Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Platystemon posted:

This seems like something that the attorney general of the state where the company is licensed might be interested in.

If it's a Republican AG they'll probably give them an award and/or sue New York for being mean to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Platystemon posted:

This seems like something that the attorney general of the state where the company is licensed might be interested in.

About that - the company and that billionaire is already on a whole bunch of radars:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1775842084252959136?t=Cz9gHLXTdhVjSaMsA7DZMQ&s=19

I believe there's also poo poo set up so that a defendant can't just have a shady bond company cover a judgement, then have the bond company go "whoopsie I declare bankruptcy" when the appeal fails. The quote of "hmm we thought he was going to be pledging bonds to us and it was all cash! He's so rich!" was pretty suspect from this dude too.

Entirely possible this bond company won't work because legally, there would be too much risk that the state wouldn't get their money if/when the appeal crashes and burns.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The Eyes Have It posted:

The saddest one has got to be the guy I read about a few years ago. Joined up, fairly new ...

And shot his coworkers, took off with the cash. I don't really remember but I wanna say it was like 60k? He was arrested shortly after.

Like what the gently caress? A guy hired specifically to help keep you safe just flat out executes you for the dumbest and most unexciting payoff, not to mention a crime he would know he's 100% gonna get caught for if he wasn't such a dumbass. Totally senseless waste, those poor folks.

e: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/travis-baumgartner-gets-40-years-without-parole-for-killing-co-workers-1.1706464

Dang. When I worked retail a guy came in for an interview & on his way out must have thought he did poorly as but to make the trip worthwhile grabbed an Xbox from the shelf & ran out the door. Minor flaw in his plan, he had given all his real contact info to the store so wasn’t much of a whodunnit. Also it was an empty display box. Don’t think we hired him.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Eyes Have It posted:

The saddest one has got to be the guy I read about a few years ago. Joined up, fairly new ...

And shot his coworkers, took off with the cash. I don't really remember but I wanna say it was like 60k? He was arrested shortly after.

Like what the gently caress? A guy hired specifically to help keep you safe just flat out executes you for the dumbest and most unexciting payoff, not to mention a crime he would know he's 100% gonna get caught for if he wasn't such a dumbass. Totally senseless waste, those poor folks.

e: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/travis-baumgartner-gets-40-years-without-parole-for-killing-co-workers-1.1706464

Yeah that’s chump change and wouldn’t even fill up one bank ATM.

I once moved a truck stacked with so much money I was forced to put it in the cab up front breaking every rule imaginable from insurance to policy due to my management team telling me to “just get it done.” Click.
(Second truck had broke down and chase driver called off).

My driver was brand new first day didn’t even have a gun and I deadbolted his side of the truck and he asked why. “Company policy and I just want to be sure you won’t take off on me”
He quit at the end of the shift. He was shaking so badly he could barely drive.

The industry is hosed. However it’s mostly all insured. Insurance is cheaper than doing safely or securely. Until it isn’t.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

About that - the company and that billionaire is already on a whole bunch of radars:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1775842084252959136?t=Cz9gHLXTdhVjSaMsA7DZMQ&s=19
Color me shocked that once again the only people who will associate with trump are lovely scammers.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Secret's out!

https://twitter.com/frankrunyeon/status/1775938862189101263?t=60Igb_hUPkdtEAE5B0Fu2Q&s=19

So to wriggle out of Donnie's new jam (which will happen), the bond company needs to somehow become licensed by New York, or open a subsidiary in New York, or somehow prove they'll be able to directly pay the judgment (not just be a flow-through for Donnie's fake collateral). The corrected bond submission an hour ago doesn't fix any of that. Or, Donnie has to find another bond company.

And so a new 10-day clock has started - if this isn't resolved by then, NYAG can start collecting on the judgment.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

facialimpediment posted:

And so a new 10-day clock has started - if this isn't resolved by then, NYAG can start collecting on the judgment.

What’s the basis for starting a new clock? Was there some reason that Trump’s lawyers couldn’t have been aware of those requirements? Are they unusual?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

What’s the basis for starting a new clock? Was there some reason that Trump’s lawyers couldn’t have been aware of those requirements? Are they unusual?

