Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057533

Anybody order a spiced wolf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Arc Hammer posted:

The new Gate a follow up to that original show about the JSDF gunning down fantasy races with machine guns and tanks like its Stargste SG1?

As was mentioned, it's basically SAO if it became an isekai. Guy was trapped in a MMO turned real life, beats it to free everyone, then gets tossed into the isekai version of the MMO.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
OP updated :toot:

quote:

:siren:Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf)
Passione | Takeo Takahashi ; Hijiri Sanpei | ... | Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance | Light Novel | Apr 2, 2024
Lawrence is a traveling merchant selling various goods from a horse-drawn cart. One day, he arrives at a village and meets a beautiful girl with the ears and tail of an animal! Her name is Holo the Wisewolf and she brings bountiful harvests. She wishes to return to her homeland, and Lawrence offers to take her. Now, the once-lonely merchant and the once-lonely wisewolf begin their journey north.
PV
Thread

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
tensura already dropped a recap episode on the 30th march as they are prone to do.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Is bartender a reboot of that bartender anime from 20 years ago? Or just another anime on the same theme?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Things I'm curious about this season:

Archdemon's Dilemma - the manga is great, if the anime is a quality adaptation then it should deserve a siren later

Kaiju no 8 - I've heard of this but never read it.

Spice and Wolf - heard this is one of those all-timer series but haven't watched it yet.

Sand Land - a series I did not know existed until the trailer for the game appeared. Apparently super short so I'm interested to see what they do with the adaptation.

Also it loving sucks that Re:Monster is getting an adaptation. It was inevitable, but it still sucks

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best parts of kaiju no. 8 were early on. so, the first cour might be real good. then there's the rest of the manga, which exists.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Is bartender a reboot of that bartender anime from 20 years ago? Or just another anime on the same theme?

Based on the same manga yeah

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Captain Invictus posted:

Things I'm curious about this season:

Archdemon's Dilemma - the manga is great, if the anime is a quality adaptation then it should deserve a siren later

The novels are great its very adorkable romance with some light fighting

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Anyone know anything about this Yatagarasu show? "Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai"/"The Crow Does Not Choose the Lord"? The trailer didn't exactly wow me but I am down for some fantasy politicking. Fantasy anything that isn't an isekai, really.

Captain Invictus posted:

Also it loving sucks that Re:Monster is getting an adaptation. It was inevitable, but it still sucks

Was it, though? Was it really?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all isekai must get an anime and that's one of the more popular ones.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

all isekai must get an anime and that's one of the more popular ones.

I don't think that's true, because there are like 50 billion of them and 99% of them are so interchangeable that even readers can't tell them apart.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
having never heard of re:monster before and only reading a brief summary it sounds almost exactly like so i'm a spider

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Clarste posted:

I don't think that's true, because there are like 50 billion of them and 99% of them are so interchangeable that even readers can't tell them apart.

There's a couple where the protagonist is a spider or a slime or a skeleton or an otome princess but 99% of them are this:

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a couple where the protagonist is a spider or a slime or a skeleton or an otome princess but 99% of them are this:

you mean japanese?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I liked when the Hell Lord from Tis Time For Torture Princess went on his Isekai Adventure and beat this guy up.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I want to say bottom left is the Other Isekai'd Guy from fabiniku, other than that I'm lost. Bottom-middle mole guy looks familiar too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
at least one of them is kirito but damned if i can tell which

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Brutal Garcon posted:

I want to say bottom left is the Other Isekai'd Guy from fabiniku,
Bingo

Brutal Garcon posted:

other than that I'm lost. Bottom-middle mole guy looks familiar too.

Protag from The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs

Top row, second guy?
E: nope, google says that's Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 1, 2024

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

pretty sure this chart contains zero Kiritos

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

How can the same poo poo happen to the same guy 9 times

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Brutal Garcon posted:

I want to say bottom left is the Other Isekai'd Guy from fabiniku, other than that I'm lost. Bottom-middle mole guy looks familiar too.

Bottom middle is the Full Dive guy, which is VR game and not really isekai. And yeah that other guy isn't even a protagonist, the image has zero Kiritos, and the joke has been dead for a while.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sinky posted:

How can the same poo poo happen to the same guy 9 times

There's a truck driver with a vendetta against the guy.

