Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
it's nice that they're taking action about it now rather than just putting out a study saying "yep, poo poo's bad, someone should really do something about it". better things are possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zamujasa posted:

it's nice that they're taking action about it now rather than just putting out a study saying "yep, poo poo's bad, someone should really do something about it". better things are possible

Oh don't worry, the union is going to almost certainly fight this pretty hard.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
that's still something happening, though. even if they're fighting against it, the ball started moving. something is happening.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This makes that crazy BB Thornton / John Cusak movie make a lil more sense.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

fknlo posted:

The new FAA administrator dropped a bomb on the most common ATC schedule type today. Basically mandates 10 hours between a night and a day shift and 12 hours between a day shift and an overnight shift. This is a good thing, but there was zero collaboration and the union got a literal 7 minutes of notice that it was coming. My bosses think nothing will happen so something will absolutely happen. It'll be interesting to see the angle the union takes since this is directly targeted at safety and fatigue is something they've been hitting for a while. One of the biggest things I've heard was "I can't believe this administration did this" in regards to how it dropped with no notice or collaboration.

For those that are unfamiliar with the generic ATC schedule it's something along the lines of day 1 1500-2300, day 2 1330-2130, day 3 0700-1500, followed by a 0545-1345 and a 1030-0630 on the last day. It's absolutely brutal and it needs to die.

lmfao work in a kitchen, your days off are monday and friday and day last is sunday.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zamujasa posted:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

With something as critical as ATC, I think while should be working like 4 hours before a mandatory 2 hour break, but I know gently caress all.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bulletsponge13 posted:

With something as critical as ATC, I think while should be working like 4 hours before a mandatory 2 hour break, but I know gently caress all.

Youd think thousands of tons of trains hauling hazmat through the middle of towns would also get that but uhh

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That Works posted:

Youd think thousands of tons of trains hauling hazmat through the middle of towns would also get that but uhh

The thousand derailments per year show that the system is working perfectly, thank you.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bulletsponge13 posted:

It varies by facility, but ours averages less than 4 hours on position a day across all of the areas. So on break half the day.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude posted a substack article before he did it:

https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i-have-set-myself-on-fire-outside

it's crypto/qanon poo poo.

Proposal: Expose Peter Thiel as a totalitarian fascist working tirelessly to crush humanity under his boot

Reality: Cite Marge vs. the Monorail for half of your manifesto, miss the point of Dr. Strangelove harder and more cringefully than anyone has ever missed the point of Starship Troopers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

Proposal: Expose Peter Thiel as a totalitarian fascist working tirelessly to crush humanity under his boot

Reality: Cite Marge vs. the Monorail for half of your manifesto, miss the point of Dr. Strangelove harder and more cringefully than anyone has ever missed the point of Starship Troopers

It's a truly impressive display of going off the rails. He correctly identifies that cryptocurrency is a huge ponzi scheme, that Peter Thiel is evil, and Harvard grads tend to suck rear end. And from those sound foundations he somehow builds a truly ludicrous conspiracy theory. It's a bit like starting out with devil's food cake mix and somehow ending up with nerve gas.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Per Jared Holt, the guy was kind of a normal lefty, then his mom died and away he went.

So to make this post not a downer, have another Donnie TV's Frank sketch:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1781398317185827102?t=VjWDx3xZ9JewgAsCYJp_TQ&s=19

Also, an interview with the GOAT: https://hyperallergic.com/813359/courtroom-artist-jane-rosenberg-on-her-viral-sketch-of-trump/

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 20, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump is breaking multiple laws in that sketch, with his hair, of geometry.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
So is that crispy critter dead?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Coasterphreak posted:

lmfao work in a kitchen, your days off are monday and friday and day last is sunday.

You dind't work fridays and sundays? Not sure if those are other side of the industry phrases, I usually just delivered. Anyway everything about food service is loving insane. You will be working every time you're sick and you will never get a break. Unless you smoke, then you'll get an hour paid break per shift.

I recommend rolling your own at this point.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Stultus Maximus posted:

Scroll scroll scroll Kitty Dukakis scroll scroll scroll The Simpsons and organized crime scroll scroll scroll okay this guy was nuts.

Probably not best message for our aspiring maniacs to get another reminder if they want their message sent far & wide, do something horrible. Doubt Unabomber or Richard McBeef would have been widely read otherwise.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Coasterphreak posted:

Who the gently caress gets Friday off in a kitchen

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Soul Dentist posted:

Who the gently caress gets Friday off in a kitchen

the guy who writes the schedule and works sunday in fall so you can go to "church" at 1pm

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude posted a substack article before he did it:

https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i-have-set-myself-on-fire-outside

it's crypto/qanon poo poo.

I would have put my money on a Trump/QAnon type with an outside bet on RFK/QAnon. I was not expecting Michael Dukakis to get the martyr treatment in this one.

