Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Doodles posted:

Seconding. Also, while I'm not a big kaiju person, all of my friends who are are salivating for Kaiju No. 8. And most of the listings I see online are putting it at least somewhere in their top 10 most anticipated.

seems to give off a bit of Chainsaw Man energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Dainanaoji (Reincarnated as 7th Prince) ep1

fun OP reincarnation royal road show
Has more budget than expected, i did read the manga adaptation chapters which had pretty bad art. But show seems to give the magic and fighting a much needed push up. Never heard of the studio doing this, looks like a new one. Will continue watching since the manga chapters didn't really get far.

Re;Monster ep1

the most boring isekai cheat is probably 'copy every skill' cheat, its just a way to keep making up scenarios and go 'and so the mc copied this skill last chapter that turned out to be useful and win'. Also, not a fan of the diary style narrative, but the anime could cut a lot of the fat by skipping a lot of the grinding chapters. Already know what happens, so just gonna be about presentation. Which doesn't seem much, gonna give it two more episode.

Gods Game We Play

eh, we really peaked in mini-game challenges anime with No Game, No Life, and that one esper-ish anime title which escapes my head atm. Nothing has come close since. Will give another episode. Since episode 1 was just introductions.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

No Wolf, No Life

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That just happens with shiny-haired isekai boys sometimes

is that the mecha isekai one, it not,
flashbacks to the MC of the isekai with the mecha otaku

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

guess I check out "Former Hero lives as he pleases"
get two episodes off the bat

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

that's a shame. what is his intro like in the game, is he just isekai'd in there too?

In SRW T, they surprisingly went thru the entire plots of like almost everyone, other than Cowboy Bebop, which was just there.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

It just doesn’t look as sharp as the original. Thankfully it’s all about the banter and the bgm seems just as good. Waiting final judgements till we get to the apple scene

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

if the original S&W wasn't there as a shadow for the remake, I would say "yea this looks like its gonna be a neat story and looks great" rather than "looks like its gonna be a neat story and looks fine".

just hope they let the scenes breathe instead of just rushing from dialogue piece to dialogue piece

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Chloe is an anime original yes, I don't see the connection that the changes they made is because of a conspiracy its marketed towards isekai watchers rather than just cause they decided to do it that way.

the only thing i truly missed that they cut down on from the original is the very first Lawrence scene.
When Lawrence is stopped by the guards, in the original he explains a process of trade and credit he's doing with the pelts for another product. Here, they just go right into asking about the festival and religion stuff.

I liked the original setup because it shows the viewer "look he is a merchant" and shows he actually has some expertise in economics and trade, rather than him just saying "i'm a merchant. okay, move along"

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Fruits Basket

probably FMA: Brotherhood

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think the last 6-7minutes is actually a bit stronger in S&W (2024)
Yarei drunkenly and strongly denouncing Holo to Lawrence with the string music, then meeting Holo after who probably heard it all cause her hearing is OP was done well

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

blame everything on cgi

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

that one gets about 2-3 episodes

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

First two episodes of Banished Former Hero Lives As He Pleases done.

really bad at trying to hide former hero status and gives it away like less an a minute after he steps out the house, and speed runs the bingo list of every fantasy isekai anime setup.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

symbolic posted:

lol that that's the second poo poo isekai that i know of that Studio DEEN made this season

oh it is Studio DEEN lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bartender seem to be starting strong right away.
Don't feel lost at all even though its been ages. Gonna keep watching and pretending I understand the drinking.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bartender also a remake. Thought it was gonna be continuation.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Salad Bowl time.
Pretty fun first episode. Some of the beats remind me of Maou-sama is a Part-Timer. And the cast will probably keep growing.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 5, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Good to know.

Elf Bride ep1 boring, and the character designs look terrible. Dropped

A Condition Called Love ep1, reminds me of Skip and Loafer, will keep at it.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 5, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Picking up Astro Note to my list, never read maison ikkoku, the humor does seem a bit retro style
But I do like these "live in boarding house job" type setups.

Feel like its a waste for a chef of his experience level to just do breakfast for a share house, but if it includes room, it be good to for him to just do breakfast and get another job for the rest of the day.

