Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Has anyone considered that they should build the bridge out of the stuff they make airplane black boxes out of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if they made the entire bridge out of fenders?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

They should replace the bridge with a Hyperloop.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/iamyesyouareno/status/1772637057883471925

https://twitter.com/AnthonySabatini/status/1772643640843604097

The boat will be trans non-binary by this Wednesday morning.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

BoldFace posted:

If you're going to get federal funding for the new bridge, then at least do it right. Hold a bridge designing contest where elementary school kids can send in their drawings.

World's largest popsicle stick bridge.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah it's really lovely, from what I read it seems like they were both critical condition but one has already been discharged and the other is still in the hospital. (maybe?)
I don't imagine they'll find the other 6 until the wreckage is salvaged, probably too dangerous to dive into some of that twisted metal. All sucks.

1 left against medical advice, presumably because they are undocumented and/or terrified about the cost of treatment, so not a great outcome on that one.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

You are probably right and it’s so loving sad

A few years ago my husband had a ruptured eardrum and was told he need to follow all the doctor's instruction on care because if he didn't he was in danger of permanent hearing loss (It was really bad) if he didn't take this special antibiotic.

So, I go to the grocery store to fill it in our neighborhood I live in a gentrifying neighborhood where you are basically either upper-middle class/rich or poor, there is nothing really in between. Anyways, I go to pick it up and they say hold on, we need to talk to you privately, but I need you to wait a minute so we can check these other people out. I was just like, what the gently caress is this bullshit, whatever. So I wait, and finally they pull me aside and very compassionately and discreetly say "This is a specialty medication, after insurance, it's going to to be, I don't remember but like in the $100 range, do you still want it?"

I think that is where it really sunk in how hosed our healthcare system is on like a personal level. Yes, of course I want the medication, no, my husband is not going to lose hearing in one of his ears over $100 with health insurance, WTF?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Time_pants posted:

Hey neat it's my new stress nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0

Really any of the USCSB videos are a great way to find out that you can die horribly in ways that you have never imagined:

https://www.youtube.com/user/USCSB

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I guess one of the containers that fell off the ship was full of fur pelts because they are washing up everywhere this morning. There’s about to be some thrift stores and pawn shops full of some nasty rear end fur.

It's fine, just boil them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

big dyke energy posted:

wait the dudes are still on the ship??? just chilling???? they didn't like, evacuate?

The crew accommodations on ships lake that I believe are generally pretty decent. Nothing luxury but people have spacious private rooms with en suite bathrooms, internet, plenty of storage, a chef preparing meals, full gyms, DVD libraries, etc.

Not the Four Seasons but also probably not your first apartment out of college.