Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
train to the end of the world is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
still thinking about their different run animations (especially akira's at the end) while shizuru is monologuing about all the horrible stuff that happened

https://i.imgur.com/YhyfOA1.mp4

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

alright girls band cry rules.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Lamo Hidive doesn't have subtitles up for Jellyfish in the Night sure do love streaming services not doing the basic stuff so I can watch a show

i thought i was going crazy and there was some secret new setting i couldn't find. good to know they're just stupid

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
correct

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i really like the bureaucracy around being a yokai, it's like some combination of going to the dmv and signing up for classes at community college

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

that's the good stuff. i need an episode that's just a 20 minute power point presentation about buchio's yokai 401k options

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
train episode 2 continues to be extremely good. the dialogue and character animation is phenomenal

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
list of actionable threats that are legal to commit against anyone who isn't watching Train to the End of the World:

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Zetsubou-san posted:

go go loser ranger is a fun show so far.

i love that people are still working these goobers into things 20 years later

i was hoping these were the 3 venezuelan guys that join the oinky doink baseball team in akiba maid war

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Tales of Woe posted:

loved the 2nd ep of jellyfish show, feeling more sold on it now

yeah i thought this episode was great. the rapport between the leads feels a lot better and it nailed the comedy bits along with the flashback.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

GateOfD posted:

Jellyfish ep2
lots of youthful screaming this episode lol. former idol girl as the actual airhead is funny. Show has a lot of freeze frame screenshot moments where I had to go back 10 secs to rewatch the reaction of the characters.

that one is good, but my favorite face is mei's creepy eyeball.

https://i.imgur.com/4QpWg3c.mp4

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

Mei's entire intro was fantastic. GOAT'd character this season

yeah she absolutely rules. the dissonance between the upbeat piano piece and the poo poo she endures at the start of her flashback is probably the most striking scene of the show so far for me.

honestly her piano room kind of creeps me out in general. the way every shot is framed so she's enclosed by the freaky industrial walls and door, the giant piano dominating the center of the room.

funny gif for example (because i didn't feel like screenshotting the sad piano room moments):

https://i.imgur.com/G6e6KDU.mp4

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

i just watched the second ep of jellyfish (much better than the first) and i need to know where i can get a copy of "composing made easy for gyaru: ultimate edition"

same. i'd settle for the basic edition as well

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
finally catching up on stuff from last week. it has a thread but everyone please watch train to the end of the world

https://i.imgur.com/PZlwtFv.mp4

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

Jellyfish ep 3: still really good and really flashy, Kiui feels GOAT'd this season already. eager to see where JELEE goes now that all the pieces are seemingly in place. vtuber discussion is henceforth allowed in adtrw as it's canon in anime now

wow, you can't just un-GOAT mei after one episode.

kiui spinning this chair half a dozen times when it doesn't look like it swivels is pretty sick though

https://i.imgur.com/67ymPQ7.mp4

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Arc Hammer posted:

Yoasobi is fine. I don't really care much for their OPs but they're not offensively bad or anything.

it's lame that they've stolen a new yotsugi op from the world

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Waffleman_ posted:

https://x.com/RinSS_HI/status/1786863033500754140

I guess I gotta watch the Jellyfish show huh

lol. i've fallen into my 2 episodes every other week viewing pattern but this is making me want to break the habit for jellyfish

Big Leg fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 5, 2024

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Chas McGill posted:

Really enjoying Tonari no Yokai-san. It has an interesting balance of charming slice of life stuff and drama. The world building is fun, like with how the Volkswagen-turned-yokai has to get a Japanese citizenship because he's a German car.

the part in this weeks episode where they're watching the news and it cuts to a feed of the international space station with a yokai astronaut hanging out on board is great.

i also love how the drama shifts between the most mundane stuff like getting your drivers license or trying to talk to a cute boy, and episodes about being cursed to hell by a snake ghost or accidentally getting teleported to another dimension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the train girls better form a band on one of their stops