Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3PoBFNM1M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i am cis and straight but, i am also ugly

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i finished Dragon's Dogma 2 and since i don't really feel like doing another playthrough i am probably going to play some tekken

except there's maintenance tonight so who knows what will happen

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

cute
https://twitter.com/AggroCrabGames/status/1774850872935342243

I don't feel it's worth getting upset or worked up over april fools jokes, sometimes they're decent, sometimes they're stupid but result in a goofy actual manifested product, most of the time they're garbage. it's fine!

this one is funny

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i will say it lived up to my hopes for a sequel!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Why is everyone so mean to plucky lil Diablo 4

i paid $70 and played through the campaign at launch and had one of the worst experiences in an arpg i've ever had. it was very bad.

i'm going to assume the campaign is still really badly written because i doubt they would go back and make the story any better, all the changes have been to gameplay stuff and everything you do after the story.

season 2 i played a bunch of and had a decent time and now season 4 might be okay again but who can say for sure.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

I think yoship at least still raids, although his real character is unknown for obvious reasons

he plays black mage and is really really good at black mage, whenever he plays for a community event he is always top dps

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Endorph posted:

sure but its also like, idk. when its in this specific context and they're winning games for impact it feels like the entire western industry is reinforcing it

does it have to be a positive impact

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Guilty Gear

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s say you’re putting together a raid party. You have room for one more rando. You advertize, and get simultaneous responses from these four players. Who do you invite?

1) Zephiroth Gainsboro
2) Gokulord Weedlord
3) Asdf Asdf
4) Thisgame Suks

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i figured it was the same giant raven from dark souls 1

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kanfy posted:

Noclip's Pentiment documentary's out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIdgOBYwbc

another excellent documentary from noclip (i have only ever watched their FF14 1.0 documentary but hey that's 2 out of 2)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Dragonflight redesigned all the core game systems of WoW off the back of 2 back-to-back dogshit grind-a-paloozas expansions in Battle for Azeroth & Shadowlands.

It's in a really really good spot now to just jump in, play the game, and be rewarded - instead of doing extra chores on an endless treadmill.
Dragonflight will probably be remembered as one of the best expansions they've put out, and I'd probably rate it next to Wrath in terms of quality.

Season 4 launches April 23rd, and it's basically the victory lap season before the next expansion, War Within, as all the main story lines are now complete.

i hate to do this to Infinitum, cause he's a nice chap, but i did this exact thing of jumping into Dragonflight and giving it a go and unfortunately i was largely unimpressed.

i resubbed, bought the expansion and made an evoker, the new class that started at level 60 or w/e so i could jump right in to the latest expansion content right away. great! and i had a decent enough time leveling through the storylines of the various zones, that is still largely the same WoW i've always known. dragonflying is cool but i still missed the ability to just fly straight up if i wanted and hover and go afk. instead it was a struggle to get to high places, and i didn't want to "just spend an hour going through all the zones and getting all the glyphs at once" to unlock all the flying abilities cause i didn't want to skip ahead to zones i hadn't seen yet. i like to take things in the order that the game presents them, and this introduced another problem.

as i was going through the end of the leveling story and getting towards unlocking the endgame raids and stuff, at one point when i first logged in one day i was immediately shown a cutscene full of characters i had never met talking about things i had no idea of. it was a cutscene showing story progression from the most current raid, which i hadn't unlocked yet, and just confused the hell out of me. the game didn't care that i wasn't caught up, it showed that cutscene to everyone i assume. having come from several years of FF14 this was kind of a shock. the game was spoiling itself to me. there was another instance of confusing cutscenes involving the evoker/dracthyr starting area, which has some cool animatics as part of the story, but not all of them (they came out on youtube before the expansion launched, so i knew i was missing something) and that was confusing as hell too.

and even for non-story related stuff, there's a whole new crafting system that i tried to interact with but ultimately didn't get anything out of. there's a system to put up crafting orders to and for other players, but every time i tried to do my own, the order board was basically empty. i had joined too late in the expansion, nobody wanted crafted gear anymore. i think i tried queueing up for the first raid but since it was such old content i would have had to wait in the queue forever. the big cavern area that was supposed to serve as the endgame world quest place was also just a big uggh for me. i think i am good on ever doing world quests ever again.

i'm sure dragonflight is an amazing expansion from the perspective of: "i have just suffered through BfA and Shadowlands for years and they were awful. now i am here at the start of this new expansion and wow everything is cool and new again and nothing is horribly hosed up and stupid." but that doesn't hold up when you try to join late in the expansion, especially if you don't have a guild to give you reasons to keep playing. i gave up after running a couple of leveling dungeons for quest completion and felt just completely overwhelmed by the expectations of the other players there. the wow playerbase is the same as it has ever been, driven to do everything as fast as possible.

i dunno. i'm not going to bother with WoW probably ever again. even if/when they actually let me use that big fancy dragon i got with the collector's edition as a dragonflying mount. another post-blitzchung blizzard purchase i completely regret.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm a fan of the 1998 american godzilla. i thought he looked cool

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

WOOOOOOOOO

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah ok i'll play this game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah this was worth watching all 3 hr 45min of

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i downloaded fallout 76 and got about 51 minutes in and all it did was confirm that fallout is the actual most boring setting to me

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

trying to find anything interesting in the RPG category on steam and the only thing catching my eye is that there are way too many fallout games and this poo poo that doesn't belong in this category

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

monster (or girl) breeding games

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Midnight Suns on sale and it's a straight up blast. Between this and Guardians of the Galaxy there's been some mad good Marvel games

did they ever let you smooch anyone in that game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Getting really into For Honor in 2024.

intriguing! i played a ton of it in year 1 and haven't touched it in forever. i'm gonna have to check it out again assuming my ubisoft account didn't get hacked or anything

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i am going to buy sand land right away because fuckin hell i need something to play

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

2024 games i have played so far in 2024:

tekken 8
palworld
helldivers 2
dragon's dogma 2

not a long list and im mainly twiddling my thumbs waiting for Dawntrail. i played a bit of stardew valley but there's so much poo poo in that game now that it actually feels kind of stressful to play.

i'm hoping Sand Land can occupy my attention for a while

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lords of the Fallen has finished the NG+ modifier system update and it looks pretty sick. built in item and enemy randomizers, ironman mode, and other difficulty options like how many bonfires are active in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dlbw_NBDFM

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've watched four episodes of that Fallout show and hey, it's pretty good so far

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ive never even heard of Sable what is it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

you might be thinking of Project Zomboid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

that cat's lickin' 'is area again