Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've driven a couple of Teslas and lived to tell the tale (no cybertruck), and the impression that I get is that they are designed by people who haven't built cars before, and who don't actually like to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

here's the video, as the idiocy is demonstrated a bit better looking at it in picture form

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1779587107046232270?t=Ijtp2jCmMChd0K7m7GHwTA&s=19

all it would take is 1 bolt to stop this. instead they use friction and maybe some glue?

:lol: :lmao:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ded posted:

all it would take is 1 bolt to stop this. instead they use friction and maybe some glue?

:lol: :lmao:

Elon heard once upon a time that threaded fasteners are pure evil.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

lol apparently the CYBERTRUCK!!!!!! has a nationwide stop sell order and is likely going to get an emergency recall. No this isn't for the plastic tire covers digging in to the tire side walls and threatening to blow them out at speed that was the last one. This one is for the accelerator pedal. The pedal has a stupid cover on it so it looks CYBER!!!!!-ized, and the cover can work it's way loose. Pretty bad. But wait there's more! When it gets loose it slides up off the top of the pedal where the foot well has a conveniently placed crevice that the pedal cover slides right in to, getting wedged in and holding down the pedal at almost max value.

lol please stop joking

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

did these loving morons try to go fast by putting slip on pedal covers with grip tape on the slip on covers?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Elon Musk, again, making me argue with Thor against preemptive self defense

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

lol apparently the CYBERTRUCK!!!!!! has a nationwide stop sell order and is likely going to get an emergency recall. No this isn't for the plastic tire covers digging in to the tire side walls and threatening to blow them out at speed that was the last one. This one is for the accelerator pedal. The pedal has a stupid cover on it so it looks CYBER!!!!!-ized, and the cover can work it's way loose. Pretty bad. But wait there's more! When it gets loose it slides up off the top of the pedal where the foot well has a conveniently placed crevice that the pedal cover slides right in to, getting wedged in and holding down the pedal at almost max value.

My father's revenge: he put a flaw in the Cybertruck. He put a fuse in the middle of your machine. And I've just told the entire tiktok how to light it.

Pouring one out for the brave Tesla engineer who made number go down.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

this is a lot of work just to short your own stock

#yeahimright #confirmationiscuck

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

GD_American posted:

I could see Belarus/Poland getting us yanked into that war via Article 5 as much more likely.

The North Atlantic Treaty is actually very weak on paper. Article 5 just says each party has to respond as they see fit. So a border skirmish can be easily brushed aside as having been dealt with, I think while maintaining NATO's deterrence regarding a larger war.

Article 5 posted:

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security .

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

NATO is literally just vibes now

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

that's cause teslas are cheap plastic crap on the inside.

I had the misfortune of riding in a (brand new) Model 3 to get to the airport the other day - I've somehow gone this long never having been in any Tesla.

My $18k-brand-new 2015 Ford Focus with the lower-profile tires is all around a nicer car to inhabit. It's a smoother ride over bumps, has more cushioned seats, has less rattles and squeaks, and isn't any louder inside at highway speed. It also has door handles instead of duplicating the button to roll down the windows for the door release, which is absolutely inscrutable in the dark.

Tesla has served it's purpose getting Americans and the world to think EVs can be cool cars. Time for Musk to go and for the new leadership to pivot to Supercharger networks and battery platforms. Recall all the cars and recycle them.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hannibal Rex posted:

My father's revenge: he put a flaw in the Cybertruck. He put a fuse in the middle of your machine. And I've just told the entire tiktok how to light it.

What's this a reference to?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Quackles posted:

What's this a reference to?

Rogue One (a badass movie tbh)

quote:

Orson Krennic : [corners Jyn and holds a blaster directly at her] Who are you?

Jyn Erso : You know who I am. I'm Jyn Erso, daughter of Galen and Lyra. You've lost.

Orson Krennic : [sarcastically] Oh I have, have I?

Jyn Erso : My father's revenge: he put a flaw in the Death Star. He put a fuse in the middle of your machine. And I've just told the entire galaxy how to light it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

not caring here posted:

I've driven a couple of Teslas and lived to tell the tale (no cybertruck), and the impression that I get is that they are designed by people who haven't built cars before, and who don't actually like to drive.

Getting one as a rental in a couple weeks. I look forward to loading it up with sugar and handing it back to its parents like a good uncle.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

orange juche posted:

Rogue One (a badass movie tbh)

Movie could’ve ended here and still been good, but then someone said “prepare a boarding party” and we got to see a genuine force of nature get unleashed upon some poor bastards :stwoon:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

goatsestretchgoals posted:

lol please stop joking

Check out the vid lol its stupid. Gas pedal held on by ???tape???.

Also Rogue One was great and if you didn’t catch the Andor prequel series you’re missing out on a great spy thriller series.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Happy Donnie Jury Selection day everybody! Have some of the good stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/04/14/truth-social-investors-faith-trump/

quote:

Jerry Dean McLain first bet on former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social two years ago, buying into the Trump company’s planned merger partner, Digital World Acquisition, at $90 a share. Over time, as the price changed, he kept buying, amassing hundreds of shares for $25,000 — pretty much his “whole nest egg,” he said.

