Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Also you get a choice between which one you want to be the protagonist at the point that becomes relevant, you don't just default to Blade Twin 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
My experience on Dusk is usually that, the first time I fight someone, I have roughly that experience, and then on subsequent encounters with that boss I have more of a hang of what I have to do. Also, I don't think you're intended to counterspark every single attack/combo string a boss puts out; Genzui's quick double-strikes are better dodged away from and punished from the back or the side, for example. I am in no way a Team Ninja game Perfect Parry expert, however, so I have no expectation from myself that I'm going to achieve a skillful or elegant victory.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Tricky posted:

So I just got to Edo and unlocked the Testament of the Soul — is there an easy way to see which missions have alternatives or a decision point? Is it just any mission with an affiliation color?

There's a toggle on the mission select screen of the Testament of the Soul, something like "Timeline View"; I forget what the button press for it is but it basically toggles you to a view where you can see which missions have choices and what percentage of players picked which choice. I only noticed it after I rolled credits so it may be a post-game thing.

Edit: the other slick thing that I forgot about is that if you go back, replay a mission, and pick a different choice, you get the option of applying that choice to your "actual" timeline playthrough or not. (You can' t reselect the other Blade Twin though.)

CaptainRat fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 1, 2024