Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The new Gate a follow up to that original show about the JSDF gunning down fantasy races with machine guns and tanks like its Stargste SG1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gonna stick with Dungeon Meshi, probably check out Konosuba and maybe the bartender show. Otherwise I think I'll take a break this season to watch some other stuff I've been meaning to see.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I liked when the Hell Lord from Tis Time For Torture Princess went on his Isekai Adventure and beat this guy up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sinky posted:

How can the same poo poo happen to the same guy 9 times

There's a truck driver with a vendetta against the guy.

I swear there has to be a detective story out there about a P.I. tracking down a rogue truck driver with no plates who keeps targeting random teenagers while not realizing the isekai reincarnation happening with each kill.

And if there isn't then there should be.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 1, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I have zero intention of watching Re:Monster but I had to laugh at the OP when I saw it on twitter. The song is bad enough but the "monster drool" is not monster drool.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The waltz beat from the first OP works better imo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Side by sides are reminding me of Berserk 97 vs the Golden Age films.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

symbolic posted:

technically if you really think about it Holo isekai'd herself into Lawrence's wagon

Travelling by wagon is another world from walking everywhere.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I may try this train show. It's not the Shinkalion Mecha Train show, right? The other one?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/BonVantius/status/1775025808211603794?t=gC8cNp37r5owBUoHVVVWcQ&s=19

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mid 2000s to early 2010s digital painting has a certain style to it. It's more refined than the early digipaint days of the early 2000s. My biggest takeaway from the 2024 pictures is that everything feels kinda washed out and overly soft.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Tohkamiya/status/1774847434700542127

DING DING DONG LIKE KING KONG. Also questionable drool what the gently caress is this opening.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Posting contradiction calling the Beast Wars rap both peak and bad when it is clearly just peak.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Some OP likes the Ocarina of Time flypast

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
From what I heard someone got a French sub and then translated it into English.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope that someone scrambles to license Girls Band Cry before next week like what happened with Bravern. The clips I've seen look nice, animation sorta reminds me of DreamWorks TV show spinoffs of their movies, oddly enough. Not a bad thing though, I like the character animation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

symbolic posted:

absolutely astounded by the multiple posts that said this season was looking to be weak

I've got a few to pick at now that some impressions are coming in.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Like in a good way or?

They're certainly unique.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
ONAs are the way to be.

Or they were for a short time before the definition got skewed by direct to streaming anime.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Post+AV Combo.

What show is that, anyways? Wonder if it will actually say some more about wealth inequality or if it will resolve it with a nebulous "this is a question our future generations must solve"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1779902507335975183?t=nR48b64xdAOUh2dvV8uzqw&s=19

Not too familiar with either leads but okay.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arist posted:

I can't tell if you're joking

I'm being genuine. I haven't watched as much stuff dubbed as you might think given how much I enjoy English voiceovers. Apparently I've heard the guy as Zarbon in DBZ Kai and as Sir Hammerlock in Borderlands 2 but thats about all that jumps out at me from his filmography. Looks guess Brina was Mad Moxxi in Borderlands too and they both voiced Holo and Lawrence in the first adaptation of Spice and Wolf, which I haven't seen either.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watched the OP for Kaiju No.8 and it felt like someone time traveled from 2007 and saw all those "X if it released in 2007" Linkin Park edits and decided to take it as a challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFjI21M9wZs

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 20, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Spaghetti hair.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's a technical flex in the GoHands catalog competing in a tournament bracket of one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I haven't watched a single show by them but their dedication to the method is endearing. Separated from the art are any of their shows worth checking out from a narrative standpoint? Or is it more like Ex-Arm* where the animation and writing are equally bad?

*I'm aware Ex-Arm was a different studio and had much bigger problems like hiring a showrunner who had never done anime before.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 25, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tales of Woe posted:

2nd key animators are the people who help the key animators finish their cuts when they dont have enough time. ideally you wouldnt need them at all so it's kind of a barometer of how rushed the production is, though you'll see them on most shows these days. but 50 on one episode is pretty extreme.

Or to an even greater extreme, the G-Witch finale had almost 100.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1785227168387141900?t=iXUXgENw9XWLszBqofrh9g&s=19

Might as well subtitle this one Melodrama: The Anime with a director/writer pair like Fukuda and Okouchi. And Kohei Tanaka is a killer composer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Endorph posted:

tbf fukuda does have dendoh under his belt, and he wasn't lead director but he had a pretty high level position on exkaiser. he can do classic super robot stuff too.

Oh I wasn't saying that the pair was a bad mix. I'm saying it's gonna go hard on the Melodrama and I'm here for it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What is it supposed to be, aside from gorgeous? Anime original or adaptation?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yoasobi is fine. I don't really care much for their OPs but they're not offensively bad or anything.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Character preview video for Code Geass Roze of Recapture is... something.

https://twitter.com/GEASSPROJECT/status/1790215463852753104?t=26sDXWET6u02Te2DfqfaMg&s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQsRbjX6aU

Yeah that's definitely a Code Geass design.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1791409958501621905?t=6yCxbsMCBBVWAf3t58OfOQ&s=19

Hmm this new Joker character feels awful familiar.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He wanted to retire from doing Joker back after Arkham City in 2011 because it was literally destroying his vocal cords. Now we're hearing what happened to his voice after that retirement didn't pan out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stink Billyums posted:

when they had that big event that rebooted all of the dc comics

(Yeah I know it was New 52)