Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

There's always more suckers, and Trump will keep leaving them with the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Do not the cave.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump says abortion should be a states' issue and pissed off evangelicals and Lindsey Graham.

https://twitter.com/Alyssafarah/status/1777452030912590217

Freeloaded around, found out.

Trumps start to become aware that Abortion could sink him and hes trying to push it off.

Thankfully Dark Brandon isn't letting people forget that easy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Zamujasa posted:

i cannot fathom an 80,000 square foot gas station. that's over half the size of the loving costco here.

what do you even do with all that space?

Buckees is basically a mini Walmart with a food court, so yeah they are massive

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kith posted:

russia (or perhaps ukraine, depending on how you look at it) has spent a lot of time cutting out the russian military's bloat and rot. we are unfortunately approaching a point where russia is starting to get its poo poo together by virtue of everyone who did not have their poo poo together being dead or in prison.

combined with the republican ratfucking denying them aid, it's a tough situation. i genuinely hope the EU steps up to the plate.

Disagree wholeheartedly. I suspect the machine of graft and theft is still grinding along and that the people in power are still the same empty suits.

Remember they tried to clean up their military previously and it upset the graft machine so they canned the guy cleaning it up, there's no reason to believe that's changed, or they would've stopped with the human wave poo poo by now.

No, I suspect it's 'Same poo poo, different day' in Russias high command.

Ukraine on the other hand appears to be learning quickly, and is being forced to do so on a very lean budget both equipment and manpower wise so they have to be much more creative.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The Eyes Have It posted:

This is from close to twenty years ago, but a distract relative I was chatting with at wedding lived in Japan for a while and said where he was you purchased tickets based on the number of stops you travel. Ticket agents would sometimes come to check tickets, and if you didn't have the correct one (ie paid for one stop but traveling further) then the penalty was... having to buy the correct ticket.

Side note he observed it was as ridiculous how much a foreigner could get away with because it was assumed that you just didn't know any better.

Yeah this happened to me twice during my visit, and it was very much "Oh no, you are missing enough tickets, let me help you get what you need". The conductor was really nice and just helped me get the right ones for my stop.

God I miss Japanese public transit. Not so much the work schedules. Still, I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Not surprised in the least. If Russia could win the war outright, it likely could've already done so - turns out decades of corruption have taken their toll and their military is nothing better than a human wave campaign that keeps falling flat for gains of meters.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

https://youtu.be/mU7XDHxCcEU?si=PsYKLa1NFNVatIva

Early on, Donnie had to escrow money into an account for a lawyer to agree to represent him (if I recall correctly - $2m). But as he's paid $76m for lawyers, all out of campaign/donor money, it's pretty clear he's willing to pay them and not stiff them... until the donor money runs out.

He's willing to pay because the lawyers required a pre-paid retainer to represent him because they are shockingly not dumb enough to ignore the endless lawsuits by people against him for not paying them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

Mike Johnson is going to get things done and get McCarthy'd for it:
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1780934341092057530

I hope he resigns and the narrow-thin majority becomes that much smaller.

They basically cannot replace Johnson as they don't have the votes, Freedom Caucus shot themselves in the foot getting rid of McCarthy.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 18, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

MTG is now saying she isn't going to file the motion to vacate. He called her bluff and she had no hand.

House Freedom Caucus is largely slipping from power and they finally realized it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't think Russia cares whether or not Russia leaving would be the will of the Ukrainian people. This bit of diplomacy isn't a poll left to the people by Elon.

Elon thinks he's some sort of power broker rather than the lovely self-deluded tech bro that he is

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Does this actually happen? I've signed employment agreements that include non-competes for practically every job including some in seriously anti-labor states, and it has never been a factor with changing jobs.

It seems like a good policy change on paper, but is it like the federal marijuana possession clemency where it helped like 11 people in practice?

Its basically something companies slip in as a thread. A lot like NDA for illegal things - technically enforceable through threat, but easily laughed off in court. Its something to hang over your head if they need it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Its funny how the easiest way for the Dems to own the GOP is to just....say out loud the quiet part:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah that's the problem - higher gag fines aren't legal in this circumstances, so lol that jailtime is.

Also, laffo that MTG is officially impotent now:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1785311439143530510?t=EX9_QojjyG3b0fCPR67e4w&s=19

HFC sold their power bid to go unhinged and now have nothing in their pocket with so many retirements, so yeah they are hosed and cannot elect a new speaker without the Dems.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nick Soapdish posted:

I don't know the veracity of his claim but I follow an addiction medicine MD on Twitter so was saying that DEAs decision don't actually consult medical doctors for how they decide things, e.g., the ADHD medication limiting and cannabis

I mean the original foundation of the DEA itself was largely around racist ideals, and their motivation is focused on the War on Drugs rather than understanding the medical and mental impact of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mustang posted:

When I joined the Army I admitted I had smoked weed for my clearance and also at medical in processing I think. They asked me about it in my OCS board and I just said I had tried it and don't use it anymore and that was the last I ever heard about it.

If they actually didn't accept people for smoking weed there would be nobody in the military or with clearances.

Yeah, both the FBI and NSA are struggling to recruit tech talent for this reason.