Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Jimbot posted:

Only real complaint about the combat is that it has the tightest parry window I've ever seen. Sekiro may as well let you parry attacks the moment they start, regardless of where the weapon is. Fighting Genzui in the dojo is like having teeth pulled. He attacks at least ten thousand times a minute and never uses ki. So good luck parrying his thousand attack combo. You can't attack in that because immediately after parrying his attacks, if you get that lucky, he recovers immediately then launches into his attacks again. Also attacking drain 1/5th of your ki bar and you need that for blocking or parrying.

I think the dojo sucks in general. Wish Team Ninja would realize that these +1% skills you can unlock are the worst kind in the history of video games. Ones that'd increase the parry window and things that have actual, tangible effects on the game would be far better and useful.

I like the dojo. When you finally get 7000+ points in a fight, you feel like a parry god.
Some fights are notably easier than others though. Took a while to learn the fight with the double red attacks you have to perfect counterspark before you can hit back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Darth Walrus posted:

Pro tip - there's a bug where certain chests (like the one at the Chiba dojo) will come pre-opened, making it impossible to 100% a region and get those tasty, tasty skill points. You can reset those chests to a closed, openable state by replaying the mission that gave you access to that area (like the Demon Belle for the aforementioned dojo) in the Testament of the Soul.

Incidentally, if you want to talk about 'holy poo poo, I can't believe this person was real' characters, how about Koto Nakazawa?

I fixed an 'opened' chest by replaying the first story mission on the ship using the Testament.