Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for March, 2024?
This poll is closed.
Maika (World of Stardom Champion) 1 1.59%
Blake Christian (GCW Champion) 0 0%
:krad: Katsuhiko Nakajima (FORMER Triple Crown Champion) 0 0%
Yuma Anzai (Triple Crown Champion) 5 7.94%
Jordynne Grace (TNA Knockouts Champion) 1 1.59%
:sora: Yuki Ueno (KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:notfunny: El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. (GHC Champion) 0 0%
Moose (TNA World Champion) 0 0%
:rant: Eddie Kingston (ROH World Champion) 7 11.11%
:shehuck: Luis Mante (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 0 0%
Miyu Yamashita (FORMER Princess of Princess Champion) 2 3.17%
:love: Miu Watanabe (Princess of Princess Champion) 17 26.98%
:krakken: Samoa Joe (AEW Champion) 24 38.10%
:byodame: Toni Storm (AEW Women's Champion) 2 3.17%
:acab: None of the Above 4 6.35%
Total: 63 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Athena's tremendous reign as ROH Women's Champion has continued to earn her plaudits in Punch Sport Pagoda, as in February she won the Champ of the Month Poll for the 4th time ever... and for the 4th time in the last 9 months! While Mayu Iwatani's heroic efforts to save one of the worst New Japan shows in years saw her gain a well-deserved second place, she was handily beaten by Athena who continues to reign atop ROH and isn't showing any signs of slowing down or facing defeat anytime soon. Tetsuya Naito second defeat of Sanada in the last two months was enough to get him the third place spot, making a Top 3 finish of ROH, New Japan (but technically Stardom) and New Japan. But while Naito's reign as now arguably the biggest star left in the promotion and Mayu letting people know just how good she is got them deserved plaudits, for now and forever February of 2024 belongs to Athena!

However, the top 4 finishers for February are NOT on the poll for March, so we're set for a new champ. So don't forget to vote!

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant - for instance, Athena (AEW), IYO SKY (WWE), Mayu Iwatani (New Japan), Rhea Ripley (WWE) and Roman Reigns (WWE) did not defend their titles this month and are temporarily removed from the poll. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you think does/doesn't deserve the votes of other posters in this thread.

Maika (World of Stardom Champion) - Maika put her title up against former champion Utami Hayashishita during the Cinderella Tournament, going nearly 30 minutes before beating the former champ and showing that she's no fluke, she belongs at the top of the promotion. With some of the turbulence of Rossy Ogawa's departure/"firing" settling down and a better idea of which wrestlers plan to stay and which to go (a "surprising" number seem happy to stay in Stardom), Maika can concentrate on being the champion and taking on all comers.

Blake Christian (GCW Champion) - Christian continued his seemingly endless line of title defenses with aother three in March. He defeated John Wayne Murdoch, Arik Cannon and Masha Slamovich in Illinois, Indiana and New Jersey respectively to wrap up March as still the GCW Champion.

:krad: Katsuhiko Nakajima (FORMER Triple Crown Champion) - Nakajima's short time in All Japan appears to have possibly come to an end, unless it's all part of a story. Going into his next title defense with his typical smiling confidence (some would say arrogance) he had every reason to suspect he would be coming out as champion. Instead...

Yuma Anzai (Triple Crown Champion) - The hope of (All) Japan! At only 24-years-old, the "super rookie" Yuma Anzai shocked the world by defeating the seemingly unstoppable Katsuhiko Nakajima, becoming champion barely a year since he debuted as a wrestler! How long can he hold it? Will Nakajima return for a rematch? How many All Japan veterans and visiting wrestlers from other promotions are salivating thinking the inexperienced champion might be easy pickings? There's a ton of scope for fresh matchups and storylines, and Anzai appears to have the talent to pull it all off.

Jordynne Grace (TNA Knockouts Champion) - Some familiar names returned to vying for the TNA Knockouts title now that Deonna Purrazzo and Trinity are gone. Tasha Steelz had two shots at Grace's title in March, including in a three-way involving Xia Brookside before her one-on-one match a couple of weeks later. Alone or with somebody else though it wasn't enough, as Grace continued her run on top as the Knockouts Champion.

:sora: Yuki Ueno (KO-D Openweight Champion) - After wasting his time in a title match in February against Danshoku Dino, Ueno had a much better time of it in March when he defeated HARASHIMA to main event Judgment for DDT. What was truly remarkable about this match was that it went for 20+ minutes at the end of a five hour show, and not only did he keep my interest personally in the match, but had the crowd biting on everything and living and dying with him throughout the match. The sheer confidence and poise that the young champion carries with him is really quite astonishing, but he also constantly backs it up in the ring.

:notfunny: El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. (GHC Champion) - Despite fears an injury might keep him out of title defenses after his baffling premature winning of the title from Kenoh, the son of the son of Dr. Wagner was able to make it to and successfully defend his title in a near 30 minute match against former champion Jake Lee to wrap up March in NOAH.

