Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

This game is very good and the crazy bastards managed to combine some of the elements of Sekiro, Tsushima and Nioh.

Mission 3 boss is kicking my rear end.

That makes me so excited to play this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jimbot posted:

The "graphics bad" is an over-exaggeration. It's the kind of graphics from a team known for smaller, denser areas making an open world game with a reasonable budget and not working their employees into dust. It's the kind of graphics you'd find in the kind of "B" games people pine for. They're good, not great, not phenomenal and certainly not bad or terrible. Though I'd put the character models in the "very good" category. But that's a Team Ninja staple at this point.

The thing is when people say they want AA games, they don't want to pay full price usually for them or want game to launch at lower price. I don't know, I feel like Japanese devs have figured out the sweet balance of budget + scale.

That being said Team Ninja definitely seems like they would benefit from taking 1 year off of game developement to work on their Katana engine.

Since 2019, Team Ninja has released a game every year. Marvels Ultimate Alliance 3, Dead or Alive, Nioh 2, Ninja Gaiden Collection, Stranger of Paradise, Wulong and now Rise of the Ronin. They also get credited in other KT and Nintendo stuff from time to time.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

This one is published by Sony though and they might have different policy. Tsushima dlc for example was announced much later.

Probably would be better for Sony to scrap it at this point, I doubt this game sold well. Releasing the same day as DD2 was a horrible idea.

Atleast in Japan it seems to have outsold DD2 so thats nice but looking at Playstation insomniac leaks, they aren't happy unless anything sells 5m. I am sure the budget of this game was much smaller so they could/have potentially breakeven.

I haven't gotten to it due to backlog poo poo but have it and hyped to get to it. I think a easy win for Team Ninja would be just to make Nioh 3 and go completely crazy with the combat/builds.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

I don’t think Japanese development costs are comparable to America, I suspect they are much lower due to lower salaries

Ya that seems to be the case. Also Japanese devs don't seem to be focused on certain elements that make games REALLY expensive like mocap. So they probably cost even less.
This is why Japanese devs are increasing pay instead of doing layoffs like western days, they have much higher RoI on their games.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

It feels like a sure thing to me, Nioh was like this, PlayStation exclusive and then came to PC shortly after all of the DLC was released.

I don't know..Because for the Nioh ip it seems like Koei Tecmo had some different agreement. Koei Tecmo published that ip in Japan and on PC. Also they had lots of the PS4/PS5 trailers on their YT.

For Rise of The Ronin, it's marketing was only on Playstation channel and Playstation published it worldwide.

So if it comes to pc it would be ported by Playstation and they seem picky with what they bring. Hopefully Team Ninja had some agreement they could port it to pc.