Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

shuumatsu train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it also already has an anime from the 00s. presumably this season will cover different stories than the first?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the first strand-type yuri anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i dunno but it got delayed to next season anyway

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Motto posted:

new wolf sucks because her ears are too small

this

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

feeling grateful that this new wave of bad rap OPs hasnt touched any show i care about yet

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pork never goes bad posted:

Re Yuru Camp, I caught up on the first season and liked it a lot and I'm just starting the second season. My understanding is that it wasn't well liked and was even quite controversial - can anyone fill me in? I guess there's a movie too. Should I skip the second season or just be prepared for a drop in quality or something else?

its fine, theres no drop in quality really, it just has less camping and more tourism which made it feel a bit lesser than season 1

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

agreed, the new char designs and directing are fine but the backgrounds took a hit

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

astro note is pretty thorough maison ikkoku pastiche despite the sci-fi twist. it succeeded in making me want to return to my watchthrough of that instead

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Farter

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i will wait for non-MTL subs

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

usually the answer is as simple as some producer thought a girls racing franchise would be interesting, got the sponsorships, but didn't land a good anime staff.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hopefully someone will pick it up late now that theres some buzz, like with bravern or w/e

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

expelled from the anime forum for watching hijacked meme subs

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

symbolic posted:

e: also watching the end credits of Jellyfish and maybe i'm misreading but did CloverWorks, SHAFT, and ufotable all have guest animators in this? because if so, drat, it shows

you're probably seeing stuff like in-between animation and coloring/painting, studios tend to all work on each others shows on those to even out workloads

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tonari no youkai-san seems very good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i didnt watch the more recent one because it looked more like a side story but i suppose i will

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

seiyuu radio - "they hate each other! (yuri)" is usually good but this was sadly a pretty clumsy execution, couldnt get into it

unnamed memory - feels like the sort of thing that would have been a hit 10-15 years ago with better production & direction. i liked it even so, so i guess im a sucker for this sort of fantasy story, maybe a bit of romanticism is all the isekai shows are missing

mysterious disappearances - i always like these creepypasta urban legends series, this one's a bit ecchi so ymmv

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

definitely: shuumatsu train, tonari no youkai-san, euphonium 3, yurucamp 3, dungeon meshi
provisionally: jellyfish, mysterious disappearances, unnamed memory, salad bowl

i think my only remaining thing to check out is yatagarasu, which already aired but apparently has a 1 week delay for the CR subs

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

people liked the kaiju 8 manga for about as long as the anime is gonna cover, so should be pretty good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pretty much every anime from the 90s and 00s

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

loved the 2nd ep of jellyfish show, feeling more sold on it now

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

good or bad i appreciate netflix enabling all these little projects that feel like mid-00s anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah that one's dir. masahiro andou whos often very good (sword of the stranger, hanasaku iroha, blast of tempest, etc) so i have higher expectations for it than the average netflix thing

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the op looks like a graphics card ad

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they simply can't be stopped

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1783500525851603437

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

I haven't watched a single show by them but their dedication to the method is endearing. Separated from the art are any of their shows worth checking out from a narrative standpoint? Or is it more like Ex-Arm where the animation and writing are equally bad?

seitokai yakuindomo is a decent slice-of-life comedy if you like dumb sex jokes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

2nd key animators are the people who help the key animators finish their cuts when they dont have enough time. ideally you wouldnt need them at all so it's kind of a barometer of how rushed the production is, though you'll see them on most shows these days. but 50 on one episode is pretty extreme.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i liked the first episode alright, will watch more later. i think there's a second cour coming too

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

the drawings are low-res & upscaled and there's some sort of bad interlacing on them too, so you lose detail on the drawings.

lol did crunchyroll never fix this? if you can find a jp rip of the show it doesn't look like that

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pootybutt posted:

12 Kingdoms? EDIT: looking it up this seems like more of a fantasy isekai road trip thing, just that "palace intrigue" is the vibe I always got from hearing about it. Funny that

no you're right, it starts as the former but turns into the latter pretty quickly iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm really digging yatagarasu now that it's gotten rolling, it's a really well put together version of this type of political intrigue fantasy show