. I always liked the approach from the West / DC side where the road comes in at an angle so you could see the monstrosity you're about to cross. Sad to know it's gone. RIP to the yellow vest dudes who were in those vehicles. I expect a WTYP infrastructure episode in the immediate future.

This seems more like a Brick Immortar video to me, as it seems (again to me personally, I don't know the whole story) that this might have been a case of crew error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The_Franz posted:

It was built in the 1970s, so not that old.

Old for bridges, though- IIRC most modern bridges were either updated or built post Sunshine Skyway collapse in the 80s, where something like this happened, but the Key Bridge was neither. Also, apparently it's also the one route where hazardous materials can pass from the connected areas as well, so there's another wrinkle to take into account.