Moose (TNA World Champion) - Opening the month at Sacrifice with a win over Eric Young, Moose had an otherwise quiet month for title defenses AND appearances in TNA, mostly representing and defending the belt in other promotions, including a win over Demarcus Kane at WDWA Tough Luck.

:rant: Eddie Kingston (ROH World Champion) - Eddie hit the highest of highs at the start of the month before suffering some setbacks later in the month. Through it all he held onto the ROH Title however. At the start of the month, he defended his Continental Crown of the ROH World, NJPW Strong Openweight and AEW Continental titles in an incredible match against Bryan Danielson where pride and respect were also on the line. Bryan had mocked and taunted Eddie as the King of the Bums, a guy with great talent who had squandered it till too late in his career and whose win over Bryan was a one-off he couldn't repeat. Eddie, very carefully maintaining his temper until Bryan assaulted Jun Akiyama (an aggression that will not stand!), did not let it get to him, declaring that if he won their match Bryan would have to shake his hand. Shake it he did, Bryan tried to destroy Eddie's arm but could not bet him, and Eddie's victory saw him hold onto the title and gain the respect of a peer. He would lose the Continental title shortly after to the debuting Kazuchika Okada (nobody should feel bad about losing to Okada!) and goes into April prepared to defend his ROH title against friend and teammate Mark Briscoe.

:shehuck: Luis Mante (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - Luis Mante had his second title defense at the start of the month, having finally put Shun Skywalker behind him (for now at least) after winning the title in a match involving him and then beating him one-on-one. But while youth seems to rule in Dragon Gate, the older former champion Susumu Yokusuka wanted a shot at the glory he'd once achieved by beating Shingo Takagi 8 years earlier. Mante, dealing with a bad leg (and teasing an injury stoppage) was very much on the back foot as Yokusuka worked over the leg and tried to wear down the younger wrestler. But Mante prevailed, fighting through the pain and eventually putting down the older man to further cement his hold on the Dream Gate title.

Miyu Yamashita (FORMER Princess of Princess Champion) - Miyu may be the baddest, most kickass wrestler in TJPW (and most of the world) and she may have gone into Grand Princess just as powerful and badas as ever, and she may have no-sold some brutal moves in astonishing fashion... but in the end, even she couldn't kick her way through the power of L O V E

:love: Miu Watanabe (Princess of Princess Champion) ♪ Everybody! About pro-wrestling, do you like it? I love it! ♪ And what's not to love, especially when Miu Watanabe has FINALLY reached the top of the mountain in TJPW. She is the apex of a new wave of young champions (and the "old" champions are still pretty young and fresh too!) in Tokyo Joshi Pro, and her back is more than powerful enough to carry the entire company on it.

:krakken: Samoa Joe (AEW Champion) - WARDLOW stomped his way back into title contention with a series of good promos, the backing of The Undisputed Kingdom, and pure displays of power. He then strode confidently into a rematch with Samoa Joe, this time for the title, convinced that his prior chokeout loss to Joe would not be repeated. Joe, imperious and unconcerned, proceeded to a repeat of that prior match, taking everything WARDLOW threw at him and then choking him out to retain his title. Because Joe is a loving badass.

:byodame: Toni Storm (AEW Women's Champion) - For as wonderful as Toni Storm's deranged character is, the confusion over her feud with Deonna Purrazzo continues with the "heel" Storm beloved by fans and the "face" Purrazzo still struggling to be accepted by them. Storm's victory over Deonna didn't put a stop to it, with Deonna and Thunder Rosa teaming up against Toni and her protege Mariah May, who herself now appears on the cusp of a potential title shot too. Toni Storms reaction to this "betrayal"? Utter delight, a big kiss on the lips, and a scowling butler called Luther. I love professional wrestling.

:acab: None of the Above - If you think all champs are bastards, which I presume must be what this acronym stands for, or you just want to see the results, then None of the Above is the option for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

L

O

V

E

:love:

:woop:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

samoa joe

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

STING 64 posted:

samoa joe

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

lol at the idea of voting for anyone other than the Super Rookie, Yuma Anzai.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

lol at the idea of voting for anyone other than the Super Rookie, Yuma Anzai.

If the match wasn't Nakajima kicking the poo poo out of him for 20 minutes before Anzai hit two moves and won i'd go for him. As it is my vote is Miu pipping Ueno at the post, and that's only because the feelings of her winning the belt are a lot more fresh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I have been waiting so long for Miu to win the title and it seemed to finally come at exactly the right moment and I'm so happy, I couldn't vote for anybody else.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

none of these jabronés (that's hamies in french) bring me any joy except Timeless Toni Storm so shes getting the vote.