I swear there has to be a detective story out there about a P.I. tracking down a rogue truck driver with no plates who keeps targeting random teenagers while not realizing the isekai reincarnation happening with each kill.

And if there isn't then there should be.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 1, 2024

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Arc Hammer posted:

There's a truck driver with a vendetta against the guy.

I swear there has to be a detective story out there about a P.I. tracking down a rogue truck driver with no plates who keeps targeting random teenagers while not realizing the isekai reincarnation happening with each kill.

And if there isn't then there should be.

he's just performing a service

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Spookydonut posted:

you mean japanese?

Obviously most people in Japan have black hair, but they don’t all have that exact spiky-bangs hairstyle! A disproportionate number of those characters have purple eyes too.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Roxors posted:

Also, fair warning about Re:Monster, I read some of it a while ago, figuring it was just a generic isekai. It gets super rapey at one point, with the main character capturing a bunch of elf women, and drugging them to get them to have sex with him. One of the few series I have dropped out of sheer disgust.

Skeleton Knight might not have been good, but at least the rapists and slave traders get cut in half rather than this kind of poo poo.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Julias posted:

Based on the same manga yeah

Well I vaguely remember enjoying it the first go around.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Only if it's pumpkin-spiced.

Stink Billyums posted:

he's just performing a service

I saw this page last week and couldn't stop giggling. Naturally, it's getting an anime, And I'll be watching it.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the beginning is pretty funny, but after it uses up the obvious jokes of osamu dazai as an anime protagonist it becomes a lot more standard isekai.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Arist posted:

pretty sure this chart contains zero Kiritos

i also assumed one was kirito and this is the funniest answer

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Doodles posted:

Seconding. Also, while I'm not a big kaiju person, all of my friends who are are salivating for Kaiju No. 8. And most of the listings I see online are putting it at least somewhere in their top 10 most anticipated.

seems to give off a bit of Chainsaw Man energy

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

You left out one.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mordja posted:

You left out one.

Subaru looks pretty distinct from the others to me.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Stink Billyums posted:

the beginning is pretty funny, but after it uses up the obvious jokes of osamu dazai as an anime protagonist it becomes a lot more standard isekai.

That's unfortunate, but I'll at least give it a chance. I've got 10 shows of interest this Summer, so if it turns out dull I can drop it and still have plenty to watch.

One thing I am not dropping in the forseeable future is Train to the End of the World. (I still think the more direct translation Where Does the Doomsday Train Go? is a better title for the show.) The start of this story is fascinating to me, the animation and music are first rate, the characters quirky without being over-the-top (so far), and I'm looking forward to how this tale develops.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

alright so the first ep of Train to the End of World is some extremely bizarre poo poo and is way too on-the-nose with le 7G bad but you know what, i love extremely bizarre poo poo so it's got my attention for the rest of the season

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Dainanaoji (Reincarnated as 7th Prince) ep1

fun OP reincarnation royal road show
Has more budget than expected, i did read the manga adaptation chapters which had pretty bad art. But show seems to give the magic and fighting a much needed push up. Never heard of the studio doing this, looks like a new one. Will continue watching since the manga chapters didn't really get far.

Re;Monster ep1

the most boring isekai cheat is probably 'copy every skill' cheat, its just a way to keep making up scenarios and go 'and so the mc copied this skill last chapter that turned out to be useful and win'. Also, not a fan of the diary style narrative, but the anime could cut a lot of the fat by skipping a lot of the grinding chapters. Already know what happens, so just gonna be about presentation. Which doesn't seem much, gonna give it two more episode.

Gods Game We Play

eh, we really peaked in mini-game challenges anime with No Game, No Life, and that one esper-ish anime title which escapes my head atm. Nothing has come close since. Will give another episode. Since episode 1 was just introductions.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

alright so the first ep of Train to the End of World is some extremely bizarre poo poo and is way too on-the-nose with le 7G bad but you know what, i love extremely bizarre poo poo so it's got my attention for the rest of the season

train show opening with pushing the 7g button turning japan into abstract art then cutting to a sun bear talking with a capybara is so insanely my type of vibe i was pretty much in at that point. very promising start.

also lol at i can't go with you because reasons

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wtf....

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the first strand-type yuri anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Does Roshidere have anything going for it besides being a vehicle for Sumire Uesaka to speak Russian? The art looks nice, but it lucked into some really weird release timing regarding current events.