Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I bounced off of dragdog2 to play unicorn overlord a second time. Vanillaware doesn't miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

I would simply just play Fire Emblem instead

there isn't a single fire emblem i haven't played at least twice. most of them many more times than that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

there's a crucial difference between FE and unicorn overlord. unicorn overlord is good.

fly away troll

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
imagine being a vanillaware hater

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Captain Invictus posted:

from what I hear, combat that is actually good

Eh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i like friction; dd2 is just kinda boring

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Unicorn Overlord is goty

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Calling it in April. I will be very surprised if it doesn't top my list in december

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
smh if you don't feel something special as your mind expands when you play with a thousand interlocking parts and build something unique and special out of them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Idc about Twitter drama involving the worst people in the world but I do wish that games would stop doing facial scans of celebrities as a gimmick. Games seem to be very insecure about the fact that they aren't movies. They should stop trying to be movies, because video games are better than movies

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fighting Elegy posted:

I agree but I think this doesn't go far enough. They should stop using microphones and voice acting too. Videogames should stop trying to be movies and just use wave generators to make little blips and buzzes instead of trying to ape hollywood.

im down

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I watch anime sometimes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Only just watching it now?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The main thing that makes me wince is the implication that the functionality of a card is spread over a bunch of different places. So if you want to add, debug, remove, or rebalance a card, you have to edit a whole bunch of tiny snippets scattered around the code base. I'm just imagining all the times they had annoying bugs to track down because they just had a typo in the name of a card somewhere.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
fire emblem engage is the best one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
thracia 776 is the second best one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My go(the first third of)ty is Unicorn Overlord, followed by Doom Eternal and then Lunacid

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
how do people have the energy to keep up with the meltdowns and bad takes of every loser on twitter

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fajita Queen posted:

I can't think of a situation off the top of my head where I'd prefer the flower to the feather

water levels, mostly

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All the money went into lara's hair

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's important to remember that Vanillaware never misses

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In UO's case specifically, I feel like they had a big idea about being able to tackle the continent in any order, which necessitated the story being kinda disjointed, but then the gameplay idea didn't work out and they were already halfway through writing it and were stuck. The characters also aren't super involved cause there's like 60 of them, but I feel like they did a good job with them given the limitations that imposes. I genuinely like most of the cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Khanstant posted:

As far as I could tell 13 sentinels was sad kids get into to the robot shinji'd with a twist that's even sadder.

it's not this