Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I watched most of the old S+W but dropped it when it felt like the umpteenth episode where there was definitely going to be some character or plot progression, only then no, nothing changed and they were still in the same city.

FWIW, I loved the original Kino's Journey and felt it held up on a rewatch just a few years ago, so I don't think it was just the slower pacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Episode 1 of Sentai Daishikkaku (Go! Go! Loser Ranger!) was pretty good. I had no idea what it'd be about and it turns out a Putty from Power Rangers Dragon Rangers decides he's sick of losing and takes on human form to infiltrate Rangers academy which is a fun hook.

I hope it can keep it up, because that was a phenomenal first episode.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

GGLR isn't wasting any time before putting in another bunch of hooks. I'm tempted to jump into the manga but I'm not a fan of starting ones with unknown end dates.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Someone please bring it over, I want to give them my money.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I burned through all available episodes of Yatagarasu yesterday. Given that I like it more than Apothecary Diaries, what else should I watch?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Southern Cassowary posted:

what did you like about it? it's on the watch list but i haven't found time yet.

Palace intrigue where the characters have reasonable motives (even the ones opposed to the crown prince) and want to do something within their (usually pretty constrained) socially acceptable niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

no you're right, it starts as the former but turns into the latter pretty quickly iirc

I guess I could do a rewatch if I get really desperate, but I was hoping for something with a bit faster pace. I recall the character development was fantastic but there were quite a few episodes on each arc.

ETA: Raven of the Inner Palace was quite recent. Who here watched it?

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 15, 2024