Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Brutal Garcon posted:

I want to say bottom left is the Other Isekai'd Guy from fabiniku, other than that I'm lost. Bottom-middle mole guy looks familiar too.

Bottom middle is the Full Dive guy, which is VR game and not really isekai. And yeah that other guy isn't even a protagonist, the image has zero Kiritos, and the joke has been dead for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Not watching the new one out of a stupid principle, so my only additional input (yes the designs and modern aesthetic are worse per usual) is the new themes do not measure up.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
How does their omegaverse anime fit into this?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Sad to see the ReMonster OP take up all the air this week when stuff like this is out there going uncommented on.

https://files.catbox.moe/2hbevt.mp4

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is that meant to be a parody or something? It just seems pretty generic with excessive camera swooping.

I don't think it's wholly earnest, but it's also something they only did/can do because the show is using Unreal for the backgrounds.

Fullfrontal did a production thread that is what made me bother to check out the episode: https://twitter.com/fufuro_moe/status/1775385632208298156

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

Just because you can doesnt mean you should!

You could say this of the entire thing. Was interesting through the lens of that thread but I can't imagine watching more.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
My take on the big Windbreaker fight scene is that the backgrounds really stand out, and the swooping around ends up emphasizing a disconnect between that and the animation that still feels very 2d in framing. The two parrts don't really mesh into something that I like.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The actual important tweet in that thread.

:carol: Yurieguchi confirmed. :carol:

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1776350842548896228?s=19

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Love that Ranger Reject is just fully recycling Tiger & Bunny aesthetics with the same announcer VA and composer.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The actual OP is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3DpgLXe0yY

The first episode, much more mixed. But I felt burned by Z after OG was so good, and there's lots of little stuff about this that is understandably different (trains are for TEENS now). Not sure why the episode needed to include a flashforward fight with the main trio, when burning that time means the episode ends abruptly on a cliffhanger before the actual first fight that ERDA takes on. Also for some reason we are doing a Metaverse gimmick. The ERDA crew look a bit boring but apparently they have all been given promo material so hopefully we'll get a cast as rounded as OG's and same for whatever later villains come into play. Would also love to have an episode count on this one since another big strength of OG was having a frankly ridiculous 18 month run vs Z's <1 year.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Glad Disappearances got picked up, I'm just hoping it doesn't end up as disappointing a production as Dark Gathering.

Dylan16807 posted:

Discord image URLs expire and break after a few days, by the way, so I put these on imgur.

Their ephemeral beauty, gone. I suppose I could be a bit more archive minded though, thanks.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm not sure where you got that but no.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You can blame Supernatural.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Pan Dulce posted:

Anyone know when the heck Prince Without a Servant: The Chronicle of Yatagarasu is going to stream in the US? I can't find it anywhere.

CR never listed a date for it so nope, but it'll appear at some point.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Julias posted:

Ep 1 and 2 were both uploaded to crunchyroll 2 hours ago

:catstare:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

The Yatagarasu character designs are insane.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

Like in a good way or?

They're certainly unique.

Well as much as aesthetics are subjective I thought posting made it self-evident. They own and bring to mind classic shoujo, artists like Akihiro Yamada etc. The setting definitely doing some of the lifting in that regard but they still stand on their own.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The structure of Tonari no Yokai just seems to be kinda weird. Like we get to have this overarching mystery of Mu's dad and the Shadows but the same episode doesn't want to give any build up or weight to interpersonal drama with Rain and Ryo or Buchio and Yuri. I'm sure those storylines will continue to get more material but their bumps this week did seem very flatly portrayed and solved compared to the other stuff.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Banking hard on TPBon, and not just because it would be funny if it was really good after Bones flubbed their anniversary project.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You already forgot about ReMonster, huh.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They're mostly lame as choices so obviously made to curry international appeal, same as can happen when you get an anisong artist showing up too frequently in stuff.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm optimistic about the season still but definitely have stuff hanging on the edge.

Good to great:
Ranger Reject, Yatagarasu, ShuuTrain, Tonari no Yokai, Mysterious Disappearances, Jellyfish

Blood pacted into watching:
Oblivion Battery (this seems awful and I would normally drop it), Black Butler (very funny), Shadowverse/Shinkalion (fine so far)

Could drop:
Kaiju #8 (already read it), Astro Note (inconsistent ig), Wind Breaker (often too generic)

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Caphi posted:

Of all the (many, well-known) things about GoHands, I cannot explain the reaction I have to how they draw hair.

Starting with negative seems easy enough.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Masterful Cat is a good sol and SYD was a pretty popular comedy back when it was running.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

symbolic posted:

Jellyfish is still ftw

I'd still bet against her, girl couldn't handle school when people just didn't share her hobbies.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Really not sure why they're making that one, it's completely choked out by awful "humor" and the whole premise was already done recently (and better) by Re-Main.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's a "sequel" (series has always been vaguely episodic) to Mononoke, which is an original series.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I will not be abandoning Kimiko Ueno. Also the recent ep balancing recurring squid puns, a payoff to the love hotel gag, and a surprisingly sweet crossdressing plotline puts it firmly back into Good territory.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Moribito and Ooku are the first to come to mind, though Ooku's (incomplete) anime adaptation isn't ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Raven of the Inner Palace is much closer to Apothecary Diaries, though the cases are supernatural. There is some larger maneuvering in the court tied to some of the episodic cases, but given the length of the series it doesn't have room to do much, and mainly focuses on ending off with a nice cap for character relationships in a smaller cast. Definitely something I'd normally rec if someone enjoyed Maomao or Saiunkoku, just didn't think it fit as well if the criteria is more focused on backroom meetings and maneuvers.