Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/baguettezero/status/1785196456971772056

MAPPA is so back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm unfamiliar with the terminology, I assume it's not good though

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

2nd key animators are the people who help the key animators finish their cuts when they dont have enough time. ideally you wouldnt need them at all so it's kind of a barometer of how rushed the production is, though you'll see them on most shows these days. but 50 on one episode is pretty extreme.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tales of Woe posted:

2nd key animators are the people who help the key animators finish their cuts when they dont have enough time. ideally you wouldnt need them at all so it's kind of a barometer of how rushed the production is, though you'll see them on most shows these days. but 50 on one episode is pretty extreme.

ah, I see, thanks

yeah that's... wow

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Really not sure why they're making that one, it's completely choked out by awful "humor" and the whole premise was already done recently (and better) by Re-Main.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Wow, the 6th episode of The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases was a masterclass in cliched writing. We had an evil villain going "Since you're about to die I guess it won't hurt to explain our evil plot to you!!" which someone secretly recorded and then replayed in front of the entire town to expose the real villain who shouted "You've ruined our evil scheme!!!" followed by a maniacal laugh. Later on when the hero-in-training was about to die the protagonist suddenly appeared out of nowhere to block the killing blow, looking back over his shoulder with a wink and saying "Sorry I took so long". The real mastermind (the protag's father) then fought it out with the protag but was easily defeated, so he surrendered his humanity to demonic forces for a power boost which somehow created a giant blue laser shooting up into the sky which formed a ring of dark clouds which spread out over the town. The protag then duked it out with his father in a metaphysical realm of memories which ended with his father realising that his defeat meant that the protag had fulfilled his destiny as a true Hero so his beloved wife's dying wish had actually come true, and as he started to turn to dust and blow away in the breeze he had a tear in his eye and a smile on his face, and a glowing butterfly representing his dead wife's spirit landed on his finger just as he finally crumbled away to nothing. The king then offered the protag a peerage, which he politely declined

It was genuinely the most cliche-ridden piece of media I've ever consumed, I'm actually impressed

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

haypliss posted:

Really not sure why they're making that one, it's completely choked out by awful "humor" and the whole premise was already done recently (and better) by Re-Main.

nipple hair will only grow in strength by repeating the joke each ep

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Wow, the 6th episode of The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases was a masterclass in cliched writing. We had an evil villain going "Since you're about to die I guess it won't hurt to explain our evil plot to you!!" which someone secretly recorded and then replayed in front of the entire town to expose the real villain who shouted "You've ruined our evil scheme!!!" followed by a maniacal laugh. Later on when the hero-in-training was about to die the protagonist suddenly appeared out of nowhere to block the killing blow, looking back over his shoulder with a wink and saying "Sorry I took so long". The real mastermind (the protag's father) then fought it out with the protag but was easily defeated, so he surrendered his humanity to demonic forces for a power boost which somehow created a giant blue laser shooting up into the sky which formed a ring of dark clouds which spread out over the town. The protag then duked it out with his father in a metaphysical realm of memories which ended with his father realising that his defeat meant that the protag had fulfilled his destiny as a true Hero so his beloved wife's dying wish had actually come true, and as he started to turn to dust and blow away in the breeze he had a tear in his eye and a smile on his face, and a glowing butterfly representing his dead wife's spirit landed on his finger just as he finally crumbled away to nothing. The king then offered the protag a peerage, which he politely declined

It was genuinely the most cliche-ridden piece of media I've ever consumed, I'm actually impressed

You made it to episode 6 of a show called that and you're surprised that it's generic poo poo?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

You made it to episode 6 of a show called that and you're surprised that it's generic poo poo?

There’s 2 or 3 posters that do this every season and idgi. Either enjoy it for what it is or hop off, I can’t think of a single isekai/super power cheat show that has not fully played its hand by ep 1

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Waffleman_ posted:

you're surprised that it's generic poo poo?
No

Erg posted:

Either enjoy it for what it is

I do

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Erg posted:

There’s 2 or 3 posters that do this every season and idgi. Either enjoy it for what it is or hop off, I can’t think of a single isekai/super power cheat show that has not fully played its hand by ep 1

it's because they have special brains, OP

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

caught up on the Crow show.
Much more focused on the inner palace politics stuff than Apothecary Diaries and none of the fun humor that Diaries have.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tales of Woe posted:

Or to an even greater extreme, the G-Witch finale had almost 100.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GateOfD posted:

caught up on the Crow show.
Much more focused on the inner palace politics stuff than Apothecary Diaries and none of the fun humor that Diaries have.

This post threw me until I realised there's two crow shows this season and I was thinking of the wrong one

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Oh right the Tonari one

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1785227168387141900?t=iXUXgENw9XWLszBqofrh9g&s=19

Might as well subtitle this one Melodrama: The Anime with a director/writer pair like Fukuda and Okouchi. And Kohei Tanaka is a killer composer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Oh right the Tonari one

Yeah, this one has a BMW Tsukumogami and in their world he not only had to get immigration paperwork as he was a german car, he now needs a driver's licenses to drive around by himself (as himself)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1785227168387141900?t=iXUXgENw9XWLszBqofrh9g&s=19

Might as well subtitle this one Melodrama: The Anime with a director/writer pair like Fukuda and Okouchi. And Kohei Tanaka is a killer composer.
tbf fukuda does have dendoh under his belt, and he wasn't lead director but he had a pretty high level position on exkaiser. he can do classic super robot stuff too.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, this one has a BMW Tsukumogami and in their world he not only had to get immigration paperwork as he was a german car, he now needs a driver's licenses to drive around by himself (as himself)

I'll have you know Nishiya Chiaki is a Volkswagen Golf Mk1. :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Endorph posted:

tbf fukuda does have dendoh under his belt, and he wasn't lead director but he had a pretty high level position on exkaiser. he can do classic super robot stuff too.

Oh I wasn't saying that the pair was a bad mix. I'm saying it's gonna go hard on the Melodrama and I'm here for it.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Edward IV posted:

I'll have you know Nishiya Chiaki is a Volkswagen Golf Mk1. :colbert:

Imagine what an insufferable rear end in a top hat the BMW tsukumogami must be.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Honestly what surprised me more was that he was only 40 rather than the traditional 100

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f6SY0NzE9o

aaaaa it looks so loving good

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

holy fuuuuuck

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Someone please bring it over, I want to give them my money.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What is it supposed to be, aside from gorgeous? Anime original or adaptation?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's a "sequel" (series has always been vaguely episodic) to Mononoke, which is an original series.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Looks gorgeous but it’s just not the same without Sakurai

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

ok salad bowl of eccentrics is pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1B-wNroKSs

the main character is a private eye and hes out on stakeout with the isekaid princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

ok salad bowl of eccentrics is pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1B-wNroKSs

the main character is a private eye and hes out on stakeout with the isekaid princess.

Is it just that youtube clip or is the audio that badly desynched in the show?