Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Doodles posted:

Gotta say, the latest episode of "Train to the End of the World" was fun.

shrooms

I enjoyed how they spent most of the episode ignoring the mushroom head thing because they were too polite to ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

I enjoyed how they spent most of the episode ignoring the mushroom head thing because they were too polite to ask

When you live in a town where all the Adults turned into animals having mushrooms growing on top of heads is like tame in comparison!

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

i just watched the second ep of jellyfish (much better than the first) and i need to know where i can get a copy of "composing made easy for gyaru: ultimate edition"

same. i'd settle for the basic edition as well

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Is the entire deal with Astro Note how far can we take it without anyone realizing they're aliens?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

guess Demon Slayer is the only thing on my list that hasn't aired yet

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 17, 2024

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Second episode of Rinkai! ends with a new character who I suppose is the rival so maybe they'll start doing something next episode. Probably more time skips since qualifiers are 5 months away and they obviously all pass.
Maybe they're trying to save the CG budget for later, race heavy episodes cause it hasn't looked great so far.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

warming up a bit to Voice Actor Radio with the ending to the second ep. still not exactly spectacular but it at least seems like it's pacing itself better

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Go! Go! Loser Ranger is so good!! I never thought I'd feel sorry for the putties from Power Rangers. But these Rangers are assholes. I legit felt sad about the ending of the most recent episode.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wasn't gonna jump on Go Go Loser Ranger, but friend who watches like one anime a season picked it up, so just watching it with him.

at least I got him in on X-Men 97

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That's three episodes now that they tell the main character his skills as a bartender suck. It almost makes me laugh, especially considering the contrast to real life and how little it takes to satisfy the common folk at the bar.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

especially this hunt to get him for this random hotel bar and the ladies having trouble finding a qualified one for it. Its a freaking hotel bar, you don't need the worlds best for it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are always going to be difficult customers with unreasonable demands. it's the service industry.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Pan Dulce posted:

Go! Go! Loser Ranger is so good!! I never thought I'd feel sorry for the putties from Power Rangers. But these Rangers are assholes. I legit felt sad about the ending of the most recent episode.

i watched the first ep of this last night and was into it. it has a fun style and the whole setup with the rangers having some kind of contrived stadium show with the dusters after a ceasefire is fascinating. the extended bit where the dusters are trying to come up with a new enemy concept in a board room meeting was really great.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there are always going to be difficult customers with unreasonable demands. it's the service industry.

this

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Liked episode 2 of Voice Actor Radio.
bit more stuff on the regular voice actor side and some of the industry etiquette and newbie rates.

Time for Viral Hit ep2 to see the worst type of modern humans. IRL streamers

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I liked Voice Actor Radio too. The way they put care into animating the dance sequence was appreciated.

Going on to check out episode 2 of Mysterious Disappearances.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GateOfD posted:

especially this hunt to get him for this random hotel bar and the ladies having trouble finding a qualified one for it. Its a freaking hotel bar, you don't need the worlds best for it.

Depends on what sort of hotel. I'd expect the Waldorf-Astoria or the Four Seasons to have top-shelf bartenders, for example. This is the sort of hotel that has a dedicated marketing office with its own internal hierarchy, it's not your local Best Western.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

GateOfD posted:

Yes they do. They need the Glass of God.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
What's worth watching this season? I have time to watch one (1) episode now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dungeon meshi

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

dungeon meshi

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Ok, thank you goons

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The Colonel posted:

dungeon meshi

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Well that was a pretty alright episode. I guess I know what's going to be my next dnd character

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

macabresca posted:

Well that was a pretty alright episode. I guess I know what's going to be my next dnd character

Spend time alternating between Dungeon Meshi and Konosuba if you want dnd inspiration.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
cant imagine playing a konosuba inspired dnd campaign, sounds incredibly cursed and also cringe

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seiyuu Radio episode 2 definitely an improvement over the first episode!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tabletops posted:

cant imagine playing a konosuba inspired dnd campaign, sounds incredibly cursed and also cringe

sounds chaotic and fun, OP

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Konsuba cast would be better suited for a Paranoia campaign tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tabletops posted:

May I interest you in a rousing game of The Slayers d20

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

incredible how Mysterious Disappearances has usurped Voice Actor Radio for most dwindled hype for a series this season for me but, well, c'est la vie

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

symbolic posted:

incredible how Mysterious Disappearances has usurped Voice Actor Radio for most dwindled hype for a series this season for me but, well, c'est la vie

Sounds like the hype has mysteriously disappeared

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pan Dulce posted:

That's three episodes now that they tell the main character his skills as a bartender suck. It almost makes me laugh, especially considering the contrast to real life and how little it takes to satisfy the common folk at the bar.

Eh, it's a nice change on the usual "Hidden venue which you can only find if you really need it" genre like Restaurant to Another World where the customer is always completely blown away by whatever they're served. This guy has a supernatural ability to mix the exact cocktail that his customer didn't even know they needed but he still hasn't perfected his craft

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Gonna need some gifs of the Konosuba ed tadpole

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Waffleman_ posted:

May I interest you in a rousing game of The Slayers d20

It’s mostly that dnd sucks (fir a narrative focused comedy like konosuba, it’s fine for other stuff)

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 18, 2024

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Eh, it's a nice change on the usual "Hidden venue which you can only find if you really need it" genre like Restaurant to Another World where the customer is always completely blown away by whatever they're served. This guy has a supernatural ability to mix the exact cocktail that his customer didn't even know they needed but he still hasn't perfected his craft

It felt like a combination between a philosophical difference (correctness being to the customer's taste vs precise adherence to the formula) and a conflict that arose out of the person he made the cocktail for not being the one who was making the ultimate judgement.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Seiyuu Radio episode 2 definitely an improvement over the first episode!

Still way worse than the manga adaptation though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

tbf the boob joke this ep was actually funny due to sumirekos deadpan reaction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also i read the manga and there is actually some decent mystery stuff and sumireko gets cool scenes but also there's at least One shower scene an arc. just seems to be the wavelength the series is on. compared to some shows the 30 year old college dropout titty show is fairly inoffensive but it doesnt really stop or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yeah, that's just the wavelength the author is on and it's toned down compared to his previous work