That nest egg has lost about half its value in the past two weeks as Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price dropped from $66 after its public debut last month to $32 on Friday. But McLain, 71, who owns a tree-removal service outside Oklahoma City, said he’s not worried. If anything, he wants to buy more.
---
But there are also flickers of uncertainty and disenchantment, with some saying they faced thousands of dollars in losses or had “risked [literally] everything.” One user who had posted “Tired of WINNING yet?” earlier this year when the stock spiked posted that this week’s losses were “painful to stomach.”

“Come on DJT, every time I buy more, the price drops more,” the user @bill7718 wrote. “When will it be the BOTTOM!!” (He posted a chart Thursday showing the stock rising slightly alongside the caption, “moving!!” The price has since gone back down.)

The user @manofpeace123, who said they bought shares at $65 and that 71 percent of their portfolio was DJT stock, said on Wednesday that investing was a way of telling Trump, “I believe in you and I stand with you through good times and bad.” But a day later, the user added: “can’t help but feel sad. … feel like I’m trying to catch a falling knife.”

Another account, @realJaneBLONDE, posted on Sunday that she was “NOT panicked NOT worried” before, two days later, posting a message to Trump and congressional Republicans urging them to make it “illegal” to bet against or short-sell stocks.

“Sick of MY investment money being stolen!!” she wrote. “They’re stealing peoples money and you’re allowing it!!”

Some users said they were “baffled” by the stock’s ups and downs, and one asked for advice on how to tell her husband she didn’t want to sell. One user posted a meme image saying, “If you’re worried about your Money, Remember This, DJT stock is about FREE SPEECH & Without FREE SPEECH Money won’t mean much.”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Movie could’ve ended here and still been good, but then someone said “prepare a boarding party” and we got to see a genuine force of nature get unleashed upon some poor bastards :stwoon:

Though it’s now kinda funny how much he calmed down in the 15 minutes between rogue one and ANH.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Huge BBBY energy

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

That Works posted:

Also Rogue One was great and if you didn’t catch the Andor prequel series you’re missing out on a great spy thriller series.

Oh now absolutely, I went to see it not knowing much & was thrilled to get the best space & ground battles of the franchise, with the heroic return of Y-Wings & a ground battle that is well lit with both sides allowed to be competent.

Have watched Andor twice & was glad to learn second season is progressing nicely.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

The last Star Wars thing I watched was the Han Solo movie, which I liked but apparently that's not the popular opinion, oh well. Other than that, everything besides the original trilogy and TIE Fighter on PC is just too much of a mixed good and bad thing, and makes me feel like Alex being forced to watch poo poo in A Clockwork Orange.
Edit: Spaceballs remains awesome because it didn't get milked to death.

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012
Tesla are firing 10% of their global electric vehicle workforce

I'm sure all the documented quality control issues with Tesla vehicles will totally not get worse after this decision

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68818113

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

facialimpediment posted:

here's the video, as the idiocy is demonstrated a bit better looking at it in picture form

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1779587107046232270?t=Ijtp2jCmMChd0K7m7GHwTA&s=19

It's like the Homer only, instead of being designed by a middle-class buffoon, it was designed by a dumbass, severely ill-adjusted billionaire Manchild who fancies himself a genius.

E- CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER:

https://twitter.com/skyezera/status/1778903035432870247?t=GAjwY27PvcHzptSZ2KPxag&s=19

I guess AI isn't all bad, right?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 15, 2024

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Hogby will be the little girl smiling while the house burns down but it would be while her opponents are bleeding out

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shimp, n. A juvenile Shemp.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Stravag posted:

Hogby will be the little girl smiling while the house burns down but it would be while her opponents are bleeding out

Goddamn it I use to date a girl who looked like Hogby back in the 90’s.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

everybody was into a Hogby at some point in time

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Though it’s now kinda funny how much he calmed down in the 15 minutes between rogue one and ANH.

He was mad enough to personally choke someone to death and then throw their corpse into a bulkhead, no force shenanigans involved. That one was personal :stonklol:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Clarser is going to have some scores to settle with the rest of these assholes. They've been picking on her since Pre-K.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Orlando Furioso posted:

Tesla are firing 10% of their global electric vehicle workforce

I'm sure all the documented quality control issues with Tesla vehicles will totally not get worse after this decision

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68818113

Correct.

The key word is “documented”.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

If only I had some true posting enemys to buy them all new avatars.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/15/nyregion/trump-asleep-criminal-trial.html

Editing for video:

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1779922694244385242?t=ZENTaALupiCnIvTjw-vcQA&s=19

And around the same time the DA only wanted like $3k for three truth social posts violating the gag order, here was the judge's quote:

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1779906519569514716?t=b7qVh_4QAYR2xkNeTPjVAQ&s=19

Table-setting for the jam-wriggling, but oh the possibilities!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 15, 2024

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Low energy. Sad!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Sleepy Donald!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
courtroom sketches when?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

facialimpediment posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/15/nyregion/trump-asleep-criminal-trial.html

Editing for video:

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1779922694244385242?t=ZENTaALupiCnIvTjw-vcQA&s=19

And around the same time the DA only wanted like $3k for three truth social posts violating the gag order, here was the judge's quote:

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1779906519569514716?t=b7qVh_4QAYR2xkNeTPjVAQ&s=19

Table-setting for the jam-wriggling, but oh the possibilities!

Now we just need him to do this permanently.

How long until he tries to make himself a martyr by getting thrown in jail to fundraise?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

McNally posted:

courtroom sketches when?

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1779903711541604720

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1779908594500010338

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I meant of the nap lol