Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
well train anime certainly has an interesting concept. I can't believe _7G_ would do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Probably nothing, but in Train to the End of the World, they specifically mention people in their village turn into adults at or after 21 years and 3 months. That's 255 months which is either coincidentally arbitrary or their age in months doing some kind of bit flip which makes them become animals

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ghost sex posted:

21 years and 3 months (give or take a few weeks) is approximately 7777 days

Oh, that's probably it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Bartender - First ep seems good so far. I do like learning about bartending stuff despite not being as much of a drinker so this appeals to me, even if it's a pretty slower paced sort of drama.

This is kinda lmao though

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Tonari no Youkai-san: Oh cool one of those "wait, I read some scans of this obscure manga years ago and it was fantastic" moments.

Yeah. It was a great manga but scans were dropped for whatever reason. Also it was fairly slow place iirc, but that's the vibe it's going for which is fine. I wanna find out what kind of ayakashi the car faced thing is though.

Have a cucumber horse btw

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Euphonium S3 has begun and the realignment to the LNs is proceeding apace.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Phi Brain: Puzzle of God?

That was a neat series IMO and aired in the same NHK slot that Log Horizon would later air in. Also decent amounts of gay subtext befitting a show with shonen vibes oriented towards young boys

Edit: Second ep of Train anime and we're about to get into the spooky poo poo it seems.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Appraisal Isekai ep1: The main character tries to defeat racism for the sake of his future right hand man. Yes, he is dark skinned and yes, he is serving the light skinned main character.

How Ars sees the characters' stats is different and less well organized compared to the manga and I presume the LN, and I'm unsure if this version seems cheaper than if they had done the full panel pop-ups like the manga.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Appraisal isekai makes me want to play a kingdom building sim.

But yea the way they just superimpose the character stats into the background is messy and disorganized isn’t it.

The series is very much "What if the MC's powers was to be a Kingdom Building Game player" i.e. Nobunaga's Ambition or Crusader Kings.

This is what it looks like in the manga for reference:
(some of the stat names are wrong due to translation error)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Phi Brain is also very insane in a good way.

It's all of the insane highs of a typical shonen toy series like Beyblade or YuGiOh, but without an obvious toy to sell. Just straight shonen fever dreams over increasingly elaborate puzzles.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

mysterious disappearances - i always like these creepypasta urban legends series, this one's a bit ecchi so ymmv

It's true to the source material then. It is certainly a creepy series in a good way and this one also has a train that goes to hell.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Mysterious Disappearances ep1

lol @ the OP. Wonder if all the cursed objects are gonna be book themed, since the main characters work in a bookstore, or if it will be a bunch of different stuff. Reminds me that I should probably jump back on Dark Gathering

If you don't mind some of this being spoiled, the simple answer is: No

Bartender ep 2: This is the second series that I've seen the bullshot in which is kinda funny, but it is a very novel drink in that it's both a savory drink and one that can be served warm so I can see why a writer would pick up on it as something to include and show off. I think the recipes I've seen of it are served cold though, like a Bloody Mary.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Post+AV Combo.

What show is that, anyways? Wonder if it will actually say some more about wealth inequality or if it will resolve it with a nebulous "this is a question our future generations must solve"

It's from Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru/Reincarnated Aristocrat

It's a long term goal for Ars, but the anime isn't going to get to a point where he can actually implement those ideas outside of his County which is not much more than a few thousand people at most iirc. The scanalations only just now reached a point where his title has increased and thus the scope of his power is broader, but obviously he's still operating in the Feudal framework. No idea where the LN is at though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yeah, that's just the wavelength the author is on and it's toned down compared to his previous work

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I feel the opposite about this season. There's definitely a few shows I want to keep following, but some others aren't interesting enough for me to keep going. Like if I don't want to watch as soon as I'm able, it definitely doesn't feel like it'll get watched at all.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Oh right the Tonari one

Yeah, this one has a BMW Tsukumogami and in their world he not only had to get immigration paperwork as he was a german car, he now needs a driver's licenses to drive around by himself (as himself)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Honestly what surprised me more was that he was only 40 rather than the traditional 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Apparently Precure is doing a crossover with Crayon Shin-Chan next week

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/pr/contents/20240518_12821.html

https://twitter.com/oricon_anime_/status/1789203792967454958?t=hcAmq2vl2pu4wqHEjHIKDQ&s=33