Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

at least one of them is kirito but damned if i can tell which

pretty sure this chart contains zero Kiritos

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wouldn't count Brotherhood as a "remake" in the way we tend to use that phrase, it's just an adaptation of the same material that focused on being faithful to what the original adaptation didn't cover and condensing the parts that it did.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also, The Thing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Clarste posted:

Oh, is the new The Thing good? I wasn't even slightly interested but I do like the original.

Apologies for the confusion, I was not saying The Thing (2011) is a good remake of The Thing (1982) (I have heard it is not), I was saying that The Thing (1982) is a good remake of The Thing From Another World (1951)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

no i think it's just, generic

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

Omegaverse is mpreg for people who are addicted to worldbuilding

Lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't tell if you're joking

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I legitimately don't hate the song, it's dumb in a way I find charming, but the visuals are... not good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm unfamiliar with the terminology, I assume it's not good though

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tales of Woe posted:

2nd key animators are the people who help the key animators finish their cuts when they dont have enough time. ideally you wouldnt need them at all so it's kind of a barometer of how rushed the production is, though you'll see them on most shows these days. but 50 on one episode is pretty extreme.

ah, I see, thanks

yeah that's... wow

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're kinda overplayed I guess but I like em fine

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yuri is in the eye of the beholder

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

okay

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Five episodes into Kaiju No. 8, the OP is definitely coming across as a weird choice. Completely disregarding any discussion of the actual song's quality, the OP implies a much more downbeat and serious show, when in actuality it's a pretty bog-standard shounen in terms of tone. Hell, it's probably more outright comedic than a lot of other action series I've read/watched.

Also the show is... fine. Not really grabbing me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what if crime... was funny?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

feels like they've been giving Da Joker a lot of promo for someone who presumably isn't even like a major character in the meat of the show, I don't think he's in the isekai part

e: but that's not all that surprising because he's the loving joker

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

anyway i disagree that harley designs only get worse because they absolutely cannot possibly get any worse than arkham asylum

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arc Hammer posted:

He wanted to retire from doing Joker back after Arkham City in 2011 because it was literally destroying his vocal cords. Now we're hearing what happened to his voice after that retirement didn't pan out.

Yet another reason to hate Arkham Knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I am three episodes into Voice Actor Radio and this show seems cool