Because privilege means you get as many tries as you need. This is an important case about serious people, you aren’t seriously going to hold him to the same standards as all the rabble who have to follow a judge’s instructions the first time.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Subjunctive posted:

Standard stuff. Donnie submitted a legal thing, NY AG said LEGAL THING BAD, now Donnie/bond company need to legally respond. That new clock allows the company to put together their legal argument that their shittery isn't bullshittery.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Because privilege means you get as many tries as you need. This is an important case about serious people, you aren’t seriously going to hold him to the same standards as all the rabble who have to follow a judge’s instructions the first time.

I've always thought that two-tiered justice both refers to rich/poor and white collar / blue collar. Donnie's a special rich white collar boy, so these systemic stall-points are tailor-made for him.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's all just so predictable at this point. In 9.9 days what's the new hangup going to be?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Does it matter? This country has protected the interests of rich white men from day one.

There is nothing more thoroughly unamerican than holding a rich white man accountable for anything.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's all just such a laugh riot.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If this stuff pisses you off more than it makes you laugh, I’m sorry but you might be doing it wrong.

I mean this poo poo is hilarious.

He’s never gonna be president again, he will do jail time, and he’ll be destitute. All within the next 48 months. Even if only 1 of those happens it’s a huge lol for me dawg.

If the mcstroke doesn’t get him first.

Laugh and enjoy watching Rome burn, I say.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
for me it's one of those sad chuckles because yeah it's funny that he steps on rakes constantly, but somehow they always stop before actually smacking him in the nose.

and it's hard not to look at it as a broader pattern of the same poo poo, where awful people like him may not be ultimately successful in 100% of the poo poo they do, but they still manage to get 80% of it done and we're all meaningfully worse off for it.

alternatively:

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

it would be funny if we were the ones burning rome, and not the ones living in it.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
saying that as if rome burning doesn't affect the rest of the world

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

He’s never gonna be president again, he will do jail time, and he’ll be destitute. All within the next 48 months.

i wish i had the confidence of a mediocre white man

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Kesper North posted:

i wish i had the confidence of a mediocre white man
As a mediocre white man, I have no confidence in any of that coming to pass.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zamujasa posted:

for me it's one of those sad chuckles because yeah it's funny that he steps on rakes constantly, but somehow they always stop before actually smacking him in the nose.

and it's hard not to look at it as a broader pattern of the same poo poo, where awful people like him may not be ultimately successful in 100% of the poo poo they do, but they still manage to get 80% of it done and we're all meaningfully worse off for it.

alternatively:

it would be funny if we were the ones burning rome, and not the ones living in it.

None of us ever truly had a chance to own a piece of Rome, the best we could hope to do is watch it burn, really.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

None of us ever truly had a chance to own a piece of Rome, the best we could hope to do is watch it burn, really.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

He’s never gonna be president again, he will do jail time, and he’ll be destitute. All within the next 48 months. Even if only 1 of those happens it’s a huge lol for me dawg.

The only funny thing about this is people like you who keep going "Watch ole trump wiggle outa THIS one!!"

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

I've always thought that two-tiered justice both refers to rich/poor and white collar / blue collar. Donnie's a special rich white collar boy, so these systemic stall-points are tailor-made for him.

One thing that's not different is that justice is always slow (speedy trial, what speedy trial?)... but it's slow for both people sitting in Rikers and relaxing in mansions.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If this stuff pisses you off more than it makes you laugh, I’m sorry but you might be doing it wrong.

Give me a loss in November, and I'll laugh all you want, as losing the election seems to at least partially seal his fate; he couldn't hide behind the Presidency and make two of the cases go away* even though pardoning himself would imply guilt but he's somehow not guilty.

E- *or, in an shittier timeline, he hides behind the presidency, Pardons himself, and then immediately confesses to everything.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 4, 2024

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Give me a loss in November, and I'll laugh all you want, as losing the election seems to at least partially seal his fate; he couldn't hide behind the Presidency and make two of the cases go away* even though pardoning himself would imply guilt but he's somehow not guilty.

E- *or, in an shittier timeline, he hides behind the presidency, Pardons himself, and then immediately confesses to everything.

