Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Doodles posted:

Seconding. Also, while I'm not a big kaiju person, all of my friends who are are salivating for Kaiju No. 8. And most of the listings I see online are putting it at least somewhere in their top 10 most anticipated.

Oh that's premiering on X, the site formerly known as Twitter, right?

With Imagine Dragons on the ED?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057533

Anybody order a spiced wolf?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

It's a very lowkey story in general that basically lives and dies with the duo trading barbs and developing their relationship, with most drama arising from them reckoning with with how different their lives are going to play out between a normal human and an immortal wolf god.

The original anime also had a pretty languid pace, especially compared to modern LN adaptations, which was a part of its appeal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

DurosKlav posted:

I watched Re:Monster before I read about the future issue here. But I did find it interesting that the MCs overpowered skill actually came from his previous life and not from his new life like it would in every other isekai.

yeah i bet that'll have a real tangible goddamn impact huh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We have Frieren and Dungeon Meshi now

You don't have to settle for this stuff lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ernie also loving sucks poo poo in 30, to the point that it's actively repelled me from his own series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, he's isekaied and because in his show, there aren't any real mecha anime, he can't actually geek out over what's there, more the ideas and tropes and it's kinda lame. He also kinda ruins the Gridman plot line with his bullshit.

E: And it's not that being isekaied is bad, Rayearth is also in the game, but in 30, the girls were isekaied from the world of 30 and are isekaied back. Ernie is isekaied to K&M from his "real" world and then isekaied once again into the world of 30, not really much of a fan of him being from like a "higher" meta plane of reality if that makes sense.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean also aside from that he's annoying as gently caress. Like it's fine for Akane, I get that, but I don't need him using it to go "ha ha robot anime!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The main character of Re:Monster looks like a shitpost someone made with one of those character bases that were popular on Deviantart

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GateOfD posted:

First two episodes of Banished Former Hero Lives As He Pleases done.

really bad at trying to hide former hero status and gives it away like less an a minute after he steps out the house, and speed runs the bingo list of every fantasy isekai anime setup.

Completely unexpected from the anime with an SEO buzzword title, I'm shocked

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

haypliss posted:

Sad to see the ReMonster OP take up all the air this week when stuff like this is out there going uncommented on.

https://files.catbox.moe/2hbevt.mp4

The last frame being The One loving City is so good, perfect punchline

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

they look more inbred to me

same thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/vestenet/status/1777848789497180390

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I ate some bad food and got a Viral Hit making me into a Wind Breaker

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

The omegaverse anime isn’t actually very good beyond the sheer novelty of the deep internet escaping its prison and making it onto television

the what

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Omegaverse is mpreg for people who are addicted to worldbuilding

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Go start a new real estate bubble then

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One Piece

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Some of Yuasa's stuff also kinda goes into rubberhose-type movement at times

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One Piece....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Palencia and Tatum voiced the characters in the original anime, much like in the Japanese

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tabletops posted:

cant imagine playing a konosuba inspired dnd campaign, sounds incredibly cursed and also cringe

May I interest you in a rousing game of The Slayers d20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tabletops posted:

honestly if you had told me it was imagine dragons i would have believed you. it just sounds like mall music.

That's the best part!

https://twitter.com/KaijuNo8_O_EN/status/1763037464351096988

It's written by the Imagine Dragons guy!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Their original writing is usually pretty cheeks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My breakdowns happen all the time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/baguettezero/status/1785196456971772056

MAPPA is so back

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Wow, the 6th episode of The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases was a masterclass in cliched writing. We had an evil villain going "Since you're about to die I guess it won't hurt to explain our evil plot to you!!" which someone secretly recorded and then replayed in front of the entire town to expose the real villain who shouted "You've ruined our evil scheme!!!" followed by a maniacal laugh. Later on when the hero-in-training was about to die the protagonist suddenly appeared out of nowhere to block the killing blow, looking back over his shoulder with a wink and saying "Sorry I took so long". The real mastermind (the protag's father) then fought it out with the protag but was easily defeated, so he surrendered his humanity to demonic forces for a power boost which somehow created a giant blue laser shooting up into the sky which formed a ring of dark clouds which spread out over the town. The protag then duked it out with his father in a metaphysical realm of memories which ended with his father realising that his defeat meant that the protag had fulfilled his destiny as a true Hero so his beloved wife's dying wish had actually come true, and as he started to turn to dust and blow away in the breeze he had a tear in his eye and a smile on his face, and a glowing butterfly representing his dead wife's spirit landed on his finger just as he finally crumbled away to nothing. The king then offered the protag a peerage, which he politely declined

It was genuinely the most cliche-ridden piece of media I've ever consumed, I'm actually impressed

You made it to episode 6 of a show called that and you're surprised that it's generic poo poo?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/RinSS_HI/status/1786863033500754140

I guess I gotta watch the Jellyfish show huh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/1787268257973407745?t=Dnr9xZmPckCdzje2GDkNeg&s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Today on Jellyfish: the fabled 30-year old idol.

The age of 30 is in demand.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jKpKCMKNs&t=7s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Character preview video for Code Geass Roze of Recapture is... something.

https://twitter.com/GEASSPROJECT/status/1790215463852753104?t=26sDXWET6u02Te2DfqfaMg&s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQsRbjX6aU

Yeah that's definitely a Code Geass design.

Even from beyond the grave, no one does it like Takahiro Kimura

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This fellow is a terrible criminal, yet he seems to think it's all some kind of joke....very disturbing...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Indiana_Krom posted:

After playing the Arkham games for to long, it isn't Joker if it isn't Mark Hamill doing the voice work.

I mean, after the next Crisis on Infinite Earths movie, you're probably not gonna be getting any of that anymore. Mark is stepping away from the character For Real Now after Kevin passed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is also specifically why they're villains because a lot of these ops are super illegal and if they get caught the government can go "that wasn't us that was The Joker, you know how he is"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

like the batman villains that should be in the suicide squad are like. clock king. mad hatter. firefly.

Professor Pyg

Speaking of, my introduction to Pyg was Beware the Batman, where he's literally just a completely different character so loving imagine the shock seeing him in Arkham Knight more accurate to the comics lmao