WHERES OKADA!!!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Seeing a lot of miss clicks. You can probably tell a mod that you accidentally checked the box below Miu and get it changed.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

STING 64 posted:

samoa joe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wagner 3

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

VOTE MIU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

none of these jabronés bring me any joy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s gotta be Roman reigns surely ?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Miyu Yamashita is my vote. Because she is cool and once, she once suplexed a teddy bear.

Which is more than you did today.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Miu

Sorry Eddie, but it won't be the first time you've lost to someone with a great giant swing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Can’t decide between joe and Toni

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JOE
JOE
JOE
JOE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One day in, four to go, and boy is it close! After leading for much of the first day, Miu Watanabe is currently one vote behind Samoa Joe. There's still a chance love could win, but Joe currently holds the advantage, and it's close enough that almost anybody else on the list could conceivably take the lead as well. Vote!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
just barely gotta give it to Miu this month, Joe continues to be terrific but her triumphant moment should be celebrated

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Me, a fool: Oh, of course I should go into the March Champ thread to possibly vote and to sticky it, surely nothing will happen to me, someone who has been avoiding Grand Princess results until I have time next weekend to sit and watch it all!

The top two were tough picks. I did a coin flip. A surprisingly enjoyable set of champs this month.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Yuma

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Me, a fool: Oh, of course I should go into the March Champ thread to possibly vote and to sticky it, surely nothing will happen to me, someone who has been avoiding Grand Princess results until I have time next weekend to sit and watch it all!

The top two were tough picks. I did a coin flip. A surprisingly enjoyable set of champs this month.

Oh no! Wish you could have seen the show unspoiled :(

2 days in, 3 to go, and Samoa Joe now holds a very minor lead over Miu. Can love prevail or will Joe gonna kill you? You being love. Love being Miu's hopes of winning... look, just vote okay!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lance Archer needs to team with Joe so they can say "Everybody dies, because Joe's gonna kill you."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would Samoa Joe do this? :smugbert:

The answer is yes, yes he would. But I think you should vote for Miu anyway! Or whoever you want, I'm not your dad. Also your dad shouldn't be telling you who to vote for either.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

Would Samoa Joe do this? :smugbert:

The answer is yes, yes he would.

he wouldn't emote nearly as fabulously :mad:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you dont know that

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

3 days in, 2 days to go, and Samoa Joe still holds a slight but consistent lead over Miu. Will L O V E conquer all or will Joe stomp all over TJPW and risk the wrath of fellow kaiju Shoko Nakajima? Vote!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

With one day left to vote it is still incredibly close between 1st and 2nd place with only 4 votes separating Samoa Joe and Miu Watanabe, get your votes in!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Down to the final hours, this is your last chance to get in your vote and show the L O V E

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Down to the final hours, this is your last chance to get in your vote and show the L O V E

Sorry J-ru, everyone has come to pay homage to the King of Television.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JOE
JOE
JOE
JOE
JOE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

L O V E did not prevail in March, as Samoa Joe slowly overtook TJPW's Miu Watanabe and then maintained his lead for the back half of the voting period, ending up with a slim but undeniable lead that marked him as The Hammer House: Stinger Splash Zone's Pro-Wrestling Champion of the Month for the 2nd time in 2024! Miu held a respectable second place, with ROH's Eddie Kingston rounding out the top 3, with All Japan's new Triple Crown Champion Yuma Anzai sitting close by in 4th place. But it was Joe's month, Joe's win, and Joe's victory to celebrate, as now and forever he will be The Hammer House: Stinger Splash Zone's Pro-Wrestling Champion for March of 2024!

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: A Modest Proposal :siren:

Let's eat babies I know there is some trepidation to adding the belt that Damien Priest currently holds (heretofore referred to as the World Heavyweight Championship) to the Pro-Wrestling Champion of the Month poll, with many seeing it as a tertiary title to the WWE Championship and WWE Universal Championship. I believe that, with Roman Reigns dethroned as WWE Champion and WWE Universal Champion, there should be an onramp for the World Heavyweight Championship to the monthly poll. I propose this: once the WWE Championship is defended earlier in a show than the World Heavyweight Championship is, the World Heavyweight Championship should be added to the poll as WWE has decided that it is worthy.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao i was gonna be like "The wwe world heavyweight title should be defended outside the US first" completely missing that it was debuted in saudi arabia and defended in the uk and saudi. has it really not been on any of the polls just because its the silly runner up world title? i dont think we refused to put the secondary universal title on the polls

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it should count imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's too many titles as it is (especially from WWE) and I'm not gonna add one that was literally made "because Roman can't be bothered to show up on the shows so we made a consolation belt for the losers who couldn't beat him". I asked in thread when it was first made and not a single person spoke up to say it should be included.

If I understand right from WOR/WOL, they still called Roman "the undisputed champion" for God's sake.