I don’t think that Donny’s brain works like that. I don’t think that his narcissism allows him to admit he did anything wrong. Dude is so pathological, I am honestly not sure he understands objective reality. I feel like admitting fault or not being perfect doesn’t actually exist to him.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
For as slow as the feds have been, it's absurdly fast compared to some of the states:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1775958049204650186?t=6xQDB6Rvvcw12VCn-eXKhQ&s=19

A few weeks ago legal observers were wondering if this particular investigation was getting close to charging decisions, so this one's fun!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CBJSprague24 posted:

:toxx: Trump will never be president again :toxx:

The destitute and in jail is a reach, I fully admit, but he’s never getting the reigns of power again.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

He’s gonna outlive us all

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Tiny Timbs posted:

He’s gonna outlive us all

If you really want some fun poo poo, I think he's on ozempic.

But anyways, kind of a bummer that Solid Snake became a porch pirate:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1775960527677903113?t=L3FQmcAucMsDGGlATYxSSw&s=19

https://youtu.be/igMGKw6csyY?si=dMwXUwkazbObWTa-

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

facialimpediment posted:

If you really want some fun poo poo, I think he's on ozempic.

But anyways, kind of a bummer that Solid Snake became a porch pirate:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1775960527677903113?t=L3FQmcAucMsDGGlATYxSSw&s=19

https://youtu.be/igMGKw6csyY?si=dMwXUwkazbObWTa-

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hobbesmaster posted:

That’s basically the firmest confirmation you have ADHD

What's funny is I have had adderall in the past and it did not make me tired, though I suspect it might have been because it was instant release

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:toxx: Trump will never be president again :toxx:

The destitute and in jail is a reach, I fully admit, but he’s never getting the reigns of power again.

I hope with every fiber of my being that you are correct

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arrath posted:

I hope with every fiber of my being that you are correct

:same:

I’ve given way too many tenbux to this gay dead comedy forum to owe ten more and have another President Trump.

I think I would log off for a while.

That’s what my boy Crusty Minge did, and he’s one of the happiest people I know.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

wow, shim over here making me hope for a trump presidency

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

:same:

That’s what my boy Crusty Minge did, and he’s one of the happiest people I know.

Happy to hear he's doing good.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Problematic Soup posted:

I don’t think that Donny’s brain works like that. I don’t think that his narcissism allows him to admit he did anything wrong. Dude is so pathological, I am honestly not sure he understands objective reality. I feel like admitting fault or not being perfect doesn’t actually exist to him.

Pretty much.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

also arent his crimes state crimes and not federal and thus wouldnt be able to self pardon anyway?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

My Spirit Otter posted:

also arent his crimes state crimes and not federal and thus wouldnt be able to self pardon anyway?

You are going to have to be more specific.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

My Spirit Otter posted:

Upcoming NY trial yes, NY AG civil case yes, J6/classified document stuff no.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Spirit Otter posted:

He is facing federal and state charges. And a R governor in GA can’t pardon him because paroles/pardons work weird in GA compared to some other states.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

thanks for the responses, everyone. so he can potentially wriggle his way out of the j6/classified stuff, but not so much the ny/georgia voter fraud stuff.

is he looking at any jail time for the state level stuff or is it mostly fines/forfeiture? if he is, then for comedy's sake and not actually, i hope he gets elected because it would be really funny to see him running the country and doing press statements in an orange jumpsuit and holding cabinet meetings on the bleachers in the yard, appointing aryan brotherhood members to high level government positions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Spirit Otter posted:

thanks for the responses, everyone. so he can potentially wriggle his way out of the j6/classified stuff, but not so much the ny/georgia voter fraud stuff.

is he looking at any jail time for the state level stuff or is it mostly fines/forfeiture? if he is, then for comedy's sake and not actually, i hope he gets elected because it would be really funny to see him running the country and doing press statements in an orange jumpsuit and holding cabinet meetings on the bleachers in the yard, appointing aryan brotherhood members to high level government positions

Mandatory minimum of 5 years in Georgia under their RICO statute, I believe.

Edit- yes, it’s a 5-20 year sentence, with 5 being the mandatory minimum.

If he loses that case, which I doubt he does, he’s definitely dying in prison.