Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Kaguya's done it once or twice as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my hero academia does it a couple times

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

most precure series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

konosuba

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

priconne

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
yuru camp

https://youtu.be/1QLohEtrZDY?si=MISJGJRTKrVQgkqH

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hulaing babies (show is not actually about babies)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm not owned i'm not owned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hey guys its neat that this show has pictures move in a sequential order to imitate motion, anyone else heard of this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GTO

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

loved the 2nd ep of jellyfish show, feeling more sold on it now

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Post+AV Combo.

What show is that, anyways? Wonder if it will actually say some more about wealth inequality or if it will resolve it with a nebulous "this is a question our future generations must solve"

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

GGLR isn't wasting any time before putting in another bunch of hooks. I'm tempted to jump into the manga but I'm not a fan of starting ones with unknown end dates.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Post+AV Combo.

What show is that, anyways? Wonder if it will actually say some more about wealth inequality or if it will resolve it with a nebulous "this is a question our future generations must solve"

It's from Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru/Reincarnated Aristocrat

It's a long term goal for Ars, but the anime isn't going to get to a point where he can actually implement those ideas outside of his County which is not much more than a few thousand people at most iirc. The scanalations only just now reached a point where his title has increased and thus the scope of his power is broader, but obviously he's still operating in the Feudal framework. No idea where the LN is at though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tonari no Youkai-san ep2: still chill

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Just watched episode 2 of Mission: Yozakura Family. I am enjoying it so far, though it feels kind of dated. I saw a review compare it to Hitman Reborn replacing the Mafia thing with a family of spies. Starts pretty slow, episode one pretty much just sets up the concept, with episode 2 feeling more representative of what to expect from the spy hyjinks.

Train to the End of the World continues to be the best of the season for me, episode 2 was great, I am fully on board. Fun characters, an air of mystery that gives me Studio Ghibli vibes, and a good sense of humor.

Tonari no Yōkai-san has been fine. To be honest, I find it a little boring. Maybe it will be more interesting as we unravel the main mystery, but a lot of it just felt like the yokai aspect didn't really matter that much, since it was just mild relationship drama that was quickly resolved.

I need to start Laid-Back Camp, I love Do-It-Yourself, and I have seen people favorably compare the 2, so it is on my list, to get into. I am debating if I am going to watch episode 2 of Astro Note, episode 1 didn't really grab me.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Tales of Woe posted:

loved the 2nd ep of jellyfish show, feeling more sold on it now

yeah i thought this episode was great. the rapport between the leads feels a lot better and it nailed the comedy bits along with the flashback.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

GateOfD posted:

Jellyfish ep2
lots of youthful screaming this episode lol. former idol girl as the actual airhead is funny. Show has a lot of freeze frame screenshot moments where I had to go back 10 secs to rewatch the reaction of the characters.

that one is good, but my favorite face is mei's creepy eyeball.

https://i.imgur.com/4QpWg3c.mp4

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

Mei's entire intro was fantastic. GOAT'd character this season

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

liked when they were returning her uniform and she started spazing out

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The structure of Tonari no Yokai just seems to be kinda weird. Like we get to have this overarching mystery of Mu's dad and the Shadows but the same episode doesn't want to give any build up or weight to interpersonal drama with Rain and Ryo or Buchio and Yuri. I'm sure those storylines will continue to get more material but their bumps this week did seem very flatly portrayed and solved compared to the other stuff.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

Mei's entire intro was fantastic. GOAT'd character this season

yeah she absolutely rules. the dissonance between the upbeat piano piece and the poo poo she endures at the start of her flashback is probably the most striking scene of the show so far for me.

honestly her piano room kind of creeps me out in general. the way every shot is framed so she's enclosed by the freaky industrial walls and door, the giant piano dominating the center of the room.

funny gif for example (because i didn't feel like screenshotting the sad piano room moments):

https://i.imgur.com/G6e6KDU.mp4

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
studio apartment angel included turning into what i'm guessing will be a soft harem is not what i expected

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:yeah:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

symbolic posted:

Jellyfish incorporating Looney Toons-esque exaggeration and eyepops makes it stand out a lot, haven't seen that used in an anime before i don't think (not that they likely haven't been utilized before but i can't remember it in any anime i've personally seen)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
one piece

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.

Big Leg posted:

This movement and positioning feels like she should be behind the witness stand in a Phoenix Wright game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

man the alcohol-related brain damage has gotten worse than I thought

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

catching up on isekai day.
Going to watch lv2 Cheat and Appraisal Isekai today.

nice new idol dance op for lv2 cheat

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 15, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1779902507335975183?t=nR48b64xdAOUh2dvV8uzqw&s=19

Not too familiar with either leads but okay.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't tell if you're joking

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lv2 Cheat is also a Spicy Wolf show now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Palencia and Tatum voiced the characters in the original anime, much like in the Japanese

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arist posted:

I can't tell if you're joking

I'm being genuine. I haven't watched as much stuff dubbed as you might think given how much I enjoy English voiceovers. Apparently I've heard the guy as Zarbon in DBZ Kai and as Sir Hammerlock in Borderlands 2 but thats about all that jumps out at me from his filmography. Looks guess Brina was Mad Moxxi in Borderlands too and they both voiced Holo and Lawrence in the first adaptation of Spice and Wolf, which I haven't seen either.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i just watched the second ep of jellyfish (much better than the first) and i need to know where i can get a copy of "composing made easy for gyaru: ultimate edition"

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 15, 2024

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i'm in the process of catching up on stuff i missed this weekend and i watched the first ep of whisper me a love song, which owns. there's a deftness to the writing that's laudable - they bounce back and forth between the two protagonists' viewpoints effectively, and they naturally handle the way all the different friend groups interact and tangle together. the end result is you walk in on two girls starting to crush on each other and their friends equal parts roasting and supporting their feelings in a way that feels real and is very fun.

there was this throwaway moment, late in the ep, where the two leads meet up on the roof. they start out talking about a teacher who goes on rants for forever, and the older girl is just like "yeah, he goes off on tangents like that." it was such a little throwaway thing, but it stuck in my mind, because that's how conversations usually start in situations where you're hanging with someone new. i think i had the x teacher does weird poo poo convo a million times, and they captured that feeling here. a lot of romance shows can feel contrived in a way that this show's first ep really didn't, and so far (still need to watch a few other things) i think this is my surprise standout first ep of the season.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Level 2 Cheat unfortunately seems to adapt the WN which is much more of a mess than the manga. Risu calls the MC "darling" right away instead of going for this "master" poo poo first. There's also a part where they buy cheap skill rings for each other and pretend they're wedding bands which the show skips over and I am incredibly mad about it :argh:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Gotta say, the latest episode of "Train to the End of the World" was fun.

shrooms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I like how in lv2 Cheat & Wolf there’s like no difference at all between his disguise face and his actual face. Like one has bangs and the other doesn’t?