Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Join Geop, Vicas, and myself for

Important rumsfeld lore videos
YT Playlist

Ep 444432 - Maidenless and Loving It
Ep 002 - Patch Problems
Ep 003 - Right to remain silent
Ep 004 - Lore implications of Bear
Ep 005 - Crushing puz
Ep 006 - Royal BBQ
Ep 007 - What's that bird doing?

Unless you've been living under a rock you've probably heard of the masterwork that is Elden Ring. Released on February 25, 2022 by Armored Core creator FromSoftware, Elden Ring is a sekiro-like action game where your character has arisen from a sleep to fight dragons, demigods, and other big monsters with broken hitboxes and overpowered attacks. Defeating enemies allows you to customize your characters vocation by leveling up different stats, acquiring new skills, and upgrading weapons and armor. Fighting enemies alone can be pretty tricky, so you have the ability to summon both NPCs as well as other human players to assist you cooperatively, using them as pawns in your battles.

Summoning human players to help you is purposely restricted in several ways in the vanilla version of the game to give a sense of isolation, ephemeralness, and frustration. While I understand (and approve) of this design choice, it certainly cuts down on the "shenanigan factor", a key benchmark in multiplayer games. To rectify this, my colleagues and I will be using the seamless co-op mod for this LP. Please be aware this mod is an in-progress fanwork, so there might will be hiccups. I pray I can edit around these.

Is this real?
Only if you believe~

Who are you?
I am Kuvo and I am still somehow convincing Geop and Vicas to make LPs with me. We have a bit of a history with this series.

What is this mod you speak of?
The Seamless co-op mod can be found here. Here are some of the important changes

quote:

- If a player dies, they will respawn in the same world at the last bonfire they rested at.
- Defeating enemy bosses and clearing areas no longer sends co-operators home.
- All fog walls/barriers that usually restrict the multiplayer zone (along with their respective teleports) are gone.
- All players can use torrent (assuming they have the whistle) in a session together.
- All map waypoints will synchroniz
- When one player rests at a Site of Grace, the world state will reset for all players.
- Game progression events completed in online play will also progress the game in your own world.
- If one player sits at a bonfire while others are in boss rooms, those players will be removed from the boss rooms.
- Dying during a boss battle will put your character into limbo, spectating other players until either everyone in the party has been defeated, or a player rests at a site of grace.
- Dying in a cooperative session will afflict your player with rot. Rot is a stackable debuff which will increase with subsequent deaths. You can only remove rot by sitting at a Site of Grace. There are 5 different types of rot, which will be picked at random when a player dies.

What's the spoiler pollicy?
Vicas and I have played though this game several times. Geop has not. Do not ruin it for him.

Why are you editing everything?
Elden Ring is a huge game. There's going to be quite a bit of downtime during travel, leveling up, death runs, etc. We're also certainly going to have issues with the mod. I value your time (but not mine?) so I'll be cutting out the fat.

How often are you going to release video?
I have no clue. We are all 30 or 40 years old and have lives outside the internet so this might go on 8+ years or something.

Who is Rumsfeld?
A reprehensible tarnished who has been isekaing around for a bit (tl note: isekai means quantum leap)

Who is Hilde?
A tarnished who cast aside their namesake, ashamed of it's words and deeds.

Who is Big Titty Borzoi?
A tarnished of much renown, and a bangin set of honkers.

Um actually you mispoke when you stated Mohg didn't aquire all of his high school physical fitness credit hours. If you had read the lore you would know he had a waver and...
While Vicas and I are knowlegable about the game, you must remember one of us sometimes forgets things, and the other sometimes makes things up.

Is this going to be like your other LPs where you sucked at every fight, paid no attention to the game, got drunk and yelled and even passed out in a few episodes?
I can't recall the events you're talking about.

I want to co-op with you!
Please submit your resume and CV to our HR department and we will get back to you in 2-4 business years.

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Come to the lands between for the Elden Ring, hmm?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Merry Christmas

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I want to believe

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

:gurf:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Steelion posted:

I want to believe

it's not emptyquoting if it's today

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol gatdamn i clicked looking for a Dragon's Dogma LP...

...but this'll do

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Sally posted:

lol gatdamn i clicked looking for a Dragon's Dogma LP...

...but this'll do

Xenoblade Chronicles is the superior game

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Friends have been telling me about Dragma for years. Excited to get in the ground floor of a new LP.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I am excited for this LP.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'll be so hyped when in 200 years we'll finally cook Taro and befriend the Thundercats.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

:shittydog: :shittydog: :shittydog:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:
Ep 002 - Patch Problems

lets get this started

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

The best friend a tarnished, ashen one, undead, or hunter could have.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm still skeptical.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Totally thought this was going to a one off for april fools

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Slaan posted:

Totally thought this was going to a one off for april fools

I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad to see that it's not.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Looks like you lot are having real fun! I feel like Geop was getting real tired of DS2's poo poo by the end of that LP so here's hoping the co-op experience can pull you all through this monstrosity of a game.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Isn't there a mod that doubles the number of enemies? That seems fair.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Smoky Bandana posted:

Looks like you lot are having real fun! I feel like Geop was getting real tired of DS2's poo poo by the end of that LP so here's hoping the co-op experience can pull you all through this monstrosity of a game.

You might have missed the big reveal and/or double cross at the end of DS2 :ssh:

Unless that was a joke I also missed later on :v:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
i forgot i was doing an lp

Ep 003 - Right to remain silent

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Whenever I watch one of these it feels like it's over in 5 min, such chaotic fun.
I'm curious how many times Geop'll end almost/accidentally killing off Kuvo or Vicas.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is the game not giving you ally NPCs because you've already got two co-players in with you?

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

Y'know? I think this may actually be the perfect way to LP this game. Just having a good time with your bros.
I'll be drat impressed if you can make it all the way, but this is fun. Cheers, guys.

Kibayasu posted:

You might have missed the big reveal and/or double cross at the end of DS2 :ssh:

Unless that was a joke I also missed later on :v:

I think I must have. It was honestly getting to be a chore through the DLC areas, don't think I finished the LP. Something to add to my list I guess.

Smoky Bandana fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 9, 2024

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm afraid you're going to have keep using a flail and call it the Rumsfeld Spin Attack.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 004 - Lore implications of Bear

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Whoops, Determination is the first "next hit is a big hit" ash, while the Endure Ash is, uh, Endure

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I genuinely love the lore implications of the bear. It somehow manages to be both random and perfectly reasonable at the same time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think we all know the implications of wrestling with giant bears.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 005 - Crushing puz

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Ground floor!

Plus or minus two weeks.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Any excuse to post this....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTf2QsvOMUA

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

The Kaiden chestpiece is pretty good but the scale armour that the peninsula merchant sells is always my fave for the vagabond warrior look.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 006 - Royal BBQ

some new weapons

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I like the slime that randomly walked off the ledge in the corner of the camera after the twin blade talisman tower.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Still surprised they made slimes even more annoying than Demon's Souls.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

would you still love me if i drank worm dehorser?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Make a ton of firebombs and play game as mad bomber crew

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 007 - What's that bird doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/1782514378937405700

hi kc i love your comics