Wondering if 250yen budget per person for meals is good enough, but it is just breakfast. So about 1250yen for a meal for 5 people, I guess considering price of raw ingredients, it can be do-able. Eggs and bread can be used for multiple days and is cheap, ect.

Not sure where its gonna go with the aliens thing, wouldn't mind if it was just a regular gig anime, but don't mind that its there.

--
Irregular at Magic High School S3 ep1 also out today. Been a while, don't have hopes for it, since the first two seasons was a very very chopped up adaptation with a ton of scenes and character moments cut that isn't the main two characters. Magic Jesus kind of gets too OP even for me at times, so a balance of the regular characters is kind of needed.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 5, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Wow @ river bathing shaming

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Highspeed Etoile, high speed into the recycle bin

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

inserting memes, must be a dub writer

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Like just jpn. audio track and no subtitles?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Jellyfish ep1 was pretty strong and ended on a good hook. Pretty modern show, everyone so hooked on their smartphones. Lots of egosurfing and googling.
Looking forward to the artist one getting some confidence and just finding a path and seeing the various members improve on their interest and talents together. Liked the halloween costumes.

Along with Astro Note, this season looking good on original shows.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

its done by the same studio that did Oshi no Ko, so they do have a track record on quality, so it isn't out of nowhere either.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

passing on both the spy shows.

Mission: Yozakura Family and Fable.

Not interested in the character cast setup of Mission. And I watched the jdorama of Fable and a few chapters of the manga, and the anime is just following the same thing, but what the hell, everything is so dark, I can barely see anything when its night time in the show.

this is the lighting whenever it turns night or they're in a dim room. This is what half the episode looked like.

Picking up Aristocrat with Appraisal isekai, and jumping back on Euphonium

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

picking the youkai one, passing on train
love the cat and the cucumber youkai. the softness of everything reminds me of Natsume Book of Friends

going for jellyfish and euphonium and passing on Girls Band

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

felt this season was already a winner with Spice & Wolf, Konosuba, and Demon Slayer

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gods' Game We Play ep2

Gonna drop this one, doesn't really have any stakes. And not interested in a contest of games show where I have to once again watch a slightly adjusted version of Tag, chess, shiritori, or other simple game with a hidden twist in it.

Chilling with a lv2 Super Cheat Isekai. ep1

keeping this one, easy going isekai with maxed out everything cheat with a voiced program helper. MC is an isekai not from japan, but just another fantasy world, so the isekai part just seems to be an excuse to teleport a character into a blank story slate. Vibe feels like its gonna be similar to Farming Isekai.

7th Prince Isekai ep2

Staying on it. Good new martial artist character.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

trying to fit in ep2 of Spicy Wolf before leaving for work.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

No Game No Life

there was one title that name escapes with God in the title.
God's Children or something. with esper powers.

Liar Game, don't think there's an anime though

Sweet Home for some korean mangas

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yea Problem Children is what I was thinking of

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Appraisal isekai makes me want to play a kingdom building sim.

But yea the way they just superimpose the character stats into the background is messy and disorganized isn’t it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

The series is very much "What if the MC's powers was to be a Kingdom Building Game player" i.e. Nobunaga's Ambition or Crusader Kings.

This is what it looks like in the manga for reference:
(some of the stat names are wrong due to translation error)

I like the 5* gacha like ranking the top of the character card which I didn’t notice if it showed in the show.
Maybe the show is trying to portray that the stats appear in his head intuitively and not a floating stat card.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Spicy Wolf drinking game.

rule #1. Take a shot whenever Holo refers to herself as the wise wolf

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh sports anime.
cycling and baseball.

easy skips.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

konosuba wednesdays is back.
alot of new releases today.

looks like Viral Hit is the korean title this season to replace Solo Leveling.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the movie does actually cover a decent amt of source material and character content between the two seasons, yes. Practically Season 2.5 imo. Season 3 first 20 secs starts off with a small montage of scenes from the movie and references the events from it.
megumin spin-off is skipable

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

they should have a Darkness spin-off, doesn't seem to do much in the main series. But looks like we're getting her an arc now.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 10, 2024