Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1773099950076723659

Bryan Danielson's dream is about to come true as tomorrow night the Black Pool Combat Club (and Matt Sydal) take on Blue Panther, Mistico, Volador Jr. and Ultimo Guerrero from a sold out Arena Mexico.

The show will stream on Youtube at 8:30 PM Local Time (US Mountain Time) and 10:30 Eastern. The main event will probably go into the ring at 12:30.

To order you must subscribe to the Fan Leyenda tier of CMLL's Youtube Channel. This costs $35. The channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/@VideosOficialesCMLL The lower priced tiers only get the show as a VOD 9 days after the fact. Also do not try to subscribe on an iPhone or iPad!

Just make sure you cancel before the subscription renews unless you are like me and really want to spend $35 per month on CMLL. Everyone should!

The Card:
A Ceremony to Honor Tony Salazar
Magnus & Rugido © vs Brillante Jr. & Neón for the Mexican National Tag Team Championship
Esfinge © versus Zandokan Jr. for the Mexican Light Heavyweight Championship
Bárbaro Cavernario © versus Averno for the CMLL Light Heavyweight Championship
Angelito vs Pierrothito vs Acero vs Pequeño Olímpico in a mask match
Lluvia, Stephanie Vaquer, Zeuxis vs La Catalina, Tessa Blanchard, Willow Nightingale
Máscara Dorada & Rocky Romero vs Atlantis Jr. & Soberano Jr. in the Torneo Incredible de Parejas final
Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Jon Moxley, Matt Sydal vs Blue Panther, Místico, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.

Of the wrestlers yet to appear in AEW I'm guessing people will be most impressed by Neon and Cavernario, although at this point I think most people in this forum have seen The Barbarian Caveman.

Overall three of the matches are guaranteed to be great, the Incredible Partners match could either be really good or really funny if it's just setting up future matches, and I don't think anything will be bad. The women's match could potentially be clunky but I am really excited to see Willow be a heel in Arena Mexico.

I'm almost sad Blue Panther will be remasking for the main event because him looking so old and out of shape makes for a great visual when he wrestles and would make for lots of bad faith posts from the AEW hate crew on twitter.

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1773135430260494465

CMLL has been on fire for about a year and a half and after a couple of weaker shows because of the tournament (most CMLL tournaments are bad until the finals) we are set for one of the best shows of the year.

Edit: could a mod please change the thread title to 3/29 not 3/28. I wanted to post the thread early so people knew when it was and the weird start time and hosed up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight is the night! CMLL has been posting videos of the AEW crew arriving

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1773606437026976007

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1773609860560474202

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1773557223769199099

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1773416721744883890

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1773438386436739179

Really hope Matt Sydal impresses tonight and gets a chance to do stuff like the Grand Prix.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I became a leyenda so I could watch the show tonight I hope they don't have any technical issues with the stream :cheers:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

apophenium posted:

I became a leyenda so I could watch the show tonight I hope they don't have any technical issues with the stream :cheers:

The Friday shows have worked out pretty well, the first two Tuesday broadcasts on the new service were disasters, but I think this will be fine.

There is a press conference and I guess Bryce is there too. Would be funny if he is going to do rudo ref stuff.
https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1773771680789201167

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The reporter asking Bryce "why are you here?"
:lol:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's the cost of a PPV so I'll watch this and get ready for Lucha!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Stream is live with recaps.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm watching the stream now, holy moly, is this what the crowd sounds like in Arena Mexico usually? This is wild.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Pylons posted:

I'm watching the stream now, holy moly, is this what the crowd sounds like in Arena Mexico usually? This is wild.

From what I've heard the shows, especially the Friday show, are really big for tourists to Mexico City so they usually have pretty big and excited (and drunk) crowds

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

more wrestlers should look like Virus

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Hell yeah, ready for tonight's big AEW show

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Here for some Lucha!

Pylons posted:

Arena Mexico and CMLL's school is why AAA really can't have long runs on top. Arena Mexico has a unique atmosphere that no other building has and CMLL just produces amazing young talent at a rate no other school can match.

Plus also AAA booking being insane

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I haven't watched a CMLL show top to bottom before but this card seems pretty good. I've heard good things about Brillante Jr. and Neon I think? And Esfinge and Zandokan Jr. are cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
More excited for this show than almost every AEW PPV.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ive paid 35 us dollars and im excited to see the stream actually works, given last time i tried to buy one of their "ticketmaster ppvs" that was not the case

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I'm fuckin listo

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
waiting for Mox to find out he can't blade in Arena Mexico

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

ive paid 35 us dollars and im excited to see the stream actually works, given last time i tried to buy one of their "ticketmaster ppvs" that was not the case

It took until Grand Prix last year for me to actually break down and buy a stand alone CMLL PPV and I was very sad at having been without CMLL for so long. Their track record was very bad, but they have been streaming on youtube for so long that even with the problems with the Tuesdays shows I trust them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

waiting for Mox to find out he can't blade in Arena Mexico

Or crowd brawling.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

First time seeing Brillante and Neon so I'm hyped for this tag

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i forgot to read the cubsfan preview of this and god bless him it is so many words so i guess i will just try to vibe through this until we reach the main event

i am excited to see cavernario, who i have not thought about since like 2018

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

please fix the white balance for that one camera

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Sticky Nate posted:

please fix the white balance for that one camera

theres like three cameras this post could be about

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Brillante Jr. y Neon should win

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Neon is so cool

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Never seen an arm drag over the ropes to the floor before

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that guy got hurricanrana'd to hell

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

what the gently caress!!!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That was an amazing arm drag to the floor

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Oh and two things to keep in mind if you don't watch lucha and CMLL specifically:

Leaving the ring counts as a tag and your partner can come in although sometimes they will just come in.

Mascots, especially KeMalito will come in and do spots in front of the ref and it's not a DQ. It works like assist trophies in Smash, except you get one per match. It's in the rules go check

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

is everything on this show one fall except for the womens trios? drat thats intense, serious lucha

(except the main where presumably matt sydal did not want to take a pointless pin)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

or wait pretend i said "matt sydal didnt want to take two pins in a row" since he's absolutely the guy jobbing in the main isnt he

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Boo

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
BOOOO

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

is everything on this show one fall except for the womens trios? drat thats intense, serious lucha

(except the main where presumably matt sydal did not want to take a pointless pin)

Yes, the title matches are definitely one fall and the main definitely is. Four way should be 2/3 falls to make it funnier but is not.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Really hope Neon joins Titan for Best of the Super Juniors

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

im basically treating this how i would if i were a drunk tourist at arena mexico. boo! i hate this team ive never heard of and their devastating submission finisher!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ZANDOKAN JR is such a cool loving name and i was not ready for him to also be a pirate

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Ah this is the ref that counts really fast

And Zandokan Jr. just got back from Grand Line to kick some rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

that's Yota Tsuji's friend Zandokan Jr.