Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

haveblue posted:

Designers and directors aren't necessarily the best at the game because they don't actually spend all day playing it, they have other tasks

QA people will kick your rear end

I think yoship at least still raids, although his real character is unknown for obvious reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

get ready for it to be Okay

:yeah:, I don't get my hopes up for anything until reviews come out. I think it will still be good, mind you, but its not gonna capture the lightning in a bottle Hollow Knight was.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Pokemon is still good and fun but its always going to be aimed at kids and it should be. I do wish they would throw in something slightly harder for the not kids though.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s say you’re putting together a raid party. You have room for one more rando. You advertize, and get simultaneous responses from these four players. Who do you invite?

1) Zephiroth Gainsboro
2) Gokulord Weedlord
3) Asdf Asdf
4) Thisgame Suks

Its 1). 2) is close but they were unimaginative enough to have "lord" twice in their name. da fucks

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Shadow of the Nerdtree

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Randomly going to point out that you don't have to pay tipped employees minimum wage

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah season 2 of westworld was a real letdown -- the only good episode was the one with the native american host trying to find his wife again through all the resets and resurrections. Everything else got pretty dumb.

Though I lol'd pretty hard when the man in black's daughter caught up with him and she informed him of all the sex she had over in Rajworld :lol:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

mystery box storytelling sucks and it shows up because the writers don't have anything meaningful to say or themes to elaborate on

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

2 Dark 2 Furious

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

shoutout to the sonic movies for giving money to actors i generally like. Still won't watch you

:yeah:, its like taking money from a baby, which is fine by me

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Vermain posted:

the aughts were a truly dire cultural era

Absolutely -- there was some good underground stuff but the internet wasn't as widespread as today and post 9/11 American culture was loving dire

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

i haven't watched any of the sonic movies, does he kiss a human girl in one of them like sonic 06

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

God, I don’t know which of my video game accomplishments I should highlight on my dating app profile

Number of dating sims, obviously. Dates are into those who are experienced in the field of love

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

When you think about it, FF14 is technically a remake of itself

FF14 is honestly the best remake of FF6 that we are going go get

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I said come in! posted:

The orcs come to the Shire, but they come to blast heavy metal and drink, they trash the Shire with too much partying, and then leave. You have to clean it all up.

they also paint all the carts and horses red

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

You are.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

credburn posted:

Mario does not bleed!!

We just got our thread title for may

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

wizard2 posted:

are there people legitimately annoyed at the Balatro guy's success over the silly code or is it merely "heh! good for him!"

I recall the Regency Solitaire II devs seeming pretty irritated lol

The game works in the end with little to no bugs so its not a huge deal at the moment but it would be a lot of rework if people do find bugs in the future or the devs want to expand the game.

Also everyone who learns programming does this at least once in their career so its more cute than anything imho :3:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

barbiehorseadventurelikes

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

wizard2 posted:

Blizzard was finally going to eat Grinding Gear Games' tasty $1 bil a year lunch with Diablo 4 but woke had to happen, also China 😡

And there is definitely an audience for a more casual PoE, given that you need a doctorate to make a build in that game so its a lot harder for people to just jump in and play without digging through guides.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Dragon Age Origins was butt ugly even when it first came out. Poor Loghain's face looked like a melted candle.

I just liked how all the blood splatter stayed on the characters for a good long while so for every cutscene people were drenched with gore

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I hope that trimming just hits the bad AAA trend chasing slop and not the midbudget non FF RPGs they've been releasing that have been really good

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

The screenshots of battles look like my kind of gameplay

but then i see a screenshot like this and i think, "god i don't have the energy for this anymore"

I don't mind discount fire emblems no matter how anime it gets, given how much I hate where FE has gone after the Ike games

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Jesus, I'm sitting here trying to see Spy x Family and these loving theatre chains are forcing me to watch the goddamn Borderlands trailer. What did I do to deserve this?

Tell us who won in the battle of spy vs family

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

My favorite fire emblem knockoff I've played in the past few years is symphony of war, which is basically a combo fire emblem with ogre battle squads and a bunch of different classes you can level up your dudes in and it was a lot of fun

The story was generic as poo poo but it did have a big tittied mommy waifu paladin whose endgame power was to grow five times her size and stomp on people so that was something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

My rig isn't powerful enough to run that game