Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

I've been lusting after this fancypants point and shoot camera that apparently gets good photos in low light. But it's really difficult for me to justify the purchase when I already have a good enough point and shoot, and also ms cruft has a fancypants DSLR that we never use for anything because it's enormous.

So I'm going to try to take cool pictures with the camera I already have, and maybe that will make me grow more fond of it.

This thread is for posting pictures you took of stuff. They don't have to be good pictures. In my case, they're going to be attempts to take good pictures, with the understanding that I'm really only doing the "tourist snapshots" branch of photography.

This is a photo thread so don't feel obligated to thumbnail your pictures.

If anybody cares, my camera is a Kodak PixPro FZ43. It looks like this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Butterflies. New Orleans Insectarium

Dude taking his Burro for a walk in the plaza. Las Vegas, New Mexico

Some crap on the table, playing with camera shooting modes. Chez cruft.

Neon sign ms cruft got my dad for his birthday. Everybody's expensive cell phone cameras had weird CCD banding, but not my lovely Kodak! Chez cruft sr.

Finger Prince

I like taking pictures, but I'm really bad at transferring them from my camera to places people can see them. I still haven't transferred the ones I took from the UK and Japan last year. Also I feel weird about posting them but that's just some weird approval thing I should probably talk to a therapist about, but byob is like therapy, so I will share a few random shots I've taken over the years that I really like.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 30, 2024

Finger Prince

Why can't I just link the actual jpg link from inside the Flickr app wtf.

cruft

OMG YOU PHOTOGRAPHED A FULLY SEXUAL SNAIL

Also a not-at-all-creepy bear in a window

A+++ good photos keep 'em coming

cruft

The idea in this thread is to just share whatever photo you took that you want to post. Sometimes people take pictures of things because they find the thing interesting and/or they want to remember what it looked like: that's what I mean when I talk about "tourism photography".

Like I don't know if that door you photographed is a good photo, but it's an interesting lookin' door!

It's BYOB for photos. :justpost:

cruft fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 30, 2024

Finger Prince

OK I figured it out, I had to open each url in my browser then select view desktop site and then it lets me generate the bbcode links. :pseudo:

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

The idea in this thread is to just share whatever photo you took that you want to post. Sometimes people take pictures of things because they find the thing interesting and/or they want to remember what it looked like: that's what I mean when I talk about "tourism photography".

Like I don't know if that door you photographed is a good photo, but it's an interesting lookin' door!

It's BYOB for photos. :justpost:

That is basically 100% of my photos, even if I'm not tourisming! Although I guess you can be a tourist where you live by just going outside and touring about and taking pictures of stuff!

TITTIEKISSER69

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Frozen Lake Louise in Banff National Park, Alberta :canada:

Finger Prince

riptidejim

Have a good night!

this looks exactly like the opening area in Thief Deadly Shadows

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

cruft

nice

riptidejim

Have a good night!

I took this as a sign to buy a donut

cruft

riptidejim posted:

I took this as a sign to buy a donut

LOL

Feels like Houston. There density of donut shops in Houston blew my mind.

cruft

Las Vegas, New Mexico has a main street looking thing leading into the plaza, with all kinds of interesting buildings on it. Here's one:

Finger Prince

Finger Prince

I finally got around to uploading my pics from my UK and Japan trips from late last year. Here are a few of my favourites. See if you can tell which were taken where!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Biscotti hash

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

kief dunes :tipshat:

Escape From Noise

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Dumb Sex-Parrot

3 year old white-tailed eagle.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Escape From Noise

Escape From Noise

Ass-penny

Ass-penny

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 14, 2024

Finger Prince

Is that a wild strawberry kebab?

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:

Finger Prince posted:

Is that a wild strawberry kebab?

strawberrys on a straw is the best way to pick strawberries.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince

that graffiti in the back looks familiar, but I can't say where I might have seen others.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

that graffiti in the back looks familiar, but I can't say where I might have seen others.

Whoever drew it is pretty prolific around Osaka.

Finger Prince

Escape From Noise posted:

Whoever drew it is pretty prolific around Osaka.

Maybe I'm remembering it from another photo you took! That would explain why don't know where I've seen it.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Maybe I'm remembering it from another photo you took! That would explain why don't know where I've seen it.

That's very possible.

cruft

This one is really striking: great shot!

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

This one is really striking: great shot!

Thanks man, I love how those oranges turned out!

cruft

My sister-in-law convinced me to get the fancypants camera. It's pretty nice, but it seems like I've mostly been photographing my wife and dog so far.

Here's something I took while goofing around with the macro function:

Areola Grande

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

cruft

I can relate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

cruft posted:

I can relate

that pic was taken right before he launched a furious tirade about how I don't walk him enough. so we went for an 83°F walk and now he's like :knope: lol