Good for him though. Dukakis got done dirty by Lee Atwater for the crime of being a decent if uninspiring liberal in the vein of George McGovern.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Coasterphreak posted:

the guy who writes the schedule and works sunday in fall so you can go to "church" at 1pm

Work in a “Christian” place that’s simply off on Sunday so you got one guaranteed day to sleep in and worship(your pillow) as you please.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Coasterphreak posted:

Was fun getting time & a half Sundays that kicked up to double time after 8 hours when I didn’t have much else to do.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Sure looking like UAW just cracked the south and unionized a VW plant in Chattanooga, roughly 70-30% in the vote:

https://twitter.com/MikeElk/status/1781499655408193639?t=qESUcd6C3bQ9TWL-Hv5FMA&s=19

Final numbers to be posted by the NLRB later, as the only reported numbers are from the UAW observer.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Bored As gently caress posted:

So is that crispy critter dead?

Seems like the guy wasn't exactly pro or anti anything from any rational standpoint.

Looks like he had some serious mental issues tied up in conspiracy theory and chose the worst way to express whatever was going on in his head.

Latest thing I read was that he's not expected to survive. I hope the dude's unconscious and sedated. That's a hosed up way to go.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I wonder if any of these people have ever had even part of their body on fire before, because I have the feeling it's worse than most people imagine and it goes from 0-100 in about a millisecond & only gets worse from there on out. I just can't imagine it's something anyone would choose unless they just simply don't know what they're in for.

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 20, 2024

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

facialimpediment posted:

Sure looking like UAW just cracked the south and unionized a VW plant in Chattanooga, roughly 70-30% in the vote:

https://twitter.com/MikeElk/status/1781499655408193639?t=qESUcd6C3bQ9TWL-Hv5FMA&s=19

Final numbers to be posted by the NLRB later, as the only reported numbers are from the UAW observer.

Just VW trying to prove that while they might be poo poo, they're not as poo poo as Tesla

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

facialimpediment posted:

While it’s cool and good UAW scored a victory in Chattanooga, Mike Elk is kind of a creep and a bit of a grifter so I’d definitely only trust the union’s numbers and statements.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

While it’s cool and good UAW scored a victory in Chattanooga, Mike Elk is kind of a creep and a bit of a grifter so I’d definitely only trust the union’s numbers and statements.

It sucks that the most prolific labor reporter out there is such a weird motherfucker.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Eyes Have It posted:

I wonder if any of these people have ever had even part of their body on fire before, because I have the feeling it's worse than most people imagine and it goes from 0-100 in about a millisecond & only gets worse from there on out. I just can't imagine it's something anyone would choose unless they just simply don't know what they're in for.

yeah no, immolation is quite possibly one of the worst ways to go, every description of it is extremely horrible and just the maximum possible amount of suffering that can be inflicted on a person in the shortest time possible.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah his poo poo seemed weird so I verified his poo poo elsewhere. Final vote was 2,628 to 985, so definitely a big win for the UAW.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Crypto BBQ dude died?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

IDK what you’re talking about, so let’s say ‘yes’ and now we do what?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

davecrazy posted:

Crypto BBQ dude died?
RIP to a fiery mad lad

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

orange juche posted:

yeah no, immolation is quite possibly one of the worst ways to go, every description of it is extremely horrible and just the maximum possible amount of suffering that can be inflicted on a person in the shortest time possible.

while it sure is a statement of a way to go, the possibility of not dying after super prolonged exposure to being on fire is even more terrifying to me

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bitcoin could have fixed this

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Trump Privately Rages About His Sketch Artist, Courtroom Nap Reports

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-trial-mad-haberman-sketch-artist-1235007794/

quote:

Trump has also privately asked people close to him if they agree that the courtroom sketch-artist must be out to get him, two of the sources say. Trump has critiqued the sketches of him that have circulated in the media this week, and insisted some of the images were likely drawn to make fun of him. One such sketch captured Trump snoozing, with his eyes closed and head tilted.

When court broke for lunch on Tuesday, Trump was observed licking his lips as he walked down the middle aisle before flashing a small smile at the courtroom sketch artist as he exited. 

Turns out, the Mobile Printer Lady can only do so much!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 20, 2024

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Ukraine part of the aid package passed easily, but note it didn't even have a majority of republicans:

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1781742727492727158

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Johnson was asked why he waited too long for Ukraine aid.

He said "we had a lot of important work to do in the House... FISA, other things..." lmao what a loving piece of poo poo.

Just because he did this one thing right (after stalling for 6 months) doesn't excuse the blood of Ukranians on his hands. And doesnt excuse his corruption.

Mr. "I DON'T HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT" Johnson. Give me a loving break.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Bored As gently caress posted:

Johnson was asked why he waited too long for Ukraine aid.

Best analysis I'm seeing is that he more or less got ultimatum-ed. First, he likely got access to the big-level intelligence that made him question his wacky-religious Ukraine priors. Turns out, Putin isn't inclined to stop once he's done with Ukraine! Second, Ukraine-friendly Republicans got pissed off.

Johnson likely worked the phones with Donnie to get him onto the whole "loan" deal - Donnie hasn't said anything of substance on Ukraine for quite a few weeks. All the while, the high-level Republican Housemembers kept prodding Johnson to make a loving move, but gave him some rope to develop a plan. Eventually, as Johnson had no plan that could move with only Republicans, they threatened to sign onto the Democrats' discharge petition. Johnson's likely just as annoyed at MTG/Gaetz, so he figured he'd move before he was pushed.

Still a piece of poo poo for all your noted reasons, of course!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

MTG is now saying she isn't going to file the motion to vacate. He called her bluff and she had no hand.