Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Arrath posted:

I've been meaning to read it for ages.

:imunfunny:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Not pictured, an EMT riding on a moped 30 feet back with a 5 gallon water dispenser strapped to the back just waiting for the heat stroke to hit...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Hey let's run a race which is famously named because the first guy who ran it loving died from it.

Well, we run weak millennial versions of our proud warrior ancestors.

260miles over two 48 hour stints, in the august heat, followed by running around as a messenger during the battle, then finally running another 26 miles to close out the day to make sure the city knew what happened so the traitors didn't dare risk opening the southern gates to the Persian fleet that was wheeling around for a second go.

The run we do today is more like the 26 mile mass run of the light infantry back to the city to secure it against that second attack. Just a gaggle gently caress of everyone moving in clumps and being miserable.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Did the NTSB finally do something about the four ton children's toy that somehow someone allowed VIN numbers for?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

I mean, he’s technically correct? The legality of a coup is completely irrelevant, because coups and legalism don’t exist on the same playing field. In the same way you can’t apply hockey rules to a football game.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Grip it and rip it posted:

The interpretation they're putting forward would make coups legal essentially - only impeachment removes that. So the President would have a vested legal interest in disrupting Congress if they thought an impeachment eas likely. The whole thing is stupid as all hell and has no basis on any content legal theory or practice

Yes. And that’s why. If you lose you get impeached and punished, if you win it wasn’t illegal.

Trying to apply liberal legal theory to getting punched in the face is a fallacy of first principles.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My niece got arrested at Emerson in Boston this weekend. her first arrest.

Does she need bail? I don’t feel bad donating towards bailing out protestor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Isn’t it just collusion is if it’s not trying to be kept secret? I feel like there is a better word than conspiracy for how universities and endowments work to influence imperial fuckery